GDT: Avs vs Jets 6PM MST: We're better on the road right?

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Seriously how many games have we lost this season while scoring 4 or more? You need to be able to win those games. The offense showed up, where the hell was Grubauer? 6 goals against when you have twice as many shots is unacceptable and unwinnable

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
They played a good game and lost due to crap goaltending. 6 goals on 16 shots is ridiculous.

This is an example of why we can't lose EASY games. We're going to lose good games like this one.

Thank God the central stalled out around game 30. We would be buried any other year right now

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Can we just ship Grubauer back to Germany? The guy simply isn't even playing at an NHL level, maybe nacho duty with Varly and Frank sharing reps.

Outside that, I got to say it was a fairly decent game, effort was good, got secondary scoring, made a few too many mistakes but probably played well enough to win tonight just aren't going to do it when the goalie plays that poorly.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
So did we give WPG three minutes of the net being empty and only allow one goal? Wow you know you're out playing a team when you pull the goalie on the PK and still don't give up a goal.

Reactions: MacBradley

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
If you get slightly above average goaltending in this league you have a shot every game. In 2/3 games we don't get that. And it also doesn't matter if it's Varly or Grubi - both are mediocre at best. I remember exactly ONE stolen game all season (Grubi vs. Montreal); that's not good enough.

Then you add Meh Special Teams and bonehead individual mistakes (today we had Rants, Landy and Cole costing us big time) and you know exactly WHY we are losing games left and right.

The effort is there almost every night but the execution is not. And i don't think adding one Top 6 player (FA or draft) will fix that.

Reactions: Goulet17

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Which would be a mistake. Varly can have great games, but overall he's done

I really, genuinely don't want him back, especially for either the money or the term that he is going to want. That said, are there really going to be any better options out there?

I do think that the plan was for next season to be Francouz and Grubauer, but right now can you trust Grubauer to carry the load? I guess we'll see how the rest of the year turns out.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Francouz gives up 7 with the Eagles the other day and Grubauer matches him tonight. You're up, Varly!

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
As Rycroft stated, the Avs had some horrific, unsound defensive hockey. Grubs certainly wasn't great, but you cannot gloss over some of the non-NHL caliber mistakes from the team as a whole. Winnipeg may have given up 41 shots, but the Jets did not have the same type of colossal breakdowns.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Right and they had winning record 4 out of 5 seasons he was there, but yet he still wasn't good.
Why are you fixated on winning seasons? His first three years with them he only played 23 games combined... Takes goaltenders a long time to get their shit together. He's been great for the Islanders.

But whatever, this is off topic.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I wonder if Detroit would give us Howard for Grubs. Grubs is signed for cheap and helps their tank lol.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Nice to see who the scapegoat of the season is.

Lets all do this tomorrow when you lot psychotically rage towards Varlamov.

Both of them deserve every ounce of poop thrown at them right now. I have zero faith in either one.

It's like burning 9M in a dumpster fire right now.

Reactions: Raucherhusten

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
Helleybuck wasn't brilliant but made big saves to keep his team in front. Nobody expects your goalie to always stand on his head but tonight's performance by Grubauer was unacceptable. Not only was he technically deficient but his body language didn't inspire any confidence. On many goals, it appears he couldn't even tell what happened

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Ok.... Grubauer was bad tonight. Not going to fault him on the first two goals because there's really nothing you can do when you're hung out to dry like that, but the rest.....

You score 4 goals, you should win an NHL hockey game. At the very least you should be able to get a point. Grubauer struggled tonight, and I feel like if Varly performs well tomorrow the net is right back up for grabs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad