Confirmed with Link: Avs Recall Stefan Elliott

member 116861

Barrie and Elliott on the roster together?

Colin_8286ae_677823.gif

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Is it possible he is being showcased for a trade with ROR?
Because he has been recalled so quickly after his injuries, I wouldn't be surprised if that would be the case. Another might have asked to see what he can do at the NHL level now. Really nothing to lose for the Avs. He does really well and they might decide to keep him or it increases the return for an RoR + Elliott trade. They just have to be careful they don't give away another "Shattenkirk" here.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Because he has been recalled so quickly after his injuries, I wouldn't be surprised if that would be the case. Another might have asked to see what he can do at the NHL level now. Really nothing to lose for the Avs. He does really well and they might decide to keep him or it increases the return for an RoR + Elliott trade. They just have to be careful they don't give away another "Shattenkirk" here.

If that happens it's proof positive this management team has no idea what it's doing and "building from within" is a sham.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

The return would HAVE to be pretty phenomenal because right now, they certainly wouldn't be 'selling high' on Elliott. He showed some pretty good flashes last year as a first year pro and I'd be pretty surprised if he were included in a package but you never know.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
If that happens it's proof positive this management team has no idea what it's doing and "building from within" is a sham.

It all depends on what the return is. If the Avs manage to get Del Zotto + either Kreider or Miller as they seem to be demanding from the rangers, O'Reilly + Elliott MAY be worth the risk. That said, I think the Rangers would almost certainly want the more NHL ready and bottom pairing guy in either O'Bryne or O'Brien as they are in it for the now, not 2-3 years from now. Elliott, for all the potential, is still leaning more towards the bust end of the scale right now.

Rangers Get:
O'Reilly
O'Brien

Avs Get:
Del Zotto
Kreider or JT Miller

works for me. Would rather have Miller, but would take Kreider.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It all depends on what the return is. If the Avs manage to get Del Zotto + either Kreider or Miller as they seem to be demanding from the rangers, O'Reilly + Elliott MAY be worth the risk. That said, I think the Rangers would almost certainly want the more NHL ready and bottom pairing guy in either O'Bryne or O'Brien as they are in it for the now, not 2-3 years from now. Elliott, for all the potential, is still leaning more towards the bust end of the scale right now.

Rangers Get:
O'Reilly
O'Brien

Avs Get:
Del Zotto
Kreider or JT Miller

That would be overpayment. Our top player from last year and top defensive prospect outside of Siemens? Whoa...the Avs better be aiming for a guaranteed top-pairing guy if they're including Elliott in any O'Reilly deal.

If O'Brien were the throw-in, meh, whatever. He wouldn't do much other than help contracts balance out anyway.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
What if they are in the works of a trade, and are bringing him up because Hunwick or ROB or SOB is part of a package deal that could go through any day now.

Who am I kidding they will probably trade Barrie and Elliott for another depth Dman :laugh:

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

Rangers Get:
O'Reilly
O'Brien

Avs Get:
Del Zotto
Kreider or JT Miller

Screams Drury trade to me. I probably even take Gardiner over Del Zotto. And I don't want Gards.

I know that we will probably lose any ROR trade but this unproven offensive dman return scares the bejesus out of me.

OFD are the hardest to evaluate at a young age.
And Del Zotto plays #4 and we ask him to be our #2.

I really did not know much about either Kreider or Miller. The only thing that I know is that I don't want Stepan from NYR.
But hearing about Kreider makes me believe that I really don't want him.

I dislike it. I want Kulikov + Shore :(

If we invest in huge unknowns, I want them to have the potential to be great (#1 dman). Del Zotto won't ever be that.
And it is Glen friggin Sather....

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
If its ROR and Barrie or Elliot in a package to NYR, it had better be 1 of only 2 Dmen that are on my list of what better be coming back. Otherwise, the Avs need to look elsewhere. EJ, Elliot, Barrie, and Siemans are the future of this team defensively in two years. Hejda and Wilson are both signed until then. If MDZ was the guy that would take us to the cup then fine, but this team is not there yet.

Heebs21*

Hope SOB sits for him.... Everyone rips on Obyrne but I think we still need him to help kill penalties with Hejda, and I hate SOB

We need O'bryne to sit infront of the net and do nothing?

I think a pylon would do a better job that ROB.

Heebs21*

That would be overpayment. Our top player from last year and top defensive prospect outside of Siemens? Whoa...the Avs better be aiming for a guaranteed top-pairing guy if they're including Elliott in any O'Reilly deal.

If O'Brien were the throw-in, meh, whatever. He wouldn't do much other than help contracts balance out anyway.

Over-payment and Sherman go hand in hand.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Hoping this is the beginning of the bottom Dmen purge. Trade deadline fire sale of O'Byrne, Hunwick, and Zanon. Any prospect/pick valued at 4th rnd or higher would make me happy. End the season with

EJ-Wilson
Hejda-Barrie
O'Brien-Elliot
Gaunce/Pock

People have been screaming this for over a year now but it never happens. I think they will move O'Byrne and MAYBE Zannon (If they are not blind). But we won't see all of them shipped out...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
There's some trades out there that I could get on board with if we have to move Ryan. Like something based around Kulikov, Sbisa, Yandle or Sekera, with varying pluses attached to make it work. I just want an NHL ready lefty we can pair up with EJ, if it's a youngin who'll grow with Erik that's great or if it's a guy entering his prime already that's fine to. If we're including one of the Barrie/Elliott that plus will have to be huge though, like Ennis, Matthias or Etem/Palmieri.

All in all if we bring in a guy who can play with EJ once he's healthy again I'll be able to live with the trade.

McPing-Duchene-PAP
Landeskog-Stastny-Ennis/Palmieri/Etem/Downie
Jones-Sgar/Matthias-Downie/Sgar
Highlander/Bordy-Mitchell/Malone-Olver

Kuli/Sekera/Yandle/Sbisa-EJ
Hejda-Barrie/Elliott
Wilson-O'Brien/Siemens/Gaunce/Jones?

Is a team we can go to war with next year if we get a real coach.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Screams Drury trade to me. I probably even take Gardiner over Del Zotto. And I don't want Gards.

I know that we will probably lose any ROR trade but this unproven offensive dman return scares the bejesus out of me.

OFD are the hardest to evaluate at a young age.
And Del Zotto plays #4 and we ask him to be our #2.

I really did not know much about either Kreider or Miller. The only thing that I know is that I don't want Stepan from NYR.
But hearing about Kreider makes me believe that I really don't want him.

I dislike it. I want Kulikov + Shore :(

If we invest in huge unknowns, I want them to have the potential to be great (#1 dman). Del Zotto won't ever be that.
And it is Glen friggin Sather....

It could be another Drury trade in the making, but to be fair, O'Reilly is no where near Drury at the time when Drury was traded from the Avs. (though his upside is higher of course)

Miller, from what I have seen and read, is a guy that is a sure fire third line player with potential to turn into a top 6 guy. He can play all 3 forward positions. He beat out Kreider for a roster spot thus far this year with the Rangers. I think he is Galiardi with more potential.

Kreider probably has a higher ceiling, I think he could be a top tier NHL forward, but if he cannot find a home on the top 2 lines, his worth as a 3rd or 4th line player is up for debate right now. He had a magical run in the playoffs last year, but has failed to impress this year.

As far as Del Zotto goes, fans seem to think he is still a mixed bag and a one tool player....but several respected broadcasters are in love with him and think he is one of the next great things.

IMO the Avs can afford to take a risk on an offensive first D man at this point. They have ton of defense first defensemen on the roster right now. How often have Avs fans griped that if Liles was on the team the D would be better. Del Zotto is at least Liles in talent, and has a much higher two-way game potential.

Would I rather get Staal from the Rangers even up for O'Reilly, yeah....but at some point the Avs are going to have to just trade O'Reilly...and you will either get a deal that gets the Avs a slightly more proven player without much upside or a deal for a guy or two that are decent, but the reward is in their upside. Frankly at this point, the Avs need to take the risk on the higher upside guys.

IF the Avs do tank out and win the lotto, just think, you almost certainly start the season with Del Zotto, Johnson, and the newly drafted Jones (yes, I think he is NHL ready right now). You pick one of Elliott or Barrie and keep one of O'Byrne, Hejda, or Zannon. (hopefully trading O'Brien) Sign a mid-tier UFA D man. Just that easy you rebuild the D.

Last edited:

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008

Rangers Get:
O'Reilly
O'Brien

Avs Get:
Del Zotto
Kreider or JT Miller

O'Reilly
Elliott
O'Byrne

for

Del Zotto
Kreider/Miller
Rangers 1st

Avs give up a right handed offensive defenseman for a left handed offensive defenseman that is further along in their development. The Avs also get an immediate boost to their winger depth for the future with Kreider or Miller. The 1st allows Colorado to improve their prospect pool.

The Rangers give up a bit of the future and some defensive skill for a great two way center. Elliott can replace Del Zotto's place on the blueline in a season or two, and O'Byrne give the Rangers some size and depth on the blueline.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
O'Reilly
Elliott
O'Byrne

for

Del Zotto
Kreider/Miller
Rangers 1st

Avs give up a right handed offensive defenseman for a left handed offensive defenseman that is further along in their development. The Avs also get an immediate boost to their winger depth for the future with Kreider or Miller. The 1st allows Colorado to improve their prospect pool.

The Rangers give up a bit of the future and some defensive skill for a great two way center. Elliott can replace Del Zotto's place on the blueline in a season or two, and O'Byrne give the Rangers some size and depth on the blueline.

Just saying that the Rangers first is in Columbus right now. So take out Elliot.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
It's funny -- in a sad, pathetic kind of way -- that I can read some posts and know exactly who authored them without looking up at a name/avatar.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Is anyone else with me in thinking that Barrie should not be a part of a trade but Elliott could?

They way Barrie has played the last 3 games, hes been our best D man, of course thats with EJ out but still.

Personally I would love to get something without trading either and see what they both can become. We are starting to see Barrie's confidence and skill come out, I would love to see Elliott get to that point too.

Package in some of our depth D instead of them. Unless of course the return is AMAZING by adding one of them in.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Is anyone else with me in thinking that Barrie should not be a part of a trade but Elliott could?

They way Barrie has played the last 3 games, hes been our best D man, of course thats with EJ out but still.

Personally I would love to get something without trading either and see what they both can become. We are starting to see Barrie's confidence and skill come out, I would love to see Elliott get to that point too.

Package in some of our depth D instead of them. Unless of course the return is AMAZING by adding one of them in.

I think everybody would love to keep both. But they have decent trade value and if we want to get something good. They are good trade pieces to throw in. It's the good old "if we want something good, we have to give up something good". It's not like we can trade crap for good players everytime. :)

It would be interesting to pair up Barrie with EJ right now. EJ focusing on D and make Barrie the puck mover.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I think everybody would love to keep both. But they have decent trade value and if we want to get something good. They are good trade pieces to throw in. It's the good old "if we want something good, we have to give up something good". It's not like we can trade crap for good players everytime. :)

It would be interesting to pair up Barrie with EJ right now. EJ focusing on D and make Barrie the puck mover.

We wouldn't be trading "crap" if we left Elliott and Barrie out of an offer. We're already putting O'Reilly in there. We most certainly should be able to get good player(s) for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad