Confirmed with Link: Avs Recall Stefan Elliott

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Saw that, interesting move. Hopefully someone other then Barrie is scratched. Anyone else think that this might be a gambit by Sacco to keep his job? This could be him feeling pressure and needing to do something. Especially since Elliot was just injured and only played 1 game since becoming healthy.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hopefully he plays tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing both Barrie and Elliott in the line up.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Saw that, interesting move. Hopefully someone other then Barrie is scratched. Anyone else think that this might be a gambit by Sacco to keep his job? This could be him feeling pressure and needing to do something. Especially since Elliot was just injured and only played 1 game since becoming healthy.

Not sure on that.

It could be that Sacco and the Avs had plans to recall Elliott and then he got injured, so they had to wait for him to get healthy? :dunno:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I get the sense the Avs were more mad about not scoring on the PP that would've gotten them the lead at 5-4, than losing a 3 goal lead, LOL.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
After playing just one game after returning from injury? Sacco must be really pissed. Hopefully he will play and not sit in the press box.

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
They should call up gaunce as well then trade away Orr'Brian and O'Byrne. Let the young guys get some experience since they probably are better than those 2 bums.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I think both Elliott and Barrie plays. Perhaps not tomorrow but Wednesday. I bet they want to see how it looks with two strong transition players there.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I hate the timing of this move. Give Elliott some time to find his game in the AHL again. He just started to play again and he wasn't good before his injury this year. I like Elliott a lot and I think this isn't good for his development. As a Gaunce fan I'm also frustrated because Sacco seems to have forgotten he exists.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
As a Gaunce fan I'm also frustrated because Sacco seems to have forgotten he exists.

Yeah this is getting ridiculous at least Gaunce can play steady defence. I'd feel it's a slap in the face if Elliott got called up after just getting back from injury before I did if I were him.

But that's not my main concern. I don't know why we haven't yet waived one of our sucky dmen. At the moment, they all know that they can have a bad game, get scratched a few times, and then just get drawn back in. It was a mistake signing that many bottom pairing ones and worst to keep them all. Sherman's badly dropped the ball on the D.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Yeah this is getting ridiculous at least Gaunce can play steady defence. I'd feel it's a slap in the face if Elliott got called up after just getting back from injury before I did if I were him.

But that's not my main concern. I don't know why we haven't yet waived one of our sucky dmen. At the moment, they all know that they can have a bad game, get scratched a few times, and then just get drawn back in. It was a mistake signing that many bottom pairing ones and worst to keep them all. Sherman's badly dropped the ball on the D.

I seem to remember someone, quite possibly even TPS himself, saying that Sacco doesn't think "too much" of Gaunce...which is strange because in his limited games he played I didn't think he did too badly last time around.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I hate the timing of this move. Give Elliott some time to find his game in the AHL again. He just started to play again and he wasn't good before his injury this year. I like Elliott a lot and I think this isn't good for his development. As a Gaunce fan I'm also frustrated because Sacco seems to have forgotten he exists.

Actually he was starting to look good before his injury, think he had something like 8 points in the 14 games before his injury and was a + player in that span.

I dunno, I think this could be a good move.

Hopefully its a sign that if Elliott does well one of our boneheads on Defense will be shipped out.

GenoSnipeBarDown

Mar 20, 2012
Hope SOB sits for him.... Everyone rips on Obyrne but I think we still need him to help kill penalties with Hejda, and I hate SOB

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Gaunce looked quite bad in many of the LEM games I saw during the lockout. I don't think he's NHL ready. He might never be.

He's pretty slow and seems to run around a lot in the defensive zone. Pretty much the last thing Avs need right now.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
He wasn't noticeable the last time which was in 10-11. Which is a good thing because ROB/SOB/Hunwick/Zanon are constantly noticeable for the wrong reasons usually. I haven't seen a LEM game in over a month though but I've seen Gaunce play plenty since junior and I know he wasn't this bad even 3 years ago.

NothingLikeAnEJ

Jimmies: Rustled
Jan 24, 2011
Why do I get this sinking feeling that Sacco is going to stick with his "veteran" bums and sit Barrie tomorrow for Elliot?

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Hoping this is the beginning of the bottom Dmen purge. Trade deadline fire sale of O'Byrne, Hunwick, and Zanon. Any prospect/pick valued at 4th rnd or higher would make me happy. End the season with

EJ-Wilson
Hejda-Barrie
O'Brien-Elliot
Gaunce/Pock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad