Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Outsider coming in peace

Who's up on the block for the Avalanche of Colorado, and what void is Super Joe trying to fill on this team?

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Outsider coming in peace

Who's up on the block for the Avalanche of Colorado, and what void is Super Joe trying to fill on this team?

Holden and ....Holden

We need scoring though. But I dont see us trading away picks for offense (even though I think they need to consider it)

Other than Holden...ummm Berra? Depending on the year the team has, Tanguay?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Hishon and Siemens would likely be available for other prospects. Can't say I love MTL's prospect pool depth though. Or that those two guys would have any value.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
We really need another guy who can score goals. I know I said this already but can we please trade for Boedker.

Sign Skille. Send Glencross packing asap. Trade Siemens and a 2nd for Boedker. Throw in Aiittokalio's rights as well since Arizona are weak in goaltending prospects.

I know we don't want rentals but we do need some offense. Matt Duchene cant play with guys like Comeau, Glencross and Mitchell anymore. Especially with IGinla at his age. Iginla will continue to be successful at what he does best (scoring goals) but nothing else. You cant have a guy like that as your second best player on your top line and then a 3rd/4th liner as the other guy.

Last edited:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
We really need another guy who can score goals. I know I said this already but can we please trade for Boedker.

Sign Skille. Send Glencross packing asap. Trade Siemens and a 2nd for Glencross. Throw in Aiittokalio's rights as well since Arizona are weak in goaltending prospects.

I know we don't want rentals but we do need some offense. Matt Duchene cant play with guys like Comeau, Glencross and Mitchell anymore. Especially with IGinla at his age. Iginla will continue to be successful at what he does best (scoring goals) but nothing else. You cant have a guy like that as your second best player on your top line and then a 3rd/4th liner as the other guy.

send glencross packing but then trade siemens and 2nd for him?

you meant boedker right?

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
First we need to give an extended chance to our current lineup.

Panicking and doing something stupid would be..... stupid. These guys can figure it out. If they can't, then ****, what have we got to gain in a rental anyway?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I actually just read on the Yotes board that one poster claims his brother lives with OEL and Boedker and that Boedker will definitely be signed in January. Not sure how much truth there is to it but if that's the case there goes that idea.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Radulov of course

What about this year though. We're running 3 scoring lines but don't even have 6 legit top 6 players. Something's gotta change. Or just put Tanguay with Duchene and Iggy but I think they need a better scorer.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
What about this year though. We're running 3 scoring lines but don't even have 6 legit top 6 players. Something's gotta change. Or just put Tanguay with Duchene and Iggy but I think they need a better scorer.

I was being more facetious and a bit snarky I suppose.

I just wanted to get the Radulov hope train started early since I anticipate when the Avs struggle offensively, it will quickly be at full steam. "Once we get Radulov...."

I don't think they will move for someone this season unless it is a deadline deal for a playoff chase.

Unless they get a steal of a deal, I think they will look for Grigs and Comeau to fit the holes or perhaps they make a move if things are looking down and a guy like Iggy or Tanguay ask to be sent to more of a contender.

I'm rarely correct, and not as wise as many of our posters, but just put my thoughts in the lineup thread FWIW

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Holden and ....Holden

We need scoring though. But I dont see us trading away picks for offense (even though I think they need to consider it)

Other than Holden...ummm Berra? Depending on the year the team has, Tanguay?

I see. Holden and Berra aren't very attractive.

Would Colorado be willing to upgrade on any one of their current top 6 veteran players by acquiring a young player that may not be as good now, but will turn into a top 6? I imagine that would be more ideal for the Avalanche of Colorado once their core hits their prime rather than having an aging player in their top 6. If so, who would be the top 6 most likely to go right now.

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Would the Flames be willing to upgrade on any one of their current top 6 veteran players by acquiring a young player that may not be as good now, but will turn into a top 6? I imagine that would be more ideal for the Flames once their core hits their prime rather than having an aging player in their top 6. If so, who would be the top 6 most likely to go right now.

You should ask this on the Flames board.

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
Oops, fixed.

Our only top 9 vets outside of the core right now are Iginla, Tanguay, and Comeau. Iggy and Tangs are likely sticking around because of their connection to Roy. Perhaps Tanguay could be a rental trade depending on how February looks for the team. Comeau just signed here so pretty unlikely he's leaving within the next year.

Other than that, you have Landeskog (Core/Captain), Duchene (Core), MacK (Core), Grigorenko (Not a vet, so not what you're looking for), Soderberg (just traded for and signed long term this summer), and Rantanen (Rookie).

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

I dunno, I think we have a decent combination of forwards when used correctly :

Rantanen-Duchene-Iginla
Landeskog-Soderberg-Comeau
Grigorenko-MacKinnon-Tanguay
McLeod-Mitchell-Skille/Everberg

There are a lot of different possible combinations but I like the idea of having Alex Tanguay on the 3rd line away from certain matchups. He single-handedly turned LAPPY into a 20 goal scorer his last year before being moved to Calgary. Imagine what he could do with Mack if they end up clicking. The Landy-Yeti line is more possession-based and can be a danger to score if other teams change their matchups and I still believe that Rantanen-Duchene will be incredible once it happens.

When this is done wrong is when you overload lines 1 & 2 and then leave say a 3rd line consisting of Rantanen-Grigorenko-Comeau. That line would be too inexperienced to do much damage and would likely end up getting pinned in their own zone way too often. It's about chemistry but it's also about balance, imo.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I dunno, I think we have a decent combination of forwards when used correctly :

Rantanen-Duchene-Iginla
Landeskog-Soderberg-Comeau
Grigorenko-MacKinnon-Tanguay
McLeod-Mitchell-Skille/Everberg

There are a lot of different possible combinations but I like the idea of having Alex Tanguay on the 3rd line away from certain matchups. He single-handedly turned LAPPY into a 20 goal scorer his last year before being moved to Calgary. Imagine what he could do with Mack if they end up clicking. The Landy-Yeti line is more possession-based and can be a danger to score if other teams change their matchups and I still believe that Rantanen-Duchene will be incredible once it happens.

When this is done wrong is when you overload lines 1 & 2 and then leave say a 3rd line consisting of Rantanen-Grigorenko-Comeau. That line would be too inexperienced to do much damage and would likely end up getting pinned in their own zone way too often. It's about chemistry but it's also about balance, imo.

Those are the exact lines I posted in the line combos thread. Definitely my favorite groups i've seen so far and the only way (imo) that you can spread it out over 3 lines properly.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Luckily Bickell is so overpaid Avs can't claim him. Big guy with rings is like catnip to them.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Those are the exact lines I posted in the line combos thread. Definitely my favorite groups i've seen so far and the only way (imo) that you can spread it out over 3 lines properly.

lol I didn`t even see the line combos thread...

I think it's going to have to be something like that (since it looks like MacKinnon is going to be playing center) maybe the option of swapping Rantanen with Grigorenko depending on what's working.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV

Would Colorado be willing to upgrade on any one of their current top 6 veteran players by acquiring a young player that may not be as good now, but will turn into a top 6? I imagine that would be more ideal for the Avalanche of Colorado once their core hits their prime rather than having an aging player in their top 6. If so, who would be the top 6 most likely to go right now.

Whom might the Senators of Ottawa be willing to trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad