Confirmed with Link: Avs Recall Stefan Elliott

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Hoping this is the beginning of the bottom Dmen purge. Trade deadline fire sale of O'Byrne, Hunwick, and Zanon. Any prospect/pick valued at 4th rnd or higher would make me happy. End the season with

EJ-Wilson
Hejda-Barrie
O'Brien-Elliot
Gaunce/Pock

My thoughts as well time to let the young guys gain experience.

Edit: I'd actually keep O'bryne out of all our bottom pairings. He's shown that he can be a decent shut down guy and I'd like one of Barrie or Elliott to pair with him. His best year was when he had Liles as a partner. It's a shame we broke that up.

Last edited:

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Gaunce looked quite bad in many of the LEM games I saw during the lockout. I don't think he's NHL ready. He might never be.

He's pretty slow and seems to run around a lot in the defensive zone. Pretty much the last thing Avs need right now.
He had a bad start but improved steadily imo. He looked good in the last few games I watched. I haven't seen any LEM games since the NHL season has begun and it's impossible to evaluate a player by listening to the radio but I have the impression he has continued to improve since the last game I watched. I think Avs should give him another shot. It's at least better than calling up Elliott at this point imo.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

Edit: I'd actually keep O'bryne put of all our bottom pairings. He's shown that he can be a decent shut down guy and I'd like one of Barrie or Elliott to pair with him. His best year was when he had Liles as a partner. It's a shame we broke that up.

O'Byrne UFA's this year so I'd rather get something for him (and limit the risk Sherm resigns him). O'Brien in limited minutes seemed to be a decent leader with the young guys last year

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Hoping this is the beginning of the bottom Dmen purge. Trade deadline fire sale of O'Byrne, Hunwick, and Zanon. Any prospect/pick valued at 4th rnd or higher would make me happy. End the season with

EJ-Wilson
Hejda-Barrie
O'Brien-Elliot
Gaunce/Pock

I agree although I think they'll keep Zanon as well. I don't think he's been as bad as people say (like SoB) Hunwick gives the puck away NIGHTLY and putting Zanon with him really doesn't help.

Any team scouting O'Byrne right now won't give us much for him, he's going to have to turn his game around before anyone offers up a pick.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Edit: I'd actually keep O'bryne out of all our bottom pairings. He's shown that he can be a decent shut down guy and I'd like one of Barrie or Elliott to pair with him. His best year was when he had Liles as a partner. It's a shame we broke that up.

Agreed. Fans are understandably upset with his play, but to discount the impact he had up until this season is just ridiculous. Despite the fact he's UFA after this season he's far less of a risk than Wilson, who's getting more banged-up by the year.

More than likely he'll be dealt before the end of the year, but honestly I think he's been a great addition. It's on management for failing to realize what the guy can and can't do.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I agree although I think they'll keep Zanon as well. I don't think he's been as bad as people say (like SoB) Hunwick gives the puck away NIGHTLY and putting Zanon with him really doesn't help.

Any team scouting O'Byrne right now won't give us much for him, he's going to have to turn his game around before anyone offers up a pick.

I agree they all won't go, Zanon just seems to me consistent enough that a team looking for depth in a run may come inquire about.
ROB just needs to go even just for a perennial AHL guy.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Looking forward to seeing him play, it's been a while for me.

At this point in the season I am 100% on board with the Avs playing guys like Elliott and Barrie. Let them battle and grind at the NHL level and learn how to play at this level. They're both smart kids and will figure it out.

Plus having them QBing our PP can't be a bad thing.

Zih

Dater's Gonna Hate
Dec 19, 2008
Colorado
Please let this mean that Zanon, Hunwick, and/or O'Byrne are going to be traded and/or scratched. At this point they are just empty jerseys out there taking up ice time from our prospects.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
he needs to be up and playing a lot. our defense is a damn joke and EJ is the only guy who is really good and he's hurt. Elliot and Barrie may have issues on the defensive end at times but i'd rather young guys make mistakes and screw up than vets.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Barrie was probs our best D yesterday apart from the giveaway on the Hemsky goal. No way is Sacco that dumb

images

Challenge Accepted.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
They want another look at what they have following Tyson Barrie's last two games and amidst rumors they tried to acquire Michael Del Zotto.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
As far as #7 guys go, Hunwick's pretty good. Came in after sitting most of the season and played reasonably well in a depth role. It's only when Sacco thinks he can handle anything above that spot where his complete lack of a mental game exposes him. He's almost like a blueliner version of Kevin Porter--provides plenty of energy, grit, and effort in a limited capacity.

That said, we can't trust our coach to use him properly. He needs to go first. Then I'd look into re-signing O'Byrne and getting rid of either Wilson or Zanon.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
... Joe Sacco intoduces Stefan Elliott to the team, with a surprise for the young defenseman

Joe+Sacco+2INJ4Y_D0EPm.jpg

"And up there, next to that blonde child who smiles a lot and always eats nachos is where you sit. You get a great view! You can even make out Greg's beard, it's that good."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad