Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
So let me get this straight. Avs are in desperate need of a top d-man and they are talking to the Oilers who perhaps need a d-man more than the Avs? That makes zero sense. What d-man can they get from Edmonton?

Calgary won't trade with Edmonton.
Colorado trades Barrie to Edmonton, then swings that player(s) to Calgary for Brodie.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I must be missing something. Where is this Brodie thing coming from? Calgary would be nuts to trade him.

Of course Avs would be nuts to trade Landeskog but that's the current chatter.

Strange days.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Yes signing soderberg and drafting rantanen and Jost and getting compher in the o'reilly shows that too

Soderberg isn't at the same level. And these other guys are still prospects. If they trade Lando, I fully expect these others guys to be traded at some point after hitting their peak, if it's as high as we hope. Other teams will just value that type of player more.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
So let me get this straight. Avs are in desperate need of a top d-man and they are talking to the Oilers who perhaps need a d-man more than the Avs? That makes zero sense. What d-man can they get from Edmonton?

I think the idea is the avs trade for a defence man, somehow, and that allows them to move Barrie.

Like soderberg/Ror

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
In all seriousness, Sakic is probably making phone calls to tons of teams and vice versa, to see what's available but I doubt anything will happen. Asking price of top players is just too much and Avs don't really have too much to offer. They just can't get a top player in a trade without leaving a hole on the roster. I prefer they don't do anything unless Sakic is capable of fleecing somebody and I just don't know if he can

they don't need "top" players this season or to be swapping core for core or once core
they need (the right) complementary players to their current core
they need to clear the dead weight they already had like they started doing with Holden and already did with Tanguay
they need to get rid of that horrible Iginla contract at worst after this season at best anytime before

add pieces to the puzzle now .... wait till next season to start a brand new puzzle if need be

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Even if nothing happens over the next couple weeks. its just another indicator that we should expect some major changes to the core over the next year and a half. Like I think Barrie and Varly are outs, and possibly Duchene but with this out there Im full in on it being Landy thats the third head to this core change.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
My sentiment this entire afternoon but for Brodie he has to be on the table, Brodie is a young-ish #1 defenseman.

For Trouba, Fowler, or as a makeweight along with Barrie just to get Trouba while getting a fluff center like RNH back...then yes, absolutely not.

For Brodie, Lindholm, Faulk...he's got to be on the table even if it hurts.

Use Duchene instead.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I kinda enjoyed being on the outside when the wild stuff was happening. But there has been rumors about Avs players in the past and nothing happened. It seems that because Avs are so secretive everyone gets extra carried away any time there is an Avs rumor.

Avs staff should spend the summer watching video and not doing trades imho.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Why are people even talking about Brodie? Is it really because a blogger said "I hope you like TJ Brodie". He's Calgary's most Important player. We aren't getting him.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Its hilarious how the Avs fanbase operates.

Everyone just expects the absolute worse case scenario to unfold.

Personally, I'm excited to see who the player we get is.

Really tough to see the Avs end up with the best player in the deal using our best players.

We are an asset thin org with no internal options to replace any players. We don't have the asset base to do 2 for 1s and the only valuable players will be the best ones in a deal in a one for 1 swap. Lots to get excited about

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Do you think Krug's contract and the overpayment (slight) by Boston makes it even more likely Barrie is dealt? Or does it have no effect?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Do you think Krug's contract and the overpayment (slight) by Boston makes it even more likely Barrie is dealt? Or does it have no effect?

I don't think it particularly matters. I think Newport Sports have their number no matter what.

But I guess they could use the Krug and Spurgeon contracts in arbitration, since Barrie is a better player.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

It sets a base combined with the Yandle cap. On a deal with any term, Barrie should fall in between Krug and Yandle. One significant difference is the amount of RFA years in the deals, Krug's has 2 and Barrie's will have 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad