Pre-Game Talk: Avs' week II: Kings, Kings, Ducks, Ducks - try II

How many posts in before this thread is turned on it's ear too?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Scott doesn’t know anything, the NHL ap doesn’t tell you anything.

I don’t know what difference emergency or not makes. It still is a roster spot, it still uses cap. Geekie for Carolina was classified as emergency btw.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Scott doesn’t know anything, the NHL ap doesn’t tell you anything.

I don’t know what difference emergency or not makes. It still is a roster spot, it still uses cap. Geekie for Carolina was classified as emergency btw.
Yeah IDK what he means. My NHL app shows everyone on the taxi squad as being "on the roster" too, including Kiefer Sherwood, but doesn’t show Werner.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Expected lineup tonight?

Landeskog ---- Mackinnon ---- Rantanen
Saad -------------- Kadri -------- Burakovsky
Nichuskin ------- Compher ---- Donskoi
Calvert ---------- Bellemare ---- Jost

Toews --- Makar
Graves --- Girard
Cole ------ Timmins

Francouz
Grubauer

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Expected lineup tonight?

Toews --- Makar
Graves --- Girard
Cole ------ Timmins

Francouz
Grubauer
With 3 days rest, I would start our No1, Gruby.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
With 3 days rest, I would start our No1, Gruby.
I figure that there's a b2b on Friday/Saturday where you want to be playing Francouz one of the games, along with a start on either the 19th or on the 24th.

Splitting the next 4 games evenly between Francouz and Grubauer would maintain the 60/40 - 65/35 split in starts that Bednar mentioned recently, whether Francouz gets tonights game (as shown below), or if Grubauer gets tonights game (as shown at the bottom).

upload_2021-1-19_13-27-37.png

upload_2021-1-19_13-31-16.png

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Hopefully Frank isn't seriously injured... running Miska as the backup for the whole season would be a disaster.

Reactions: klozge

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Expected lineup tonight?

Toews --- Makar
Graves --- Girard
Cole ------ Timmins

Francouz
Grubauer
Watching Jost play so well to start the season, I’m hopeful to see him get some ice time at 3C. Slide JTC to RW with PEB.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Watching Jost play so well to start the season, I’m hopeful to see him get some ice time at 3C. Slide JTC to RW with PEB.
3C is a problem, but for now I'd rather just let Jost have a steady run on that 4th line so that he can build chemistry and carve out a niche for himself.

Reactions: avsfan09

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
The sooner nobody uses Scott as a source, the better.
I just searched for a source on the Francouz injury front as no one had posted anything concrete yet despite two posteres mentioning it, and that tweet was all I found.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I mean the Avs featured Grubauer in photos yesterday so if there’s something going on with one of the goalies a better bet is Francouz but nobody knows anything. We’ll see after morning skate.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Why isn’t Newhook playing for BC right now? Is he injured? If so, do we know the extend of it?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I just searched for a source on the Francouz injury front as no one had posted anything concrete yet despite two posteres mentioning it, and that tweet was all I found.
Isn’t it Fing weird how on 2021 no one covers the Avs effectively. Momma’s don’t let your babies grow up to be, “sports journalists” (or Running Backs).

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Unless it's COVID related, it only took a couple games for Sakic to eat his confident words about the goalie injuries last year being flukes.

And how is EJ ready already? I thought he needed more time? He should take more time IMO, he's a big guy and needs to have his legs at 100%.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Unless it's COVID related, it only took a couple games for Sakic to eat his confident words about the goalie injuries last year being flukes.

And how is EJ ready already? I thought he needed more time? He should take more time IMO, he's a big guy and needs to have his legs at 100%.

I think that's why they're rolling 7D. So they don't overwork him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad