GDT: Avs vs blues 8PM MST Wednesday, February 20

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Yep no eastern teams around to help us win, always love games vs Chicago though.

Ya, I enjoy them too. I would love for the Hawks to stay unbeaten in regulation until we play them.

I also enjoy playing the Blues, when we have an actual team that is. Tonight will be an interesting one.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Well, at least we all know that the final score of this game will be at least 3-0 Blues, with each goal coming within the final minute of each period...

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
6-1 Blues goals from Shattenkirk (2), Stewart (2), Halak, and Hitchcock. Mcleod scores for the Avs.
We get outshot 47-12 and Varly retires after the game.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
pretty b00tal 10 game stretch and the 10 after arnt much better
Wed, Feb 20 vs St. Louis
Sat, Feb 23 @ Los Angeles
Sun, Feb 24 @ Anaheim
Tue, Feb 26 @ San Jose

Thu, Feb 2 vs Calgary
Sun, Mar 3 @ Columbus
Tue, Mar 5 @ Detroit
Wed, Mar 6 @ Chicago
Fri, Mar 8 vs Chicago
Sun, Mar 10 vs San Jose

Those are two brutal 4 game stretches.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
In the continuing saga of Matt and Varly v HunnyBunny and O'Byrne, I think the opposition give Hunny and RoB the win this round.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
In his press conference Sacco said he hasn't been happy with the way we have attacked the opponents in the past few games and said that we will go back to more grinding and getting pucks down low. He wasn't happy how our offense has played the last few games.

I thought this was weird since we've scored 10 goals in the last 2 games, and before that we were ****.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
In his press conference Sacco said he hasn't been happy with the way we have attacked the opponents in the past few games and hopes we go back to more grinding and getting pucks down low. He wasn't happy how our offense has played the last few games.

I thought this was weird since we've scored 10 goals in the last 2 games, and before that we were ****.

He knows that puts more pressure on Hunwick and O'Byrne to tank it.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
In his press conference Sacco said he hasn't been happy with the way we have attacked the opponents in the past few games and said that we will go back to more grinding and getting pucks down low. He wasn't happy how our offense has played the last few games.

Yep. Skilled scoring has no place on this team.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois

No no no. We need to go back to scoring 1 goal in 3 games. That's more our style.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
This is actually the original video I was looking for....

There will be a day when Varly loses it after one of Hunwick's stupid turnovers resulting in a goal. Maybe that day will be tonight??

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.

:help:

Huis Clos*

The man is clueless.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007

I think that he was meaning this in more of a possession context. We need to grind more in their zone instead of playing so much in our own. Hence Varly getting assaulted with shots. There is nothing wrong with creating offense off the rush and off of turnovers but you can't stay back on your heels. That is how I would interpret it.

NothingLikeAnEJ

Jimmies: Rustled
Jan 24, 2011
Blues looked awful last night after their plane problems. If we come out with good energy we should be able to jump on them. Hopefully halak is rusty and we can get the W and get back in the playoff race with landy hopefully back this weekend

Huis Clos*

I'm not supporting a tank, I'm just supporting not trying to win.

The only way we see any positive change in the progression of the franchise is to lose as many games as possible and for the Pepsi Center to be as empty as possible.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
He knows that puts more pressure on Hunwick and O'Byrne to tank it.

His point was probably more that it takes pressure off our defense if the forwards are fore checking better and possessing the puck. I mean it was pitiful in the Edmonton game and not very good against Nashville. I wouldn't get too cocky about the offense just because we ran into goalies playing like crap.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Halak starting last I heard, so I'm all in for the Avs to win!
Johnson 1G-2A
Stewart vs McCleod-twice
First Avs penalty: Zanon for holding
Avs win 4-1

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad