GDT: Avs vs blues 8PM MST Wednesday, February 20

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I think Stewart could be trolled into fighting Bordeleau. He has anger management issues. Get under his skin enough, and he'll throw fists with Bordy.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Trollver will probably skate right into Stewart in the next game, and dare him to Bertuzzi him.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Lol, St. Louis (and their fans) are pretty pissed and 'apparently' will be seeking revenge next game. Olver will probably be centering Bordy and McLeod that game if Sacco is smart-never mind.

Edit: Turns out this might be a good rivalry afterall.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
One thing that I thought was quite apparent last night was how terrible our forcheck is when we dump it in. McGinn, Olver, McLeod, Bordy, and Duchene are pretty much the only guys that try and lay a hit when the puck is dumped in. Jones is a big body, but he needs to use it more.

WE NEED LANDY BACK!!!!!

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Lol, St. Louis (and their fans) are pretty pissed and 'apparently' will be seeking revenge next game. Olver will probably be centering Bordy and McLeod that game if Sacco is smart-never mind.

Edit: Turns out this might be a good rivalry afterall.

That line should be called "Two and a Half Men."

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Agreed.

I just don't see how it could have been deemed illegal.

True, but I'll say this: I absolutely HATE the entire notion of "finishing" your check. I don't ever remember hitting anyone after they passed/shot/lost the puck, and I just don't get why it's okay to do in the pros. Feel free to blast me, but if the NHL wants to cut down on these kinds of injuries, they need to attack the culture and the silly "code" in hockey.

It was a legal hit, but completely unnecessary, and borderline late.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
One thing that I thought was quite apparent last night was how terrible our forcheck is when we dump it in. McGinn, Olver, McLeod, Bordy, and Duchene are pretty much the only guys that try and lay a hit when the puck is dumped in. Jones is a big body, but he needs to use it more.

WE NEED LANDY BACK!!!!!

Downie too. He's very good on the forecheck and good around the boards as well.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I can see Olver standing between Bordy and Cody just grining and saying ''Come at me bro'' to any Blues player trying to challenge him.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Blues fans reaction was to be expected. I remember alot of you guys freakin out on a legal hit not to long ago. Keep your head up and be aware whose on the ice. Problem solved.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I actually hope it happens because that means line brawl, something we haven't seen around here in quite a while.

Also, I hope the defense is SOB and ROB. I could seriously see that happening as well.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I still think they are over reacting. It sucks to see a player get hurt, especially an exciting young player ( and us Avs fans have suffered through plenty of this the last few season). I just think these fans ( and media, Andy Strickland basically calling for revenge http://www.truehockey.com/articles/Questionable-Hit-Injures-Blues-Tarasenko) need to take a step back for a second.

It is just emotions after seeing your young star go down. Most of this will be totally forgotten about by the time April rolls around. If not, the Avs have plenty of guys to have Olver's back (SOB, ROB, Wilson, Bordy, McLeod).

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I can see Olver standing between Bordy and Cody just grining and saying ''Come at me bro'' to any Blues player trying to challenge him.

I think that could be the worst way for him to handle it. If he's challenged, he needs to drop the gloves -- as long as it's a reasonable challenge (i.e. not a Stewart mismatch).

After that, if the game is chippy, then he can have his buddies back him up.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I think that could be the worst way for him to handle it. If he's challenged, he needs to drop the gloves -- as long as it's a reasonable challenge (i.e. not a Stewart mismatch).

I don't see who's going to challenge him on that team other than Stewart, Backes or Reaves and they're all out of his league, well there's maybe Sobotka, but I doubt the Blues would be happy with that, if they're trully trying to get back at him they'll send someone tougher at him.

Zih

Dater's Gonna Hate
Dec 19, 2008
Colorado

Agree. Olver has to answer the bell, so long as it's a reasonably fair matchup. I'd expect to see someone like Sobotka challenge him. Sobotka has dropped his gloves before, like with Duchene, and has a strength advantage on Olver but nothing drastic.

I'll also have the popcorn ready for April 21st because I expect Reaves vs Bordeleau to happen, which should be an awesome fight. I'm actually somewhat interested in whether the Blues get chippy on April 21st, or wuss out and wait until the next game where they will be at home (aka "pulling a Detroit").

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
I would have to watch the hit again, but it seemed like there was not much time between once the pass left his stick and the time of contact.

I agree, watching it in slow motion is not equal to how plays happen at game speed.

I honestly dont think anything will happen in April, Id like to see some action, I just think it will be forgotten and teams will be focusing on getting points for the playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->