Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
It would make a situation even worse to give up a second or anything real decent. We are just now rehabbing our prospect pool, let's not neuter that.

That wouldn't neuter the pool. We don't even have that piece in the pool yet. We will still be able to add more with the other draft picks.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I love the guy, but Colorado's most tradeable asset is Jarome Iginla.

He's 38 and as much as I'd like him to win with Colorado, I have serious doubts of that happening unless he plays into his 40's. He looks like he's going to have another productive year and has another year on his deal, meaning he has better-than-rental trade value.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I do hope Tangs+iginla are traded at the deadline if we're going to miss the playoffs again. Tangs should get a 2nd and iggy a late 1st or good prospect. plus they could then use that cap room to bring in a younger top 6 winger that would still be good when they are ready to compete for the cup.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I do hope Tangs+iginla are traded at the deadline if we're going to miss the playoffs again. Tangs should get a 2nd and iggy a late 1st or good prospect. plus they could then use that cap room to bring in a younger top 6 winger that would still be good when they are ready to compete for the cup.

I wish but then it's going to be rage city around here when it doesn't happen.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I love the guy, but Colorado's most tradeable asset is Jarome Iginla.

He's 38 and as much as I'd like him to win with Colorado, I have serious doubts of that happening unless he plays into his 40's. He looks like he's going to have another productive year and has another year on his deal, meaning he has better-than-rental trade value.

He has got huge respect around the league. But people are well aware of his decline. We wouldn't be able to expect anything good for him back. But getting rid of his 5.5M for next season would be very good.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
With Iggy, we'd be talking about a deadline deal of course, with Colorado out of contention. In that case, he may waive it, unless he is content (which he may be).

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
How good is this Zaitsev guy? Package deal with his teammate Radulov??

No clue who he is but I heard Friedman talking about him on Saturday. Apparently a bunch of teams are interested. Would love to hear more about him.

As for Radulov, how is this going to work? Do we have to keep Roy around to make that happen? Use him as a recruiter and then dump him afterwards?

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
How good is this Zaitsev guy? Package deal with his teammate Radulov??

Really hope we're in on him with our sketchy depth. I originally thought our depth was great, but it has questions now. Judging by our trends of good FA, we probably don't have a shot in hell at him.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He has got huge respect around the league. But people are well aware of his decline. We wouldn't be able to expect anything good for him back. But getting rid of his 5.5M for next season would be very good.

Regardless of his decline in other areas, teams will always, always pony up for 30 goal scorers especially if at the trade deadline. We can expect at least a 1st round pick for Iginla.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Regardless of his decline in other areas, teams will always, always pony up for 30 goal scorers especially if at the trade deadline. We can expect at least a 1st round pick for Iginla.

Not with that extra year on his contract. If he is traded. I will be happy. But I wont blame Roy and Sakic if the return is meh.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Not with that extra year on his contract. If he is traded. I will be happy. But I wont blame Roy and Sakic if the return is meh.

Agree to disagree, but a player as respected as Iginla who proved last season he can still hit 30 (29 but I shall round for the sake of mathematics lol) will surely generate a 1st. If a player like David Perron could fetch a 1st, and I know I'm pinpointing one player here, but if he could get that, I see no reason why Iginla can't.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Agree to disagree, but a player as respected as Iginla who proved last season he can still hit 30 (29 but I shall round for the sake of mathematics lol) will surely generate a 1st. If a player like David Perron could fetch a 1st, and I know I'm pinpointing one player here, but if he could get that, I see no reason why Iginla can't.

Perron was 26 when Pens paid a 1st for him. That's quite a big difference.

But it's hard to predict what kind of trading deadline market we are going to have. We have seen very different prices in the last few years.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Perron was 26 when Pens paid a 1st for him. That's quite a big difference.

But it's hard to predict what kind of trading deadline market we are going to have. We have seen very different prices in the last few years.

Perron also wasn't/isn't as good of a player as Iginla is, though. So that cancels out the age factor since the better player is Jarome.

True, depends on injuries too if teams need a top-6/9 forward replacement

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Other teams might scout or watch video of him? His shot is nice, they'd still also have to pay and use him next year.

I can't wait until March 1st when pages are filled up around here complaining how Sakic passed up assets like firsts when Tanguay and Iginla are still here.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Other teams might scout or watch video of him? His shot is nice, they'd still also have to pay and use him next year.

I can't wait until March 1st when pages are filled up around here complaining how Sakic passed up assets like firsts when Tanguay and Iginla are still here.

And teams trading for him would have a need for him. Teams scouting or watching video of him will realize that he can still score goals in this league.

Only 15 players scored 30 goals last season, 21 players the year before, and 30 players the year before that. Didn't count the lockout shortened season but there were 27 players on pace for it that year, and only Ovechkin actually hit the mark.

He's not the same player he used to be, but teams needing goals will almost surely look to Jarome first IF he becomes available.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Expecting high picks in return for those two is very unrealistic. All I ask is that we don't get a repeat of Hejda from last year. Take whatever you can get for the veteran UFAs when you're out of the playoff race. That's of course if Tanguay is having a somewhat decent season at that point. If he keeps playing like he is now, I doubt anyone would want him for their playoff push.

Still a long way to go though.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't think Avs will trade Iginla either way. I think they'll hang on to him no matter what to tell themselves and us that they are still looking to contend next year.

I guess if Iginla asks for a trade it might happen.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I don't think Avs will trade Iginla either way. I think they'll hang on to him no matter what to tell themselves and us that they are still looking to contend next year.

I guess if Iginla asks for a trade it might happen.

I don't think he wants to move his family again. (Assuming they like it here)

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
What I'm wondering is how can teams like Stars afford, Benn, Seguin, Spezza, Sharp etc..

How can the Pens afford Crosby, Malkin, Kessel Letang etc..

And Avs can't afford to at least keep one of ROR or Stastny? They have to use AHLers and 4th liners on their top6.

Very mismanaged team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad