Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
So I'm watching 10/10 Stars-Avs. All around a fun game to watch. It's a good reminder of why I don't hate Mitchell on the 4th line. He's pretty good there. I don't mind keeping him around unless there's some brilliant use of that salary elsewhere.

Also of note, that MacKinnon guy was pretty good early last season.

Also of

Mitchell is such a tease. And Roy will always fall for it.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Mitchell is such a tease. And Roy will always fall for it.

He is. He always has that one play that makes you think, "why isn't this guy top 6?" Then he goes and ruins it with his play the entire rest of the game. But even normal Mitchell is a quality 4th liner. Last years 4th line was actually one of the few spots we occasionally had an advantage on our opponents.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Every time I have a round of golf with Bryan Little, I am told about how we are constantly interested in him. He's not an arrogant guy and doesn't blow smoke. I believe it. Seems it wasn't just Sherman, our organization just rates him quite highly.

Also, had John Mitchell out as well, they just got their new puppy in Nebraska last week. Happy for him and Mia, I mentioned earlier this year how tough it was for them to put down their dog. John was really shaken up. Mentioned a few things but found it interesting that him and a lot of the guys were really happy for Grigs' new contract. They say he is a super likeable and humble guy, everybody is happy for his success.

FWIW, Winnik won again. Beat me by 3 strokes and less said about Mitchell the better, lol. Dan is an incredible golfer. Was amazing at tennis and basketball growing up as well. Can absolutely murder a ball from the fairway. Reaches in 2 on par 5s regularly. Monster.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Every time I have a round of golf with Bryan Little, I am told about how we are constantly interested in him. He's not an arrogant guy and doesn't blow smoke. I believe it. Seems it wasn't just Sherman, our organization just rates him quite highly.

Also, had John Mitchell out as well, they just got their new puppy in Nebraska last week. Happy for him and Mia, I mentioned earlier this year how tough it was for them to put down their dog. John was really shaken up. Mentioned a few things but found it interesting that him and a lot of the guys were really happy for Grigs' new contract. They say he is a super likeable and humble guy, everybody is happy for his success.

FWIW, Winnik won again. Beat me by 3 strokes and less said about Mitchell the better, lol. Dan is an incredible golfer. Was amazing at tennis and basketball growing up as well. Can absolutely murder a ball from the fairway. Reaches in 2 on par 5s regularly. Monster.

That's really cool you get to golf with some pros! Little is a really solid player who would be awesome on our team.

Remember that one time when Mitchell was our 1c against the Rangers lol... Good times

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
As was touched on earlier in this thread, I'm not expecting a lot from this team next year. But I am very excited for next summer for sure.

I think there's a pretty reasonable possibility the Avs end up finishing last in the division this year, and possibly in the bottom 5 or 6 in the league. The Central is just really strong and unless Roy makes some significant changes to his coaching style and his systems that he uses I just cant see us competing well within the central.

But, that will likely spell the end of Roy's time with the Avs meaning a new coach for the 2017/18 season as well as a lot of new faces on the roster I suspect. Rantanen will have a full season under his belt, Zadorov and Bigras are both likely permanent NHLers at that point, Compher and possibly Jost are on the team as well. Not to mention the possibility of us picking somewhere in the Top 7 or 8 next year again and getting another elite prospect added to the fold.

All I'm hoping for this season is some strong upward development from Bigras, Zadorov, and Grigorenko. And a solid Rookie season for Rantanen. Other then that I dont expect much this season and dont think we'll be seeing playoffs. Unless all of our core guys take a step forward and Mack especially can take a big step forward.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
You can tell every time Grigorenko either scored or assisted on the play that it meant just a little something extra to the team. They want to see him succeed in a major way, especially because the team probably sees the connection with Roy and they all probably realize that he's going to get pushed harder than most because of that.

I've always liked Little as a player, but hate the fact that he torches us every time we play the Jets. Maybe that's why this organization loves him lol. They see first hand what he can do to teams when on his game.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
FORWARDS (12)
Rightwing: M. Duchene ($6,000,000) - M. Rantanen ($894,167) - B. Comeau ($2,400,000) - J. Iginla ($5,333,333)
Centre: N. MacKinnon ($6,300,000) - C. Soderberg ($4,750,000) - J. Mitchell ($1,800,000)
Leftwing: M. Grigorenko ($1,300,000) - G. Landeskog ($5,571,429) - J. Colborne ($2,500,000) - C. McLeod ($1,333,333) - A. Martinsen ($640,000)

DEFENSE (7)
Right: E. Johnson ($6,000,000) - T. Barrie ($5,500,000) - F. Tyutin ($2,000,000)
Left: F. Beauchemin ($4,500,000) - N. Zadorov ($894,167) - E. Gelinas ($1,575,000) - P. Wiercioch ($800,000)

GOALTENDER (2)
S. Varlamov ($5,900,000) - C. Pickard ($1,000,000)

BUYOUTS
B. Stuart ($3,600,000)

DETAILS
Roster Size: 21
NHL Salary Cap: $73,000,000
Cap Hit: $70,591,429
Cap Space: $2,408,571

2.4 million in cap space, if Grimaldi and Bigras start in the AHL.

1.5mil, is that enough for Pirri? What other forwards could maybe be had? Trades?

I'd sign Spalling to a 1 year 1 mill contract. PK/Face-off man.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Well, now that's over I wonder how long until other fans start telling us Zadorov is on the block. There's always somebody.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Hudler would look very good with Landy and Soderberg. I don't think we can get him without moving Mitchell though.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Hudler would look very good with Landy and Soderberg. I don't think we can get him without moving Mitchell though.

He sure would be given every opportunity here for playing time. But man, that's a big decrease in pay.

Warriorpride1

Go Avs Go
Dec 2, 2014
Does anybody actually think the avs will go after someone else? I honestly think that the off season is done. But honestly who knows.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
UFA's left sorted by points:
https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/free-agents/2017/points/all/all/ufa

Given ages and declining ability...Pirri definitely still stands out as a guy who can be had cheap and can add an infusion of offense. I'll plug Justin Fontaine a bit as well, he's got a bit of offensive ability and scored 31 points in 71 games two years ago. Not a proper top 6 guy by any means but depth who can shotgun higher up in emergencies. Korpikoski could add some lower line depth.

Don't think another dman is in the cards, already 8 guys in the mix. I'd rather add some depth scoring up front.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
A little surprised to see Tanguay hasn't signed somewhere yet. Would be hilarious (but also awful for us) if he ended up back here somehow lol.

I'd really like to add Pirri. I wonder what is taking so long. The closer to training camp it gets, the more likely it is that the has to accept a PTO from a team instead of a guaranteed contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad