GDT: Avs vs blues 8PM MST Wednesday, February 20

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Well I'm in no ****ing mood for a ****ing tank. I hope the avs can come out with a little fire tonight. :rant:

Mant*

8pm is an odd start time for a home game.
Also, it's a shame that we'll have to listen to Keith Jones.

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
Kinda late start time for an Avs home game, right? They usually start at 4am my time, now 5am.

I'm thinking of setting my alarm at 5, but then again, I could be watching the CL game, maybe play something, watch PHI-PIT, and then this. A good oldschool all-nighter.

yes backend of a doubleheader on NBCSN hence the later start time

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.
I just can't actually cheer for a tank. Even if my brain knows how sweet it would be to get Seth Jones or Drouin or whoever, it's just so ****ing depressing to ever see the team lose

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I just can't actually cheer for a tank. Even if my brain knows how sweet it would be to get Seth Jones or Drouin or whoever, it's just so ****ing depressing to ever see the team lose

Yeah but these Avs make losing funny. It's kinda like how my favorite football game of the season was the Cowboys-Browns game because both teams were doing everything they could to lose the game, and steal the defeat from the other team down the stretch. It was absolutely hysterical. That's what watching the Avs play is like.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I really wish this tank ********* would go away. Tanking doesn't do this team any good. These players are supposed to be developing into their primes in the next few years.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois

Could not have said it better myself. I also want them to suck so we ditch Sacco.

But winning is always fun too!

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Well there might not be rivalry or anything going between st.louis and colorado, but I have to admit I enjoy seeing St.louis lose. Mostly because Stewart, but still..

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Thing is they can't really compete when the top pairing is a rookie Tyson Barrie and Jan Hejda, when we're missing our top 2 defenders and our top line from last year, when Hunwick and O'Byrne see significant playing time while the likes of SOB and Zanon fill out the defensive core and Joe Sacco sits on the bench, not enjoying having his thumb up his ass, but not knowing how to redeem the dilemma. The playoffs aren't a realistic target because, of our young core, the only ones playing right now are Duchene-McGinn, Barrie and Varly, and the extra ice time has been great for Dutchy and Barrie. And poor Varly was gunna get beaten up on no matter what this year.

I want us to go out and fight for the win, but we're still going to lose a lot with all of these players missing, so if we get a better prospect to join the young core at the end of this ****stain of a season and we raise the chances of Sacco getting fired, that's a win in my book.

Huis Clos*

I really wish this tank ********* would go away. Tanking doesn't do this team any good. These players are supposed to be developing into their primes in the next few years.

Limping along around .500 with the same management and coaching staff is the solution?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad