GDT: Avs @ Stars | Emergency GDT | 1:30 MT | Disappointment Edition

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Robertson is like the perfected version of Pavelski. For a league that has transitioned towards skating and quick transitions, he’s been able to dominate with a near perfect ability to find the open ice and position himself consistently in scoring areas.
Robertson is smart. Gets to his spot fast enough and hes immensely skilled. Brett Hull stayed in the league for as long as he did because of his smarts and a wicked ass shot....also playing with Datsyuk and Zetterberg helped. That line was full of big brain hockey players who werent exactly the fastest.

Reactions: drhiii

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Bad game but I tend to discount afternoon games, they can be unpredictable.

Need to show up tomorrow with a bit of rage and lots of focus.
Ill settle for a 2-1 type game with the Avs winning tomorrow. Honestly they need to tighten up like its their first day inside county.

Have to wonder if the players took the lack of deals as a lack of confidence by management in their ability to repeat this year. Or, it's an afternoon game, and they decided to take the day off.
Should be opposite no? They should take it as a sign management believes in that room. Maybe deep down the players dont believe they are good enough but to scared to tell CMac lol.

• Haha

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Ill settle for a 2-1 type game with the Avs winning tomorrow. Honestly they need to tighten up like its their first day inside county.

Should be opposite no? They should take it as a sign management believes in that room. Maybe deep down the players dont believe they are good enough but to scared to tell CMac lol.
That could be true as well. Depends on their perspective, but they did not look amped to get those 2 points.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
That's game....
Can’t wait till we get Landy back. Landy, Manson and Nuke and this was a different game
Caution....I love the Captain. In fact, everyone who is an Avalanche fan loves the Captain.

But I am going to be skeptical about his ability to recover his previous form given the severity of his injury, the time off and his age.

I'm not expecting any miracles. And neither should anyone else.

Better players than Landeskog have retired after trying to return from serious debilitating injuries. The NHL performance yardstick is a demanding threshold.

Reactions: drhiii and avsfan9

amigo

Mar 20, 2021
Here's my favorite memory of fake tough guy Benn.

The Avs better wake the f*** up tomorrow, because all the help they're getting is still probably a ways off.

Oh I'm sure he will get some special treatment from Dermy and Mason next time.

Reactions: sethro109

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Have to wonder if the players took the lack of deals as a lack of confidence by management in their ability to repeat this year. Or, it's an afternoon game, and they decided to take the day off.
No because they sucked defensively against NJ also and that gave was before the deadline. They just have to regroup and start playing good hockey again like they were before the NJ game

Reactions: AvsWraith

arun

Click here to hide this advertisement
Jun 23, 2016
Holland
So… we’ve been injured throughout the season. Guys coming back from injury have setbacks, get injured again, and/or are obviously rusty.

Clearly our gameplan and style of play doesnt apply then, right? So either you address it - considering your window - and in the mean time, you’d kind of try to adapt your gameplan to the continuing situation.

Im just staggered by the lack of both. I am not opposed to Bednar, who i will admit is the best coach for the Avs with his tenure, yet we seem so passive. Even when our (best) players get targeted, there is very very little response.

We had all season long to address the weaknesses, and when the deadline approached, not using LTIR is ethically very fair but I cant understand why you wouldnt use it.

Overexploitation of eg Makar, zero variation on 5v5 and PP, ugh.

We’re banking on Lady, Nuke, Manson and whoever to return in stride right away is a big risk imo. I’m not sure they will be up to speed that fast after getting into the lineup and the fact that this is what we’re really banking on, just drives me nuts tbh.

Im probably dumb for viewing it all this way or whatever and rambling on, but really, I just dont understand the choices made, or rather, not made.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC

I agree, if the players quit because they don't get presents for Xmas TDL then they are mental midgets and would not have won anyway.

Avs are better than that. Let's not listen to insecure fans projecting.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
So… we’ve been injured throughout the season. Guys coming back from injury have setbacks, get injured again, and/or are obviously rusty.

Clearly our gameplan and style of play doesnt apply then, right? So either you address it - considering your window - and in the mean time, you’d kind of try to adapt your gameplan to the continuing situation.

Im just staggered by the lack of both. I am not opposed to Bednar, who i will admit is the best coach for the Avs with his tenure, yet we seem so passive. Even when our (best) players get targeted, there is very very little response.

We had all season long to address the weaknesses, and when the deadline approached, not using LTIR is ethically very fair but I cant understand why you wouldnt use it.

We’re banking on Lady, Nuke, Manson and whoever to return in stride right away is a big risk imo. I’m not sure they will be up to speed that fast after getting into the lineup and the fact that this is what we’re really banking on, just drives me nuts tbh.

Im probably dumb for viewing it all this way or whatever and rambling on, but really, I just dont understand the choices made, or rather, not made.
Smart. Practical. Realistic.

Reactions: arun

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

This is how I feel but I cant articulate it like this without swear words and mental thoughts of CMac being the town pervert.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
The only thing dumber than that rule is the current offside rule.
Nah... delay of game for missing the glass in your own zone....

Yeah, the crease rule was stupid and glad its gone. But it WAS called ALL SEASON.

And then they made up a core sh!t excuse to cover their collective asses.

I will never ever support Bettman on anything......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad