Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
If the Avs land Subban I feel like it's going to be one of those trades where i'm going to have to avoid HF for a very long time. Just like every major trade or decision the Avalanche have ever made.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
We would probably have one of the dumbest high talent second lines in the NHL. No thank you

MacK needs someone intelligent on his line.

Yakupov is a waste of time IMO, not worth the cap hit.

You're probably right, but also consider the limited cap space. We could land Yakupov, and maybe sign him for 1.5 mill per for 2 years.

Matthias was fantastic when he was here. If you extrapolate his numbers to 82 games, he'd go 25 goals (2nd highest on our team), and 21 assists for 46 points.

That's a number I'd be VERY happy with for a 2nd liner, especially with his size and compete.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
You're probably right, but also consider the limited cap space. We could land Yakupov, and maybe sign him for 1.5 mill per for 2 years.

Matthias was fantastic when he was here. If you extrapolate his numbers to 82 games, he'd go 25 goals (2nd highest on our team), and 21 assists for 46 points.

That's a number I'd be VERY happy with for a 2nd liner, especially with his size and compete.

Sure but that's totally unsustainable.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

He has also had difficulties maintaining 3rd and 4th line level play through his carreer and seems to be the like Iginla the Slow Starter.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If Avs were to trade something like Duchene, Barrie and #10th overall for Subban I think I'd just quit following them. As every torturer knows, everyone has a breaking point.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
If Avs were to trade something like Duchene, Barrie and #10th overall for Subban I think I'd just quit following them. As every torturer knows, everyone has a breaking point.

Pretty much what I thought when I read the rumors.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Yeah, fair enough guys. I'll admit I didn't take too much notic of him before he came to Colorado, but what I did see, I absolutely loved (especially when he got grumpy).

He was a net presence (something we lacked), he was gritty along the boards (especially when he first came here), and I know this sounds silly, but he looked like he enjoyed being here - and our boys haven't looked like they've been having actual fun for quite some time.

Know what, if Roy can get our players relaxed, having fun and enjoying each others company, that's half the battle in my opinion.

After that Minny series in the p/o's, our demeanour changed, and we play a lot more tense, tight, and with players gripping too hard on their sticks.

I want to see more special high fives, more dance moves (remember Dutchy and Stazz?), more laughing, and more energy.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012

Duchene is absolutely this team. He should be wearing a letter. He should be the last person traded from this place. Took a home town discount on his bridge, and signed within the salary structure, when teams would have paid him much more.

Freudian, I completely agree with you sir. No to Subban (and all the issues that come along with him).

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Ugh RDS cut out when the interview switched to English lol. From the tweets I'm reading it looks like Beegevin is saying he's not shopping Subban but it's his job to listen to offers.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I'd have no problem parting with Duchene. His lack of hockey IQ bothers me but I'd still want a good price for him as his skill level is unreal.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
With the level of player that Subban is, if you are listening, you are ready to move on. I think we see a blockbuster before the start of the draft.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Asked by @drosennhl if it was realistic a Subban trade could happen, Bergevin answered "No."

That's from Friedman

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

That's obviously way too much but Barrie +10th and Ranta pick would improve this team without mortgaging the future.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Bergevin is just wanting/enjoying all the attention this is giving him. He's making out Subban is Wayne Gretzky in his prime. Everyone should just ignore him.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
We don't have the depth in our roster to move multiple big pieces for one big piece.

I think some Avs fans think this is still 2013-14, if we lose Duchene then our forward group becomes an even bigger hole. And in today's NHL, you NEED depth up front because a good team can shut out two of your top lines in the playoffs.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Duchene + 10 + pickard for subban.

Barrie for RNH.

Sign Demers. Nvm he's right handed

Day dream over.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
We don't have the depth in our roster to move multiple big pieces for one big piece.

I think some Avs fans think this is still 2013-14, if we lose Duchene then our forward group becomes an even bigger hole. And in today's NHL, you NEED depth up front because a good team can shut out two of your top lines in the playoffs.

You also need a top end defensemen to win a cup... There isn't a cup winner out of the last 10 that doesn't include: Lidstrom, Chara, Doughty, Keith, Letang, Pronger, or Niedermeyer. The first Letang cup was before he was a star player... so you can really say 9 out of the last 10 (that team also had Gonch, Scuderi, and Orpik near the tops of their games).

I get people don't want to give up Duchene, but if you get Subban the chips are in the middle for MacK being a #1 (not a bad bet) and filling out the #2C elsewhere. #2Cs are not terribly hard to get and the Avs may have ammo to get one depending on the Subban deal.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You also need a top end defensemen to win a cup... There isn't a cup winner out of the last 10 that doesn't include: Lidstrom, Chara, Doughty, Keith, Letang, Pronger, or Niedermeyer. The first Letang cup was before he was a star player... so you can really say 9 out of the last 10 (that team also had Gonch, Scuderi, and Orpik near the tops of their games).

I get people don't want to give up Duchene, but if you get Subban the chips are in the middle for MacK being a #1 (not a bad bet) and filling out the #2C elsewhere. #2Cs are not terribly hard to get and the Avs may have ammo to get one depending on the Subban deal.

Yeah but if we could get Subban for EJ/Barrie+10+...even if Mikko...while keeping Dutchy, that'd be even nastier. :popcorn:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Per Bobby Sabres want Fowler but don't want to give up the 8th pick. Says Fowler could be traded before the draft?

Trade 10th pick and something small for Fowler and call it a day. It will be pretty much a perfect fit.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
If you must deal Duchene for Subban, then grin and bear it. But we won't be able to top Edmonton, if the Oilers decide they need PK. They've got a hoss of a big young center in Drai and the pick to grab PLD to offer. Habs can rebuild around a big and talented frontline of Galchenyuk, Draisatl and PLD (PLD on the wing). That's got to be more appealing for them than Duchene and stuff.

Still interested in Fowler and appears he will be dealt by this weekend. You'd have to move somebody to the right on their off-hand side but a EJ-Barrie-Fowler-FB-Z-Bigras core would be pretty solid and his $4 million salary is much more palatable than what we would have to pay for a Demers in free agency. Probably prevents you from adding Radulov but you could still probably make some moves up front. Also not sure what that would mean from an expansion protection list. But I'd make a call and see what kind of offers the Ducks are looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA