• Yndi halda

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Signal Hill

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
Man people get mad when they … don’t know about a genre of music? I’m so confused. Lol.

Explosions in the Sky takes the cake for me. Big high school nostalgia. I’d pick the Appleseed Cast and Do Make Say Think as runners up over the rest of the poll but I love it all. Also gotta acknowledge the OGs like Slint and Talk Talk

I think “post rock” means that rock is dead and this is what comes after that.
it’s a dumb term like most sub genre titles. It just refers to music that has rock instrumentation but discards conventional structure. Usually has big build ups, dynamic shifts, and lots of atmosphere. Often has no vocals.

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
I don't blame Kadri, I also don't blame us for walking away from that contract. I blame the league and the BS hard cap that forces good teams to throw players overboard. It was the case with Chicago, it was the case with Tampa, it's the case with us. It's BS.
The NHL needs a version of Larry Bird rights, wherein the incumbent team can give significantly more AVV than other suitors and surpass the cap. Landy, Mac, Mikko and Makar should be Avs from draft to retirement. I get an awful feeling that Landy will be the only one.

As for Kadri: The guy did everything the Avs asked, and at a crazy value contract the Leafs saddled him with. It's distinctly possible that the club does not win the cup without Kadri. SO if he wants to take his final shot at a life changing contract, I bear him zero ill will. Indeed, I've been his biggest supporter on HF, and I would not have signed him for 7 x $9, or $7 x 7, or 7 x anything. I'm happy as hell for him that Calgary was dumb enough to do so.

Reactions: Vk1ing

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
I appreciate the inclusion of Red Sparrows but it should be Mogwai or Godspeed as the winner. I voted Godspeed
Do we think Manson is ready for his first back to back now?

I know G!YBE isn’t for everyone but I loved seeing them live. First time was at the Troubadour in LA, a small venue and I had never heard them but went on the recommendation of my bandmate, and because he had a plus one for his freebie tickets from Rhino Records (yeah this was a long time ago), and they blew my doors off. Didn’t seem them again until like 2016, in an old chapel in Chicago. That’s a proper venue for them haha. It wasn’t as rad as the first time but they played my favorite song and that made my year.
i was at that church show in Chicago 👍

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
So Rants already broke his goal record, whoa. Still many games left to add more.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
So there's no singing in this genre? I know of God Is an Astronaut, but I feel like this genre is a less talented version of Djent.

Why are the band names so over-insinuated?
Some of them have vocals

No idea why so many of them have so many odd names

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Second time this year the Avs got f***ed on the schedule against Calgary. Would be enormous if the Avs could find a way to win tonight but their flight from Winnipeg didn’t even arrive until after 1am. Probably 3am before a lot of guys got in bed.
Are they still banning sleeping on flights?:sarcasm:

Snow Arc

Friendly neighborhood Snow Arc
Aug 14, 2020
Kadri.gif

Post Malone? Kid Rock?

Reactions: nightonthesun

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad