GDT: Avs @ Stars | Emergency GDT | 1:30 MT | Disappointment Edition

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Avs @ Stars

gi4gKNf.png

I'm excited to see Domi drop a hatty on us.

GDT Music

In lieu of a poll, post the funniest crazies you've ran into on 16th St.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Usually I get a decent homeless person story on 16th, but the last time I was in Denver I ran into a group of Black Isrealites who were screaming about something and a bunch of guys in Guy Fawkes masks that had TVs attached to them to show the horrors of chickens laying eggs.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I was watching a match of chess and these homeless blokes next to them got into an argument because one of them wanted to buy a joint for 15 cents. The other one was absolutely appalled at the price and started cussing him out. But the former bloke was adamant to get it for 15 cents and kept pressing him lol, so the weed carrier decided to yell and just storm off.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
I was watching a match of chess and these homeless blokes next to them got into an argument because one of them wanted to buy a joint for 15 cents. The other one was absolutely appalled at the price and started cussing him out.
I'll share my 2 favorite downtown Denver homeless person stories:

Few years back I was on the bus and this homeless guy puts his phone right in my face with a picture of some probably 11 year old girl and he berated me for like 2 minutes because I wouldn't say how incredibly beautiful she was.

I was staying at an AirBnB downtown and saw a homeless guy living next to a dumpster in the alley. He was using a box spring as a shelter. I felt bad for him and so I went down there to give him some money and when I got to the box spring the only thing I found was a giant turd that he had left. Still put the money there in case he came back to the scene of the crime :laugh:

Until recently my experience had been that homeless in San Francisco and SLC were way more aggressive, but man I was yelled at so many times randomly when I was walking around my last trip it was wild

The Puckhound

Jan 24, 2019
Favorite/craziest homeless person encounter on 16th street..There was an especially crazy dude who me and my co-workers would see chasing pigeons sometimes (we dubbed him pigeon-hunter) Anyway one day we are going to lunch and we see this dude digging in the trashcan. Proceeds to take out a half drank Starbucks cup and chugs it. Next he pulls out one of those gatorades with the kind of top that you can spray. Surely he will drink this too right? Absolutely not.

The dude ran over to a random guy dressed in a suit waiting for the mall ride and proceeds to spray him directly in the face and doused him with the remaining contents of the blue gato bottle. The business man guy looked like he was absolutely ready to throw down but upon seeing how batshit crazy this guy was simply turned tail and ran. I've got tons of these but ol' pigeon-hunter will always stick out to me lol

Last edited:
Reactions: The Moops

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
If we play to the expectations this board currently has for the team, it'll make the Valentine's Day Massacre look like the Soviet Union against a pee wee team. If we play to the expectations management currently has for the team, the Stars will move back to Minnesota out of shame. Can't wait.

Snow Arc

New doctor; Please be patient
Aug 14, 2020
It's a Saturday afternoon manitee!
manateekar.jpg

Also, I once saw Dante Bichette on 16th street.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Avs lay an egg today. Players look demoralized after the inaction to make the team better.

5-1 Avs

Reactions: The Moops

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I didn't know Seguin was no longer a center

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Only thing I'm disappointed with is the AVS fans a bit down at the moment after 14 wins in our last 18 starts, because we only added Matt Nieto, Jack Johnson, Lars Eller leading up to the trade deadline (while waiting for Manson, Landeskog, Helm, Francouz to return).

But to be honest, I think we are THAT good, it's natural our expectations are going to be sky high, so play on. The bigger and more disappointed people are, tells me how amazing they think we are at out best :)

landpoke

May 21, 2020
Back when I lived in Denver and worked downtown there was an older gal, nicely dressed, who would stop and whisper at you as you walked past her on the mall. When you stopped to see what she was saying she'd hit you up for money. I never gave her any, but I respected her technique.

Avs by a billion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad