Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Just wondering Avs fans thoughts but JT Compher is tearing it up in Michigan this year. 20 year old LW.

I know Zadorov, Bigras, Rantanen should not be traded but I think Compher has some good value.

I wonder what him and say a top 5 protected 1st gets us?

A top 6 winger? A good D man?

Rather not trade him.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Just wondering Avs fans thoughts but JT Compher is tearing it up in Michigan this year. 20 year old LW.

I know Zadorov, Bigras, Rantanen should not be traded but I think Compher has some good value.

There's no real reason to trade him unless it's a "blow-away" type offer.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I think Sakic/Roy are a big fan of Compher and I believe they may have brought him in as the eventual #3C. After the season he's put together this year you have to wonder if the offensive potential is even higher and perhaps he could become a Top 6 forward for us one day.

I dont think the Avs would consider moving him. I think they look at moving Bleackley instead of him.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I think Sakic/Roy are a big fan of Compher and I believe they may have brought him in as the eventual #3C. After the season he's put together this year you have to wonder if the offensive potential is even higher and perhaps he could become a Top 6 forward for us one day.

I dont think the Avs would consider moving him. I think they look at moving Bleackley instead of him.

They should feel that way tbh.

One was picked #24 in a weaker draft (IMO) and one was picked at #35 in a very strong draft.

They are only 10 months apart and one of them has impressed post draft and one has stagnated a bit/gotten injured a lot.

I would easily take JT over Bleackley right now. His numbers are inflated because of his linemates but they also benefit from playing with him as well.
The only real negative about him right now is that he has to be signed this year or he could be an UFA next year

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

If we can get Rychel and a 2nd/3rd or Drouin for our 1st, Compher/Bleackey and a defensemen contract/prospect; then you trade. Otherwise you hold onto him and soon have some competent depth with him and Bleacks starting the year in the AHL or in our bottom 6.

Zadorov has gone down to SA with a great attitude. I call BS on the flight risk stuff.

Enough with trading with Zadorov or Bigras. Did you not hear Sakic talk? Top 4 defensemen don't get traded. We've been looking for one for years and can't get one. The only way to get them is to develop them or trade for them while they're young. 16 of the top 20 scoring D were drafted and developed by the team they're playing for.

Only cause you've followed the Rampage. To anyone else he's just another russian flight risk, like Grigorenko, Varlamov, and Ovechkin.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Watching the Leafs/Flyers. Polak looks like an Avs defender already. He does the Foote push on the back, is pretty slow, and isn't great at moving the puck. Would look pretty good next to Bigras.

I would like to see someone who could move the puck better though.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Question: I hear a lot about who is scouting the Rampage. Anybody know if the Avs are heavily scouting anybody else?

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Question: I hear a lot about who is scouting the Rampage. Anybody know if the Avs are heavily scouting anybody else?

They have a scout at the Leafs/Flyers game tonight. That's all the help I can give you though, haha.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Zadorov has gone down to SA with a great attitude. I call BS on the flight risk stuff.

Enough with trading with Zadorov or Bigras. Did you not hear Sakic talk? Top 4 defensemen don't get traded. We've been looking for one for years and can't get one. The only way to get them is to develop them or trade for them while they're young. 16 of the top 20 scoring D were drafted and developed by the team they're playing for.

At least one will be traded this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad