Pre-Game Talk: Avs' week II: Kings, Kings, Ducks, Ducks - try II

How many posts in before this thread is turned on it's ear too?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Watching highlights I see Girard looks faster than he did last year. I think his straight skating speed was stopping him from being elite offensively, and he may have fixed that.

It wasn't that--it was his shot, which unfortunately hasn't improved any.

That's fine though, he's a huge reason that this team is successful--he may not score a ton of points but he pushes the puck in the right direction and is excellent defensively. Obviously STL did not put forth their best effort in Game 2 but I was so impressed with the fact that Colorado was giving the Blues NOTHING out there. For all the praise they rightfully receive for their offensive acumen, their defense is quite good.

Reactions: Mr Zappalanche

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Timmins will probably have to come out when Byram gets in. Next game (or 2) will be a big fight between Graves and Timmins though, but for my money

Toews - Makar
Graves - Girard
Byram - EJ
Cole - Timmins

is the best way we can line up our D pairings when healthy. Now, Bo could supplant either Graves or Toews later in the year, and we know EJ will miss more time so Timmins will get plenty of shots.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
No idea, but it looks like the Avs called up Hunter via emergency loan and promoted Werner to the taxi squad. So whichever of Gru/Fankie that didn't magically get hurt today is probably gonna start.
Yeah that came out of nowhere. Media sure on their A-game

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Probably Gru, his groin is worse than Varly's. Doesn't matter, Avs D holds the puck for 60 minutes.

Reactions: arun

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
A few facts:

Bednar conveniently did not speak to the media today.

Grubauer was featured in practice and airline photos today

Nobody was added to the Covid list and players on teams that did not play today were

Reactions: Avs71

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Good, lord. Trent Miner is now on the Avs taxi squad.

Edit: Never mind. I read that wrong, we might be safe.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
There is also another item teams must consider when it comes to the taxi squad: Travel. Waddell said each team has the freedom to determine how many of their taxi squad members can travel with the NHL roster. The only mandatory requirement is each team must travel with their taxi squad goaltender.

Hopefully it ends up being some sort of business/practice decision and no new injuries.

Edit- well shoot TV says not likely.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Hopefully it ends up being some sort of business/practice decision and no new injuries.
Traveling and rostering an extra goalie (Miska) for practice reasons and Covid insurance?

Since the word "emergency" is in there chances are it's not a cap saving or "insurance" thing.

Grubauer was featured in practice and airline photos today

It's Francouz then.

Only one EMERGENCY LOAN in the whole league and it's us

EsEBb8EW8AEoIN3

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad