Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
1st, Redmond, and Mitchell sounds good to me. Johnny Malkin can be a staple on their PP and Redmond is least awful when he has the extra time from the man advantage. Yzerman would have to be a fool not to take such an offer.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
If Sakic did have any interest in Drouin, Yzerman is going to be in town for a few days. Just saying... Maybe they can make a deal on the ice tomorrow :sarcasm:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Hmmm. Seems like it would have to be a three team deal for the Avs to get him, if Yzerman is going to stick to that. I don't think we can help them right now.

Remember when we traded Quincey to them for Downie, and then they flipped Quincey to Detroit for a 1st round pick?

If we do manage it, I'd imagine it goes something like that with the assets involved.

We give them a 1st, take Carles contract and it opens up a whole lot more trade options for them.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Zadorov for Drouin
Barrie for Drouin, Coburn, DeAngelo (though I would much prefer to go after Hamonic if we are moving Barrie)
1st + Bleackley + Redmond for Drouin

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
If people want to keep ignoring what Roy and Sakic have been saying about having to develop defensemen because teams don't trade them, then sure, keep going and proposing we trade Zadorov.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Yuck. Wouldn't move Zadorov for Drouin.

I know a lot of people wouldn't, but the value seems spot on to me. The two are in such similar situations (insane potential, same age, havnt put it together at this level yet, talent to currently play in NHL but need development to round out there game).

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
The only reason the Avs should be trading any defenseman is if a better defenseman is coming back - and how often does that happen?

I really don't get this trade Barrie or trade Zads talk for a team that's so weak on the back end and with its top prospects not named Bigras or Zadorov still a couple of years out at least.

I get that the top 6 has holes, but not as glaring as the defense and defensive pipeline, and it's easier to fill holes at forward in free agency than it is to find a quality defenseman.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
If people want to keep ignoring what Roy and Sakic have been saying about having to develop defensemen because teams don't trade them, then sure, keep going and proposing we trade Zadorov.

Its a value comparison. it's a possibility. Something that could potentially happen. That is all.

And since when do we fans take into account what the Avs would do when making proposals? Tons of people like talking about what they want to see done.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Watch Edmonton trade Yakupov and Schultz for Drouin

Is there a chance that Yzerman realizes he can't lose the talent of both Stamkos and Drouin in a single 100 day window, so he keeps Drouin into next season?

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Is there a chance that Yzerman realizes he can't lose the talent of both Stamkos and Drouin in a single 100 day window, so he keeps Drouin into next season?

All we have heard is there is a zero percent chance of bridging the gap. I think Drouin plays in North Korea before he plays for Tampa.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

Well, just because they said it doesn't make it so. "Everberg can be one of the best 3rd line wings in the NHL next season" or whatever.

That said, I agree with the sentiment concerning defensemen, and they should stick to it.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City

Nah. If he cant get what he wants now, someone will throw a mid first his way by the draft. I would if it was us.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

I don't think Drouin ever wants to play for Jon Cooper, Steve Yzerman, or the Tampa Bay organization ever again. I think we're going to see him traded at the deadline.

The Lightning want to win the cup. That'll go a hell of a long way to convincing Stamkos to re-sign. Why not move Drouin for assets or an asset that will help you win a cup this season. Even if it's a young player, that player in your lineup still helps you more than Drouin out of your lineup.

Anyway Yzerman tries to spin it or wait, Drouin will not be a member of the Lightning organization. Move him while you have Stamkos and a shot at the cup with, really, Washington being the only real threat I can identify in the Eastern Conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino