Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
They could lose their best player for nothing this summer. I'd imagine there is a lot more at stake than just a playoff run. Getting a good piece for Drouin, beefing up their roster and going deep would be a nice statement to Stamkos that they are serious about a Cup.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
If TB really wanted to beef up their roster for a playoff run they have other pieces they can work with. I wouldnt do that with Drouin. I think the best plan of action is to get a good young talent in return that fits your plan going forward. Maybe that ends up being Vatanen or Dumba and that could boost their run this year

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
5-6 pages worth of posts since last night. I thought there might have been another rumour or something. :laugh:

Still no to trading Zadorov for Drouin. I really like Drouin but we can't move a top defensive prospect for a winger, even one with that much potential. However, I do think it's a bit unfair to question Drouin and everything he has done since his draft and then talk about Zadorov as if he's the second coming in the same post. Both guys are far from a sure thing.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bigras would be the most untouchable for me among the young guys/prospects. I'd trade Zadorov before him.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
After the alumni game Sakic v. Yzerman do a 1 v 1 showdown and if Sakic wins we get Drouin for free. If Yzerman wins we get Drouin for Guenin and Bodnarchuk. Fair for everyone. :sarcasm:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
That absolutely should not be the reason. It's a nice perk but nothing that these guys did in junior should be the foundation for trading for them. Grigo was the CHL rookie of the year, not even the QMJHL rookie of the year. Drouin gitting on this team has to stand on it's own merit. If they even play together and rekindle chemistry is a perk.

The way i look at it is this team does not need more question mark players, they have enough of those which Drouin is at this moment. If Avs even looking at Drouin and potential trade, i'm sure 95% of the interest comes from connection to MacKinnon and the fact that they've played together and the thought of Drouin playing with MacKinnon will kick start his NHL career and MacKinnon will take it up a notch himself. That has to be the main reason if Sakic is thinking about trading for Drouin.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
Got to ask...
Is this Jeremy Lambert from Mile High Sticking some sort of comedian or what?
"How about Duchene for Sidney Crosby?"
Cause Crosby isnt an all-star this year, Lambert thinks we could and should pull it off...

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Im starting to realise it now... Got any suggestions for better sites maybe?

http://www.milehighhockey.com/

Here (HF boards) We actually post tweets and other stuff in relevant threads pretty quickly to be honest. Usually minutes after something relevant comes out its on here.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Rick-Sadowski/Avs-have-playoff-spot-at-break/188/74365

Rick is a good writer for the Avs at HB, some of the other writers for other teams suck, some are good.

http://bsndenver.com/avalanche/

Then there is the Denver post

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche

Or are you just looking for smaller blogs?

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Adrian Dater ‏@adater 1m1 minute ago
Picking up renewed chatter that Drouin is in play with Avs. Bigras and/or pick could be in play. Others making new calls to TB too though

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Adrian Dater ‏@adater 1m1 minute ago
Picking up renewed chatter that Drouin is in play with Avs. Bigras and/or pick could be in play. Others making new calls to TB too though

I think the word "could" has a significant significance in this case.
I hope at least.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
It would suck so much after all those years of having to watch those putrid Avs defenseman, all those Hunwicks, Guenins, Zanons, O'Briens, Stuarts and Cumiskeys,

if they just traded away Bigras after a couple of games where he clearly showed that he could be a solution to our woes for yet another forward.

I loved Shatty and it sucked watching him get traded. But atleast we got EJ in return.

Drouin better turn into Patrick Kane if they give up one of our 2 young Ds for him.

Lets just hope that its just Dater being Dater again.

Has he ever been right when it comes to trade rumors?

The only thing I remember when he was absolutely certain that Barrie was about to be traded 2 or 3 years ago.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Lets just hope that its just Dater being Dater again.

Has he ever been right when it comes to trade rumors?

The only thing I remember when he was absolutely certain that Barrie was about to be traded 2 or 3 years ago.

He's been decent with UFA's (Parenteau and Iginla) but don't really remember any of his trade rumours happening. Could be wrong though.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
They could lose their best player for nothing this summer. I'd imagine there is a lot more at stake than just a playoff run. Getting a good piece for Drouin, beefing up their roster and going deep would be a nice statement to Stamkos that they are serious about a Cup.

I think Hedman is their best player now but I see what you're saying.

But I'm of the opinion that the Lightning shouldn't have had to worry about Stamkos. If this situation with Drouin wasn't happening I would have moved Stamkos for a significant package and move forward with the triplets, Drouin, Filppula, Callahan, Killorn, Namestnikov and Marchessault up front. But that isn't happening now with Drouin wanting out.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
The problem with trading a Zadorov is that Meloche, Geertsen and Wood even if they turn into NHLers are probably two-three years out. And Siemens doesn't seem to be in the picture.

Avs have been starved for defense depth for a decade and now when we can see the end of the tunnel hopefully, I'd hate for Avs to give that up.

Of course we don't know how they view Zadorov. Avs can sour on players real quick. Ask Gormley.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
why would we trade bigras or zadorov?? It finally looks like we are about to shore up our defence and now we are gonna trade one of our two best prospects. Beachamin is what? 37. He can go down hill at any second like tanguay/iginla, his back could go out any second. So once again we have to live with holden as our long term top 4. We have Duchene, mackinnon, landeskog, soderberg, rantanen for our top 6 we can pick up a decent 2nd line winger without trading the farm for druion. we need defence more than offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln