Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I see it more as getting a bad contract would decrease Drouin's value in a trade. Giving up the 1st would be like Avs "drafting" Drouin even if it would mean Avs have to give up a pretty good prospect in the trade as well.

If a team could toss a 1st + decent prospect + short term cap dump for Drouin and Carle it would have been done by now I think.

So either Yzerman still is asking a fortune for Drouin, or no teams in the league are willing to take Carle and still send any significant value. (watch out for Toronto though)

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yzerman already came out and said yesterday he wants to help the team now and for the playoff push. No futures ain't going to get it done. I just don't think we match up good on a Douin trade. We have nothing on our current roster that can help Tampa now that we would be willing to give up.
Closest thing I can think of is Grig, Comeau but it would take more than that and 1st to get Drouin.

Pretty sure we are going to call up Rantanen today or tomorrow the. Trade for a bottom pair defenseman or a number 4 at most so Holden slides down to 5 with Bigras.

However a 1st round pick + prospect + clearing Carle's contract before the deadline allows them to bring in help at the deadline if they want.

I'm not even sure Toronto could take his full contract at this point, they only have around 4M left.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The Ducks were allowed to send Wagner to the AHL (which they did).
I didn't realize this was allowed but this makes me think that Columbus would absolutely claim Bodnarchuk if waived to help out the AHL club.

Should have done this instead. Wagner was a solid depth forward. There's plenty of D in San Antonio just as good as Bod if they need one.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Adios, Wags. Thanks for the contribution and I hope your return to Anaheim goes well.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Wagner's already been demoted to the AHL by Anaheim. I guess that's the benefit of claiming the guy you already waived. Pretty sure they play San Antonio this weekend.

Parks

Dec 19, 2015
Colorado
It's a bummer to lose Wagner. I liked him. Should have waived Bodnarchuck and let Columbus claim him back. Wagner contributed more than bods ever will.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Finally we acquire a guy with my last name (Wagner), he plays with energy and chips in a few clutch goals, so naturally we'd get rid of him for absolutely nothing.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't think we could. Had to waive him 1st before we could demote him.

Waive Bod then. Wagner's not a huge loss, but that's an easy choice between the two for me. Unless Columbus changed their mind on claiming him back like Jarmo said they would.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If a team could toss a 1st + decent prospect + short term cap dump for Drouin and Carle it would have been done by now I think.

So either Yzerman still is asking a fortune for Drouin, or no teams in the league are willing to take Carle and still send any significant value. (watch out for Toronto though)

I agree but most teams can't take on a cap problem like Carle. And as someone else said I do think their priority is getting a young ELC forward to help their playoff push and nothing here fits that bill and it ain't going to be Rantanen.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Finally we acquire a guy with my last name (Wagner), he plays with energy and chips in a few clutch goals, so naturally we'd get rid of him for absolutely nothing.

Hey, I feel for ya... McGinn is my wife's last name lol

(Yes this contributes to my homerism in that regard)

Shes a Redwings fans, so I was going to get her a McGinn Colorado jersey lmao. I guess now they are probably cheaper.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Hey, I feel for ya... McGinn is my wife's last name lol

(Yes this contributes to my homerism in that regard)

Shes a Redwings fans, so I was going to get her a McGinn Colorado jersey lmao. I guess now they are probably cheaper.

Careful, deadline hasn't passed yet. She could end up getting you a McGinn Wings jersey. Emasculating on many levels.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Careful, deadline hasn't passed yet. She could end up getting you a McGinn Wings jersey.

I'm not a feminist, I didn't take her last name lol.

Actually I hope that does not happen, I don't want to spend 200$ on a Redwings jersey for her birthday. Which would likely be a requirement if that happens haha.

Those Asian kids better get sewing on those fakes if that happens

Edit : So... we've got a roster spot, and a contract spot. I feel like everyone is standing around looking at each other like. Uh, so what are we doing again? Did Roy sleep in and forget to call up Mikko? How long has it been since we had an open roster spot?

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm not a feminist, I didn't take her last name lol.

Actually I hope that does not happen, I don't want to spend 200$ on a Redwings jersey for her birthday. Which would likely be a requirement if that happens haha.

Those Asian kids better get sewing on those fakes if that happens

Edit : So... we've got a roster spot, and a contract spot. I feel like everyone is standing around looking at each other like. Uh, so what are we doing again? Did Roy sleep in and forget to call up Mikko?

That's what I figured but that's why it would sting a little extra. Maybe she's too nice for that though.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Think they won't do anything until the outdoor game is over, it's like a mini all-star break for the team. They aren't even having real practice. So I don't think anyone gets called up. They don't need someone to sit around for that and their next normal game isn't until Tuesday after the deadline. So they are going to hold their options open. Now they have a contract slot and a roster spot. They'll also have to decide what to do with Berra as his conditioning will be over. So I expect status quo at least until Sunday.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
With Wags off the books, they're now free to trade away a 2nd rounder for a "rental" to infuriate Avalanche HF even further :laugh:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
That's what I figured but that's why it would sting a little extra. Maybe she's too nice for that though.

Nope, no shes not lol

Our relationship kicked off with me making a comment about her being a Detroit fan lol. About the only thing we agree on hockey related is hating Chicago.

She'll at least root against them when playing Colorado haha.

Some of my best nights watching hockey are when shes watching a Detroit game and Howard is in net this season.

Think they won't do anything until the outdoor game is over, it's like a mini all-star break for the team. They aren't even having real practice. So I don't think anyone gets called up. They don't need someone to sit around for that and their next normal game isn't until Tuesday after the deadline. So they are going to hold their options open. Now they have a contract slot and a roster spot. They'll also have to decide what to do with Berra as his conditioning will be over. So I expect status quo at least until Sunday.

You're probably right, and it's going to drive me crazy lol

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Waive Bod then. Wagner's not a huge loss, but that's an easy choice between the two for me. Unless Columbus changed their mind on claiming him back like Jarmo said they would.

Maybe we need to make room for an incoming forward, and would be sending him down regardless.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Even that 1.8 million next year is extremely important to them. Especially if they won't trade Stamkos.

Sure, If they sign Stamkos to a 10M deal that 1.8M makes a big difference, but if they manage to sign him to an 8.5M or if he walks, that becomes less problematic.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yzerman is hoping he can deal Drouin at the deadline, but he wants it to help them now, especially on the PP. Not sure the Avs that kind of player unless they're moving Barrie, or it's a three team deal which we almost never see.

Their best chance at Drouin is gonna be at the draft where their 1st can be a big part of the deal.

...Redmond's least bad at the PP...

Good luck finding that. Bodnarchuk isn't good. I don't really like Redmond either, but I think he's better. He can at least move the puck.

I feel the exact opposite. At least Bodybychuck tries to play the body defensively, and isn't any less effective at moving the puck than Zach's hail-marries.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Wagner, it was nice meeting you. You played so little that we didn't have enough time to hate you and you will now be a legend.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Wagner, it was nice meeting you. You played so little that we didn't have enough time to hate you and you will now be a legend.

Haha, the difference between Cliche and Wagner

You tend to hate something more when it's force fed to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia