Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Yndi halda

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Signal Hill

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010

Roughly league median defensive impact probably makes him a top 4 dman. Not much of a contributor offensively but we don’t need him to be and bad for taking penalties but the whistles go away in the playoffs. I don’t think this is a big indictment of him for what we need.

The main thing I’d worry about him is his further decline from here, especially as that quality of teammates number goes down as we get screwed by the cap.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Is it horrible that I do not know a single one of these “post-rock” bands? Hell, I didn’t even know we were in post-rock age. When did this happen?
A lot of people have probably heard Explosions in the Sky without realizing due to their inclusion in Friday Night Lights. A lot of people have also probably heard Sigur Ros without knowing. I think they had a Game of Thrones cameo too.

Unless you’ve been interested in some of the adjacent rock subgenres over the years it wouldn’t be surprising at all to never knowingly encounter it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
True, but better than The Wave. The 80s were a dark, dark time for sports crowds.
Nothing is worse than Sweet Caroline. I sometimes want to remove my hearing when I physically see people actually enjoy singing this song. At least the wave is fun for the kids.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Newhook's skating is like going on a date with a woman that you'd rate as an 8, but has the personality of a 4. Beautiful, but with no substance.
This a better way of saying what I have since before he was drafted. Kid has amazing fundamentals and it is very pretty… just nothing there.

• Haha
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Pointing out facts, meant to dispel the notion that he’s in the elite tier of skaters isn’t being negative.

Not one person who’s gone in depth on it has said he’s a terrible skater. Just that he went from being surrounded by lesser skaters (which made him stand out), to the NHL. Where he’s now merely a fine/good skater.

In fact one of the individuals who went on such a deep dive (henchy) even said that they like Newhook, but they see him as a Top 6 wing rather than a C.

There’s no goalpost shifting here. Just people who are clinging to a hope that he’s going to be our 2C answer and he’s really not.

Just people going crazy after he went point per game for…2 games, after being completely invisible for 9-10 games.

It’d be a huge disservice to this team if he was still here after the TDL. A small offensive winger who’s mediocre defensively, doesn’t drive play..and isn’t actually that good offensively, is of little use on a cup run. Hopefully someone out there still places some value on him.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
Is it horrible that I do not know a single one of these “post-rock” bands? Hell, I didn’t even know we were in post-rock age. When did this happen?
I only know Siqur Ros and am aware of existence of Mogwai, but only thanks to the fact they made title song for TVshow called Blackbird, which i watched last year. It was actually quite pleasant song.

Never heard of the rest. Give me some boomer music!

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad