Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't think the (now postponed) Bergevin press conference has anything to do with a trade. You don't ask for a press conference before finalizing the trade.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don't think the (now postponed) Bergevin press conference has anything to do with a trade. You don't ask for a press conference before finalizing the trade.

Before you guys all lose your mind, would MTL be willing to add to PK if we sent Mackinnon?

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA

Doesn't mean something didn't come up and talks got serious right before the conference...guess we'll find out soon.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
You guys filled that last thread in 6 days.

I'm amazed. That's like popular main board thread level.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Duchene and Barrie for Subban and something. Varly to Flames.

Giving the Flames a #1 goalie, taking away the Barrie trade option AND the Subban trade option for Edmonton.

Another #1C off the market for the Wild?

The whinging will be delicious!

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Would Duchene + Barrie be enough for Subban + #9?

That would be something else also. Enter tomorrows draft with #9 and #10. Chance to draft Serg and Jost/Brown.

This would be my ask, personally. I think Duchene is greater than the difference between Subban and Barrie, and that the 9th overall would help even that out. Plus with Price in net, Montreal can't really commit to a rebuild. They would want proven pieces, or at least that's my understanding.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I definitely wouldn't. But I may prefer to trade Mackinnon for Subban+ instead of trading Duchene+Barrie+10 or something like that.

That's part of why. Mack means most teams have to add pieces.
Duchene + adding multiple assets is not ideal if the goal is to improve and contend.

Though if Mack somehow breaks through and becomes a generational player then his impact could help the team far more than Duchene. Just not sure he will break through.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I'm not against Subban but I think he's going to fetch more than he's worth.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
That's part of why. Mack means most teams have to add pieces.
Duchene + adding multiple assets is not ideal if the goal is to improve and contend.

Though if Mack somehow breaks through and becomes a generational player then his impact could help the team far more than Duchene. Just not sure he will break through.

If the asking price for Subban would really be Duchene, Barrie, #10, I really doubt they add to him in order to get MacKinnon.

If we trade something along those lines (Duchene Barrie 10, or Barrie 10 Mikko) Sakic and Roy should be fired instantly.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'd rather a deal centered around Barrie. If we get an expensive offensive RHD why would we keep the same? Wouldn't they need D back too? They aren't exactly brimming with D up there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille