Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Maybe we need to make room for an incoming forward, and would be sending him down regardless.

Very possible.

I can't see them adding another depth forward, so that really only leaves one guy...

Tanguay and Skille rotate as scratches.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Can we really afford to keep his 5.5M during 16/17? I highly doubt it.

I don't see it either.

So, in your scenario, the Avs would be keeping Carle for next season (2016-17)?

In that case, the question would be, is Carle's play this year indicative of his overall ability now, or is it just a bad situation for him in TB? Could he help the team in some capacity next season? (Again, those questions being asked in a hypothetical that the Avs acquire Carle and actually use him next season before buying him out)

What you see is what you get, he is basically Bodnarchuck paid 5.5.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Haha, the difference between Cliche and Wagner

You tend to hate something more when it's force fed to you.

There's a pretty sizeable difference between Wagner and Cliche IMO, as far as pure 4th liners go. In all areas of the game.

I think their plan might be for Matthias to move to center though, if there's an injury there. Cliche would be after that.

Or maybe this explains why they were giving Mikko a look at center. He's their first replacement.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
There's a pretty sizeable difference between Wagner and Cliche IMO, as far as pure 4th liners go. In all areas of the game.

I think their plan might be for Matthias to move to center though, if there's an injury there. Cliche would be after that.

Or maybe this explains why they were giving Mikko a look at center.

You think they'd actually consider playing Mikko on the 4th line as a center?

I know Wagner was better than Cliche it's just a hate versus love versus how much they played comparison.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

Let's hope that isn't the plan. Matthias is a career 45% dude in the circle. Wagner was close to 55%. Huge difference. Matthias can't play C.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Wagner is lucky he wasn't here for long enough to become the next scapegoat. He's a fine physical presence, but so was Marty and everyone had already turned on him. Sure Wagner had those couple of lucky goals and could take faceoffs, but that didn't actually make him useful.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

I know Wagner was better than Cliche it's just a hate versus love versus how much they played comparison.

3rd line, not the 4th line.

Marty was good at hitting but nothing with the puck. I liked Wagner's energy and tenacity with the puck when it was moving forward. He was a good 4C/13th guy. It's too bad he had to go.

If the Avs need a center I think Grigo moves into that spot anyway.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Let's hope that isn't the plan. Matthias is a career 45% dude in the circle. Wagner was close to 55%. Huge difference. Matthias can't play C.

We talked about this briefly before but I don't think faceoffs are a huge requirement for a 4th line center these days anyway.

Matthias broke into the league as a center. He's recently become more of a winger after he left Florida, and is probably better there, but that doesn't mean he can't move back to the middle in a pinch.

3rd line in the regular season but I could see them playing him as 4th line center in the playoffs should something happen to Mitchell. I would. Way better option than Cliche.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
We talked about this briefly before but I don't think faceoffs are a huge requirement for a 4th line center these days anyway.

Matthias broke into the league as a center. He's recently become more of a winger after he left Florida, and is probably better there, but that doesn't mean he can't move back to the middle in a pinch.

Matts, Lake, Soda... That's a lot of F/O experience on one line lol (Not sure how far back Blake goes with that though)

Yeah, having Matts there as a backup is nice. So you have Matts for the bottom six, and Greg for the top six.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Wagner is lucky he wasn't here for long enough to become the next scapegoat. He's a fine physical presence, but so was Marty and everyone had already turned on him. Sure Wagner had those couple of lucky goals and could take faceoffs, but that didn't actually make him useful.

The reason people "turned on" Martinsen is that he didn't have anything in his toolbox that he could do at NHL level quality, beyond the big hit once every three-four games. He was useless out there and giving him the minutes he got for so long is was a big mistake. He is where he should be right now.

Wagner wasn't particularly good either, evidenced by him going straight to AHL now.

Trying to find the good qualities in AHL players is noble, but they still are just AHL players.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The reason people "turned on" Martinsen is that he didn't have anything in his toolbox that he could do at NHL level quality, beyond the big hit once every three-four games. He was useless out there and giving him the minutes he got for so long is was a big mistake. He is where he should be right now.

Wagner wasn't particularly good either, evidenced by him going straight to AHL now.

Trying to find the good qualities in AHL players is noble, but they still are just AHL players.

I dont think this is evidence of that. Like many personnel decisions this was situational. Most teams didn't want to take the extra contract and hurt their chances at any deadline deal they're working on. The Ducks used to have him, and could send him straight to the minors, which is what they were trying to do before.

He makes a lot of teams out of camp if this was October IMO.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I dont think this is evidence of that. Like many personnel decisions this was situational. Most teams didn't want to take the extra contract and hurt their chances at any deadline deal they're working on. The Ducks used to have him, and could send him straight to the minors, which is what they were trying to do before.

He makes a lot of teams out of camp if this was October IMO.

The only team that wanted him was Ducks. Every other team could have had him, decided not to.

He was useful on faceoffs and more or less invisible beyond that. I expected him to bring much more of an energy game based on what Ducks fans said about him but even when he tried to play physical the puck always went the other way.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The only team that wanted him was Ducks. Every other team could have had him, decided not to.

He was useful on faceoffs and more or less invisible beyond that. I expected him to bring much more of an energy game based on what Ducks fans said about him but even when he tried to play physical the puck always went the other way.

And I mentioned why other teams "decided not to." Decent players pass through waivers every year right before the deadline. This and a few days before camp ends are the two best times to try to sneak players down without getting claimed, because teams are worried about their own roster decisions.

He brought a good amount of energy. I noticed him quite often during shifts. He wasn't as consistent as you'd like in that area but waaaay more than AHLers like Cliche who you're comparing him to.

Not a huge loss but he's not "just an AHL player" either.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Anything new on Drouin today?

Is all this PK talk hypothetical BS or something that was actually discussed?

BS. One of the Montreal reporters said they're willing to listen on Subban and it went on from there.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Anything new on Drouin today?

Latest is Yzerman saying he'd prefer to move him at the deadline but only if it helps their playoff run, and that he'd like to help the power play.

The chatter about him has picked up considerably though. I'm guessing he's moved before the deadline.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Latest is Yzerman saying he'd prefer to move him at the deadline but only if it helps their playoff run, and that he'd like to help the power play.

The chatter about him has picked up considerably though. I'm guessing he's moved before the deadline.

Hmmm. Seems like it would have to be a three team deal for the Avs to get him, if Yzerman is going to stick to that. I don't think we can help them right now.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

I doubt it, it'll happen at the draft.

Yzerman has been flip flopping on what he wants.

Based on the latest, what team is going to give you help on the PP that's out of the playoffs? He also has to be cost effective.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
That's what I've been saying. If Yzerman needs a young forward back it's not going to happen here vid he has to make a futures deal then we could be in the picture but that doesn't have to happen now either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad