Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Is that all his cap hit is after a buy out? What about during this off-season?

If we did it this summer, it would be 4 years at 1.8 (so fall 2016 - spring 2020 )

Wouldn't it be for 4 years? I guess that's a good point we could buy him out unlike Stuart.

Not if we wait a year and do it in 2017. But it would be 4 years if we did it right away.

Im just going off of General Fanager.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
So now we only have 12 healthy forwards. I wonder if they call anyone up.

I think Rantanen gets called-up after the Outdoor Game + Trade Deadline unless we somehow acquire Drouin or something like that.

Imagine they acquired Drouin then called up HW96 and Zadorov?? Nice jolt for the playoff push.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
If we did it this summer, it would be 4 years at 1.8 (so fall 2016-2020 summer)

Not if we wait a year and do it in 2017. But it would be 4 years if we did it right away.

Ahh, this makes sense. Can we actually absorb that contract next year even without Stuart?

I guess the question is if they could still add Radulov if they did that, which I'd guess the answer is no.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Just watch.

1st+Prospect+Stuart for Drouin+Carle. Avs buyout Carle after next season for a 1.8 cap hit in 2017-18 and 2018-19.

I suppose it wouldn't be as bad if they dumped Stuart in the process. Makes Carle's relative cap hit 1.9 next year, 1.8 the two years after.

Still not a fan of handicapping ourselves with that cap though. Stuart can go on LTIR. Carle can't. We have about 20mil in room next year before re-signings and if the cap stands still. That puts us in a tight spot next season.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
If we did it this summer, it would be 4 years at 1.8 (so fall 2016 - spring 2020 )

Can we really afford to keep his 5.5M during 16/17? I highly doubt it.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think Rantanen gets called-up after the Outdoor Game + Trade Deadline unless we somehow acquire Drouin or something like that.

Imagine they acquired Drouin then called up HW96 and Zadorov?? Nice jolt for the playoff push.

Watch us acquire Drouin, and still leave both of them to play together in the AHL with Zadorov to lead SA. Then Berra comes back, and Pickard is sent back down.

Mikko, Drouin, Zadorov, and Pickard all somehow end up playing in SA lol

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The Ducks were allowed to send Wagner to the AHL (which they did).
I didn't realize this was allowed but this makes me think that Columbus would absolutely claim Bodnarchuk if waived to help out the AHL club.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Or Zadorov, or Gormley, or Siemens... we have plenty of dman. There was never a need for this guy.

We need someone else on the bench. I doubt the idea is for him to be the #6.

Zadorov would be good if they are willing to break up Beauch and EJ, but they don't seem to want to do that. But if that were to happen then Chuk slides down to a depth position.

With 21 players on the roster and now 49 contracts for the org there is no need to be dumping guys for no reason. Hell, we are even carrying 3 goalies still.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

So, in your scenario, the Avs would be keeping Carle for next season (2016-17)?

In that case, the question would be, is Carle's play this year indicative of his overall ability now, or is it just a bad situation for him in TB? Could he help the team in some capacity next season? (Again, those questions being asked in a hypothetical that the Avs acquire Carle and actually use him next season before buying him out)

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Watch us acquire Drouin, and still leave both of them to play together in the AHL with Zadorov to lead SA. Then Berra comes back, and Pickard is sent back down.

Mikko, Drouin, Zadorov, and Pickard all somehow end up playing in SA lol

And both organizations manage do miss the playoffs, great!

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
So, in your scenario, the Avs would be keeping Carle for next season (2016-17)?

In that case, the question would be, is Carle's play this year indicative of his overall ability now, or is it just a bad situation for him in TB? Could he help the team in some capacity next season? (Again, those questions being asked in a hypothetical that the Avs acquire Carle and actually use him next season before buying him out)

I can't imagine he helps us, watching him regularly is painful as hell. It does not look like a type of thing that a change of scenery turns around.

Maybe that's just the unflinching hate that swells inside of me though when I see him on the ice for Tampa.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Almost any plan regarding Carle to the Avs is a bad plan if our 1st is included.

I see it more as getting a bad contract would decrease Drouin's value in a trade. Giving up the 1st would be like Avs "drafting" Drouin even if it would mean Avs have to give up a pretty good prospect in the trade as well.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I see it more as getting a bad contract would decrease Drouin's value in a trade. Giving up the 1st would be like Avs "drafting" Drouin even if it would mean Avs have to give up a pretty good prospect in the trade as well.

Here is the thing though, Drouin is a coin toss to help us in any way this year as far as making the playoffs. Our first would have to be lottery protected IMO.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Exactly that's why any deal involving a 1st or non Mikko/Bigras/Zadorov prospect shouldn't be a big deal at all. They'd be getting a 20 year old former #3 pick. They're significantly upgrading on any prospect they give up or draft.

Avalanche2133

May 16, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
Yzerman already came out and said yesterday he wants to help the team now and for the playoff push. No futures ain't going to get it done. I just don't think we match up good on a Douin trade. We have nothing on our current roster that can help Tampa now that we would be willing to give up.
Closest thing I can think of is Grig, Comeau but it would take more than that and 1st to get Drouin.

Pretty sure we are going to call up Rantanen today or tomorrow the. Trade for a bottom pair defenseman or a number 4 at most so Holden slides down to 5 with Bigras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad