GDT: Avs vs blues 8PM MST Wednesday, February 20

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I saw that live and I thought he did.

Funny seeing Blues fans cry about the clean hit, reminded me of some of you guys when Landy went down.:laugh:

Stuart's hit on Landeskog was much much tougher with higher speed and on open ice. Trollver barely touched this rookie.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
If we keep playing the way we did this game, I see a possibility, sure.

The only serviceable d-men right now are Barrie and Hejda. And even they don't make effective, up-ice, tape-to-tape passes. The d corps does not hold the blue line. The d corps barely helps out on offense.

The Duchene line is powered solely by Duchene. McGinn is basically a scrappy guy who feeds off of Duchene and PAP is OK but really more of a second line winger. The Stastny line can rarely break into the opposition zone.

EJ should help on D. The return for RoR would help too, hopefully its someone like MDZ (a solid top 4 nhl defender). But the offense is looking pretty thin now and I honestly don't know if Landy has it in him to beast it like Duchene and carry his line.

PAP was pretty good last night. McGinn as well. I think this line is doing fine job.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
OT but really didn't expect that avatar to appear on HFboards :handclap:

Best band in the world, and I don't even understand Swedish.

Maybe in the first 10 minutes of the game that we all missed, Jones played good? :dunno:

As long as you show up for the beginning and end I guess.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Stewart would fight Bordeleau. I think you guys are forgetting what he used to be like. The reason Stewart is so great is he is literally a 25+ goal scoring heavy weight.

He's fought Jared Boll, Colton Orr, Deryk Engelland, Kevin Westgarth, Arron Asham, Brandon Prust, and Brandon Bollig. These are all guys Bordeleau would fight.

It would end up being Bordeleau vs. Reaves, which would be a good fight. I'd be worried if it was anyone but Bordeleau fighting Stewie.

JFG

Mar 14, 2012
Best band in the world, and I don't even understand Swedish.

Mannen I Den Vita Hatten (16 Ã…r Senare) is one of my all time favorite songs.

OnT: With whom will Landeskog play when he returns?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Stewart would fight Bordeleau. I think you guys are forgetting what he used to be like. The reason Stewart is so great is he is literally a 25+ goal scoring heavy weight.

He's fought Jared Boll, Colton Orr, Deryk Engelland, Kevin Westgarth, Arron Asham, Brandon Prust, and Brandon Bollig. These are all guys Bordeleau would fight.

It would end up being Bordeleau vs. Reaves, which would be a good fight. I'd be worried if it was anyone but Bordeleau fighting Stewie.

Agreed. McLeod might be able to hold his own against Stewart, if Stewart was having a bad day.

Clean or not Olver is going to have to watch his back in April because somebody is going to run him. If I was Sacco I would have Bordy play right next to Olver the whole game.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Ken Hitchcock -
(This one goes out to Rock & Bubba)
ken-hitchcock-looks-just-like-paul-bearer-so-now-hell-be-called-hitch-bearer.jpg

Love it. Good old Paul Bearer.

Undertaker is my all-time favorite wrestler. :yo:

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Olver has reminded me of Steve Moore in the past...somewhat talented, an instigator, plays on the edge, etc. And that was before the hit last night. I sure hope we have a different end result this time...

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I'm pretty sure McCleod has spoken before about avoiding/preferring not to fight former teammates. Not sure coach would like the ice time trade of a Bords vs Stew fight at all and would probably bring that up to Stewart before the game. I'd guess if anything, Olver will have to fight like Steve Moore did Matt Cooke. I'd dress SOB that game too if he's still around.

Last edited:

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I'm pretty sure McCleod has spoken before about avoiding/preferring not to fight former teammates. Not sure coach Q would like the ice time trade of a Bords vs Stew fight at all and would probably bring that up to Stewart before the game. I'd guess if anything, Olver will have to fight like Steve Moore did Matt Cooke. I'd dress SOB that game too if he's still around.

Coach Q? :D

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Bordeleau would have crushed Stewart in a fight I think.

But I still like Stewart so I am glad they didn't fight.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm pretty sure McCleod has spoken before about avoiding/preferring not to fight former teammates. Not sure coach Q would like the ice time trade of a Bords vs Stew fight at all and would probably bring that up to Stewart before the game. I'd guess if anything, Olver will have to fight like Steve Moore did Matt Cooke. I'd dress SOB that game too if he's still around.

Yep. I would make sure that Bordy, McLeod, SOB, Wilson, and ROB are all in the lineup if still around. ROB may not be a great fighter by any stretch, but he has shown that he will stick up for teammates and isn't afraid of a fight.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I'm pretty sure McCleod has spoken before about avoiding/preferring not to fight former teammates. Not sure coach would like the ice time trade of a Bords vs Stew fight at all and would probably bring that up to Stewart before the game. I'd guess if anything, Olver will have to fight like Steve Moore did Matt Cooke. I'd dress SOB that game too if he's still around.

Didn't stop him from fighting Hedricks last season.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Olver has reminded me of Steve Moore in the past...somewhat talented, an instigator, plays on the edge, etc. And that was before the hit last night. I sure hope we have a different end result this time...

A little bit. I think Moore was a little bigger and stronger, and also smarter and better defensively though. He had an underrated wrister too.

Olver's great on the 4th line though.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Stewart's a tough one to pick a weight class for because basically he's a heavyweight due to how strong he is at 230 lbs, but he doens't look it. He would crush anyone on this team except Bordy, and Bordy's almost too big for him at 6'6" but if Stew wants to go around talkin ****, that's who he's gonna have to answer to.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
People are blowing this whole Stewart situation out of proportion. Stewart is a tough sob of course he isn't going to take crap and he'll run his mouth(most NHLers do this regardless of size). The man fought Taylor Pyatt who's 6"4. I doubt he'd fight bordeaul(sp) because he's a 4th liner and it would be pretty dumb on his side.

Bordeleau Of Blood

Archangel
Jul 28, 2005
People are blowing this whole Stewart situation out of proportion. Stewart is a tough sob of course he isn't going to take crap and he'll run his mouth(most NHLers do this regardless of size). The man fought Taylor Pyatt who's 6"4. I doubt he'd fight bordeaul(sp) because he's a 4th liner and it would be pretty dumb on his side.

Stewart was dumb enough to break his hand in a fight in a game in which the Avs were up by three goals. I wouldn't put it past him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad