Votes: 9 3.9%
  • Kraken in 7

Votes: 21 9.2%

• Total voters

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
It is really a matter of definition and where that line is can be tricky. Makar has missed 18% of his regular season games so far in his career. Which puts him at an average over an 82 game season of 15 missed. Over the same timeframe, MacK has missed 13% of his games... which is about 11 per 82. To me, I'd say both kinda push that injury prone limit. If Makar gets over 20%, I don't think there is much debate then.
It is really a matter of definition and where that line is can be tricky. Makar has missed 18% of his regular season games so far in his career. Which puts him at an average over an 82 game season of 15 missed. Over the same timeframe, MacK has missed 13% of his games... which is about 11 per 82. To me, I'd say both kinda push that injury prone limit. If Makar gets over 20%, I don't think there is much debate then.
I don’t think there’s any point in looking at what Makar misses per year as a percentage to determine if he’s i jury-prone or not.

Compare him to all dmen who play 20+ minutes for 82 games. Does he miss more or less than the average.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don’t think there’s any point in looking at what Makar misses per year as a percentage to determine if he’s i jury-prone or not.

Compare him to all dmen who play 20+ minutes for 82 games. Does he miss more or less than the average.
Yeah he does

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Do you have the actual numbers readily available? I would actually be genuinely curious to see what type of injury lengths the rest of the league sees on their respective teams.
I’m off my computer so harder to compile… but not hard to see Makar misses a lot. Fox has missed only a handful of games in his whole career. Miro misses about half what Makar does. Hughes only a handful a year. Seider hasn’t missed a game in two years. I think Dahlin is less than 20 in his career with most in one season. The contemporaries around Makar miss less games.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I’m off my computer so harder to compile… but not hard to see Makar misses a lot. Fox has missed only a handful of games in his whole career. Miro misses about half what Makar does. Hughes only a handful a year. Seider hasn’t missed a game in two years. I think Dahlin is less than 20 in his career with most in one season. The contemporaries around Makar miss less games.
Started calling him Frail Cale for a reason.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow

Love EJ. Hate to see it end like this, but I think he knows he's played his last game in an Avs sweater.

I can see him sticking around on a league min kind of deal. +250k of course.

The Avs need cheapish 3rd pairing vets. It's likely either him or JJ who gets a new deal.

Last edited:

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom

Love EJ. Hate to see it end like this, but I think he knows he's played his last game in an Avs sweater.

Offer EJ a role in player development with the organization

Maybe it’s a bunch of nonsense but there was a story at one point that he and his wife were waiting until he retired to have kids. He’s done as a (useful) player but if they want kids that sounds like a good reason to call it now

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Offer EJ a role in player development with the organization

Maybe it’s a bunch of nonsense but there was a story at one point that he and his wife were waiting until he retired to have kids. He’s done as a (useful) player but if they want kids that sounds like a good reason to call it now
If EJ comes back it needs to be as a 7/8D. He has become too slow for today's NHL.

One problem I could see with EJ as player development coach is what he does with the puck when pressured. Very often he just reverses course, pins the puck on the board and then loses the board battle. I see Byram doing this very often now and I think he is picking this up from EJ. I don't remember Byram doing this that often prior to this season. If this is what EJ would teach as a player development coach I want nothing to do with him.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I'm guessing EJ signs with the Avs on a 1 year deal for around $1M or less, or he retires. I can't see him playing another year for another team.

If EJ hangs it up, I could see JMFJ signing a 1 year deal with the Avs as well for league minimum.

If EJ comes back it needs to be as a 7/8D. He has become too slow for today's NHL.

One problem I could see with EJ as player development coach is what he does with the puck when pressured. Very often he just reverses course, pins the puck on the board and then loses the board battle. I see Byram doing this very often now and I think he is picking this up from EJ. I don't remember Byram doing this that often prior to this season. If this is what EJ would teach as a player development coach I want nothing to do with him.
All the Avs Dmen do this. Perhaps they are being taught this by Pratt and Bednar?

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I'm guessing EJ signs with the Avs on a 1 year deal for around $1M or less, or he retires. I can't see him playing another year for another team.

If EJ hangs it up, I could see JMFJ signing a 1 year deal with the Avs as well for league minimum.

All the Avs Dmen do this. Perhaps they are being taught this by Pratt and Bednar?
Agree on contracts.

As for your last comment...the other dmen do this way, way less than both EJ and Byram IMO. I would be very disappointed in Pratt and Bednar if they are the ones teaching this. I don't believe they are.

Reactions: Stanley Thermos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad