Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
JVR is available according to Leaf fans...
26 years old, 30 goals/60pts guy playing LW..signed for 2 more seasons at a friendly 4.25M cap hit. He'd be the perfect Tangs replacement IMO but I wonder what Toronto would want for him?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
26 years old, 30 goals/60pts guy playing LW..signed for 2 more seasons at a friendly 4.25M cap hit. He'd be the perfect Tangs replacement IMO but I wonder what Toronto would want for him?

I don't think he's our target. Other teams will overpay for him due to his cap hit. Sure it's nice he's 4.25 mil for 2 more seasons, but we won't be contending anyways at that point whereas teams like LA, Chicago, Tampa, etc. are.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

He's got years of production left, a team in a rebuild mode would be crazy to let him go for anything but a Rantanen/Zadorov sure thing with a lot of RFA years left. He's too much of a luxury for us, but a team who's looking to hold onto contention for another couple of years would probably be willing to pay the price if it means staving off a rebuild for a while longer.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!

I can never tell if he is massively over rated or under rated.

Also, Eller has to be the least interesting player in the league. Yawn.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
I can never tell if he is massively over rated or under rated.

Also, Eller has to be the least interesting player in the league. Yawn.

Either way JVR will be 27 in 3 months. We aren't competing for deep playoff run until/if Bigras and Zadorov evolve into at least #4 D. That will probably take 2 seasons minimum and then he's 29. Rather take a run at Drouin for the price it would cost to get JVR.

As for Eller, I would rather focus on using that cap space on fixing our D or top 6 before solidifying our 3rd line.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Atkinson, Hoffman, Hansen... I'd like any of those 3. I'm a size queen myself, but I'm totally okay with the odd super-skilled midget sprinkled into the lineup. Adding a big horse like Rants makes me a bit more comfortable adding a smaller dude.

Simmonds would be a dream. Rychel would be awesome. I'd like JVR, but not as much as Simmonds and Rychel. Hartnell, Foligno, etc. are guys I'd stay away from.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
James van Riemsdyk would be a really good fit. He is a shoot first player. Corsi!

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Duncan Siemens to Vancouver for Linden Vey. Siemens gets to play for a team where the coach will give him a chance to show he'll be an effective 3rd pairing player and Avs improve the bottom 6 forwards and scoring depth. Maybe have to add something small like a Hishon/Smith/Agozzino but not much.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Duncan Siemens to Vancouver for Linden Vey. Siemens gets to play for a team where the coach will give him a chance to show he'll be an effective 3rd pairing player and Avs improve the bottom 6 forwards and scoring depth. Maybe have to add something small like a Hishon/Smith/Agozzino but not much.

I'm not sure Hishon has that much less value than Siemens really. He's still a former first who is behind on development, but a team with Time to do that might be interested in him. I do think one or both of them go at the deadline (Siemens has an outside chance to make it here, but he needs a change of scenery IMO). Both I could see going for another prospect like Vey, nothing fancy.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Siemens didn't make it on the second leg of the road trip so that means he's not going to play until after the deadline at least so take him off the table.

This is most likely the case, yes.

Only way he'd get traded is if the team trading for him believes that he'll be just fine.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm not sure Hishon has that much less value than Siemens really. He's still a former first who is behind on development, but a team with Time to do that might be interested in him. I do think one or both of them go at the deadline (Siemens has an outside chance to make it here, but he needs a change of scenery IMO). Both I could see going for another prospect like Vey, nothing fancy.

Can't see Hishon bringing anything back

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Can't see Hishon bringing anything back

I mean, not much, but not a bag of pucks either. Another decent prospect is all I really expect. He's not a complete lost cause to make the NHL someday, but there's no room for him in our organization anymore with the Roykic regime. I think somebody would probably be willing to give up a similar prospect for him that would fit our new build better. His contract is up at the end of the year, and I don't see them spending a contract spot on him again even if he is an RFA. Might as well trade him for another gamble than just let him go.

SuperJoe

Feb 24, 2010
Royal City

I know Siemens as next to no value, but not sure what you see in Vey, if we target someone from the Nucks it should be Hansen

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Exactly. Nobody's going to rent him for help on a bottom pairing this year if the Avs won't play him there.

Yeah I get if someone likes him they like him but with the injury he had I just don't know how confident anyone is going to be to trade for him. I guess if they know it just a matter of rest they can say that but I just don't think it's going to happen now. Just saying.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Yeah I get if someone likes him they like him but with the injury he had I just don't know how confident anyone is going to be to trade for him. I guess if they know it just a matter of rest they can say that but I just don't think it's going to happen now. Just saying.

Doesn't he have a little bit of a history with injuries? Minor ones, sure, and his play style might lend itself towards a few more injuries than usual, but that could come into play.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Doesn't he have a little bit of a history with injuries? Minor ones, sure, and his play style might lend itself towards a few more injuries than usual, but that could come into play.

Some of that, some bad luck. I don't know about in junior but as a pro it's been a knee injury, a broken hand from a fight, diving to block a shot. So I wouldn't call it injury prone stuff but he does seem to sacrifice his body.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I mean, not much, but not a bag of pucks either. Another decent prospect is all I really expect. He's not a complete lost cause to make the NHL someday, but there's no room for him in our organization anymore with the Roykic regime. I think somebody would probably be willing to give up a similar prospect for him that would fit our new build better. His contract is up at the end of the year, and I don't see them spending a contract spot on him again even if he is an RFA. Might as well trade him for another gamble than just let him go.

Sure, might as well trade him, but I wouldn't expect a decent prospect back in return. All I'd expect is a minor league player who can help the Rampage and maybe be decent enough to get a call-up should the Avs get a lot of injuries. But at this point, Hishon is what he is: An AHL player. I used to defend him vehemently but I just can't anymore, he isn't NHL quality and I don't think there's a team out there that wants to give an undersized player who isn't a fast skater and has had prior injury issues a chance to make the NHL team and contribute, unless 1) Hishon has a complete 180 and reverts to junior-caliber Hishon, or 2) The team wants to tank and thinks Hishon will help that cause.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I know Siemens as next to no value, but not sure what you see in Vey, if we target someone from the Nucks it should be Hansen

Vey doesn't have high trade value so he wont take a high pick or great prospect to acquire but can help out the bottom 6 for a couple years and isn't a rental.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
If Siemens leaves what does San Antonio look like for next season?

I'm assuming Zadorov and Bigras are in the NHL. Since Gormley was waived I think the organization is ready to move on from him. Noreau never got his chance in the NHL I think he heads back to Europe.

? - Clark
Geertsen - Wood
? - ?
Corbett

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
If Siemens leaves what does San Antonio look like for next season?

I'm assuming Zadorov and Bigras are in the NHL. Since Gormley was waived I think the organization is ready to move on from him. Noreau never got his chance in the NHL I think he heads back to Europe.

? - Clark
Geertsen - Wood
? - ?
Corbett

I would be a little shocked if the Avs did not re-sign Redmond (he is a perfect 7th/AHL D man) so 50-50 if he sticks with the big club or plays in the AHL.

Also 50-50 if both Bigras AND Zadorov make the NHL full time...though decent odds one gets traded for another NHL D man if they don't plan to keep them both on the NHL club.

I would put money on them signing, claiming, or trading for another Guenin/Holden/Gormley/Bodnarchuk/Redmond type mid twenties career AHLer they might like the potential of. So again 50-50 if they stick in the NHL or start the year in the AHL.

Good odds the Avs take a chance on a vet on a one or two year contract as insurance for Zadorov and Bigras. This would be a fringe NHLer, so that player might get demoted to the AHL if both do in fact make the NHL roster.

Outside long shot of Guenin signing either an AHL contract directly with the Rampage...or less likely signing a one year deal with the Avs. (it could happen if the Avs/Rampage decide they need a one year place holder for a year as the next round of prospects graduate to pro hockey, as the next wave is a year away from turning pro really if you look at the top end of the list, the vet you know is an easy choice if other options do not materialize)

Hopefully the Avs look at college UFAs to also try to stock out the pool a bit, something I think they have neglected to be players in over the last few years. Casey Nelson from Minnesota State is the biggest target and would seemingly be a great fit to play either on the Avs 3rd pair next year or in the AHL. There are a handful of other college UFAs that deserve a look for the AHL roster as well. Basically free prospects with no risk.

I think Noreau sticks it out one more year, so I expect him to either be in the AHL or in the NHL as a 6/7 guy. (which means Redmond gets bumped to the AHL) Noreau or Redmond is the 7th D man next year, occasionally cycling into the lineup with Zadorov and Bigras as they transition to the NHL.

(speaking of college UFAs, Drake Caggiula from UND should be someone the Avs aggressively target, he is going to be a star in the NHL and could really help the Avs out on the wing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooxFlig4A2I

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad