GDT: Avs vs blues 8PM MST Wednesday, February 20

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Trolllver reminds me of Spike Jonze, if he were a d**k.

JonzeAG09027982.jpg

298.jpg

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
@jprutherford

Hitch on whether the #stlblues should have responded Wednesday to Olver's hit on Tarasenko: "It's a long season....it's a long season."

@lkorac10

Hitch: "It just seems like a lot of younger players seem to get whacked and put in tough spots and that's what bothers me." #stlblues

@lkorac10

Hitch: "I don't really give a damn what the rule is or what some guy says on the video." #stlblues

I guess if we are out of it (po contention) it would not be the worst game to sit EJ,Lando, Duchene, Varly...

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
@jprutherford

Hitch on whether the #stlblues should have responded Wednesday to Olver's hit on Tarasenko: "It's a long season....it's a long season."

@lkorac10

Hitch: "It just seems like a lot of younger players seem to get whacked and put in tough spots and that's what bothers me." #stlblues

@lkorac10

Hitch: "I don't really give a damn what the rule is or what some guy says on the video." #stlblues

I guess if we are out of it (po contention) it would not be the worst game to sit EJ,Lando, Duchene, Varly...

Good thing is we don't play until April... bad thing we play back to back in those games.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
The Avs are more than equipped to deal with Blues. Unless its Backes, Stewart, or Reaves doing something, then almost anyone on the Avs could handle any of the other players on the Blues.

That said, it would be fun if the Avs claimed McCormick. I really doubt the Blues would do anything if they knew Reaves and Bordeleau were sitting in the box, and McCleod and McCormick were still out on the ice.

Plus, if the Blues do anything stupid then I'm sure this guy would love to pay back the favour.

tumblr_lj2704R3kz1qepmpk.jpg

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The Avs are more than equipped to deal with Blues. Unless its Backes, Stewart, or Reaves doing something, then almost anyone on the Avs could handle any of the other players on the Blues.

That said, it would be fun if the Avs claimed McCormick. I really doubt the Blues would do anything if they knew Reaves and Bordeleau were sitting in the box, and McCleod and McCormick were still out on the ice.

Plus, if the Blues do anything stupid then I'm sure this guy would love to pay back the favour.

tumblr_lj2704R3kz1qepmpk.jpg

I really miss Downie. I might be one of the only ones, but he was/is one of my favorite players on this team.

Overall the Avs have plenty of players that can scrap (if they are all still here or not hurt at this point) with Bordy, Highlander, SOB, ROB, and Wilson. Heck even McGinn, Jones, Landy, and EJ could if they absolutely had to.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Let's put almost everyone on IR and call-up every player we can from LEM.

Well I would take this easily over a concussed Duchene....

I don't get the notion that we can handle the Blues..
Sure we could. But I don't feel any satisfaction in seeing guys like Pietrangelo or Backes or Oshie getting crushed by our guys in exchange for a Landeskog/Duchene head injury..

But maybe that is just me. I like rivalries. But I don't want them be created by cheapshots or Bertuzzi-like (extreme example) behavior.

I want them created in the playoffs.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Well I would take this easily over a concussed Duchene....

I don't get the notion that we can handle the Blues..
Sure we could. But I don't feel any satisfaction in seeing guys like Pietrangelo or Backes or Oshie getting crushed by our guys in exchange for a Landeskog/Duchene head injury..

But maybe that is just me. I like rivalries. But I don't want them be created by cheapshots or Bertuzzi-like (extreme example) behavior.

I want them created in the playoffs.

I actually expect this all to simmer down by the time we play the Blues. Olver may have to fight somebody, but that will probably be it.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I actually expect this all to simmer down by the time we play the Blues. Olver may have to fight somebody, but that will probably be it.
Agreed. It is just not worth it for a good team like the Blues to waste a game trying to injure another team, and potentially getting in an eye for an eye situation. Olver will fight someone (my bet is Steen), and then the rest of the game will just be fast paced and aggressive, like a playoff game.

Bordeleau Of Blood

Archangel
Jul 28, 2005
@jprutherford

@lkorac10

@lkorac10

All of this was said through mouthfuls of donuts, I'm sure.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Funny this coming from Hitchcock, I seem to remember him patting his players back when they took runs at the devils stars. His hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
@jprutherford

@lkorac10

@lkorac10

Jeez, here we go another Marc Crawford escalation of emotions over a legal hit. How long does he get to just stand there and fiddle with the puck without getting hit? This isn't the KHL.

You notice every time someone takes a run at an Avalanche player, whether it ends up getting suspended or not, they don't say ****. Why can't other teams do that?

Mant*

Let's just get Scott Parker and Peter Worrell back.

See how Reaves likes fighting Worrell.

:scared::scared:
:scared::scared:

yea i know they're kinda old now

Even after this long, Scott Parker would still be able to whoop any ass the Blues put on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad