Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I don't know what you expect, there isn't an endless salary cap just for the Avs. Why you're trying to compare this team's core with other teams who have won the cup RIGHT NOW is asinine. Why pinpoint the Hawks' core? Because that team has won 3 cups? Even before Kane and Toews got drafted that team's management was changing the culture and stockpiling and insane amount of youthful talent. It was the icing on the cake getting Toews and Kane.

Please, build me the Avs team keeping both Stastny and O'Reilly while also factoring in EJ, MacK, and Barrie extensions for next season. Please, I'd love to see what you come up with

They could of kept at least one, preferably ROR

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
So then show me the team and how it is constructed if you are confident they could have

If they didn't make stupid moves like Stuart signing they could afford to keep one, maybe not both Stastny and ROR but they could keep one

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Getting rid of bums doesn't mean their cap hit just vanishes, you have to pay someone to replace them. Sure its a nice idea to fill up half the roster full of holes with league minimum and ELCs but it doesn't work that way.

I know, trade Duchene and everything would have been just dandy. Never mind that we don't even know what it is going to take to sign Barrie and MacKinnon so to say they could have made it work is a little foolish at this point.

This is a conversation we've had numerous times, do we have to go around in circles again?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Barrie shouldn't be making more than 4 or 5 max, other than the 50 point season he hasn't done anything, and he's having a bad season this year. I wouldn't give him more than 4 mill a year at this point

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Barrie shouldn't be making more than 4 or 5 max, other than the 50 point season he hasn't done anything, and he's having a bad season this year. I wouldn't give him more than 4 mill a year at this point
And that pesky 38 points in 64 games season. Wouldn't want to forget that one, would you?

He started slow both those years too. I bet he finishes the year with plenty of points.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
And that pesky 38 points in 64 games season. Wouldn't want to forget that one, would you?

He started slow both those years too. I bet he finishes the year with plenty of points.

Still, he's a #3 or #4 guy shouldn't make more than 4 or 5, MacKinnon will get 7+

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If EJ the #1 guy on the team makes 6+ Barrie should be making 5 max, I'm saying that I wouldn't even give him 5, maybe 4+, but in reality he shouldn't make what EJ is making, so a 5 is what he'll get

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
If EJ the #1 guy on the team makes 6+ Barrie should be making 5 max, I'm saying that I wouldn't even give him 5, maybe 4+, but in reality he shouldn't make what EJ is making, so a 5 is what he'll get

I applaud the Avs if the lock up Barrie long term at anything below 6.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bob McKenzie on TSN just now:

"There are some teams who have expressed interest in Nikitin. Once he gets up to game speed (in the AHL), it is believed some teams, including maybe the Colorado Avalanche, have some interest in him."

He also said the Oilers know they'll likely have to take some salary back.

That would be just what we need. Another LHD to take minutes from Zadorov and/or Gormley.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Nikitin....maybe it's MacFarland. Or Sakic going nuts. Or a combination

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Could be a swap out for Stuart possibly? (If a trade were to, in fact, go down). Nikitin's contract ends after this year, that'd be one way to completely get out of Stuart's contract...although, not likely to happen because I doubt the Oilers want to take on that extra year.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Has Sakic made some missteps as GM? Yeah, no GM is perfect, but I think he's gotten better. He did get out of PAP's contract, got out of David Jones's contract. With Stuart starting the year as a Healthy Scratch, and it certainly appears as if they'd like to be rid of his contract...

I could see a scenario where they are shopping Stuart and wanting to get rid of all, or some, of his cap hit for next year.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Failing to build on a 112 point season and continue to improve is what Sakic has done wrong and that's big set back for this organization. And they're continuing to go backwards.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Failing to build on a 112 point season and continue to improve is what Sakic has done wrong and that's big set back for this organization. And they're continuing to go backwards.

Continuously seeing your posts today makes me feel that the Avs would be folded up if you ever had the opportunity to be the GM of the team.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Hopefully Bob says us because the myth is that we need defense. The absolute last thing we need to do is to bring in more bottom pairing defensemen. if its to get rid of Stuart's contract then yeah I'd get that. What do the Oilers need cap space for though?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The full transcript....

On if someone might take Nikita Nikitin’s contact off the hands of the Oilers:

“It’s possible. The Edmonton Oilers, they sent him down. They know they were done with him. But he’s got the remaining this season on a deal that pays him over $4 million a year.

“Now, there are teams that have expressed some interest to the Oilers about Nikitin. And the Oilers would love better than to rid themselves of the contract. They recognize they may have to take some money back. But some of the teams that are interested – Nikitin hasn’t played a lot down there. He had a work visa problem. He’s only played several games in the American Hockey League.

“Once he gets back up to game speed, it’s believed there are teams, including maybe the Colorado Avalanche, who have some interest in him.”

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/mckenzie-avs-others-may-have-trade-interest-in-nikitin/

I actually chuckled as I listened to him talk about how some team(s) might actually have interest in Nikitin. Then he named the Avs and it was no longer funny.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If Avs trade for Nikitin, I think me and Avs will need to have some time away from each other. That would mean our pro scouts aren't incompetent but sleeper agents for another team in Central.

I guess a switch for Stuart, where it's like the Briere/PaP switch where we lose two years of a bad contract for one year of a bad contract, would work.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Continuously seeing your posts today makes me feel that the Avs would be folded up if you ever had the opportunity to be the GM of the team.

They're not folded up right now? They're having as bad or worse of a season than last year and what can we look forward to next year and think they'll improve?

It's easy to be optimistic but I can't help to look at facts and the realism of things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad