WC: 2024 Team USA

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
You think being on the ice for 22 goals against when you have no goalie is relevant? Teams pull the goalie to take the chance to score, so players turn the puck over pretty often when they are trying to force offense. If he were a worse player, he'd have a much better +/- because he wouldn't be used in EN situations...

Why don't we just include include his +/- in all situations then? He was +17. That's just as ridiculous as using EN goals.
It's always the Hughes brothers- the stuff people try to say about all of them over the years should have a thread on it's own...

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Work on the breakouts.

Switch up the 2nd and 3rd defensive pairs.

Great to see Zegras and Gaudreau get on the board.

Unlucky for Smith not to have 1g,1a in that one.

Hopefully Lyon is okay. Augustine was calm, cool, and collected in relief.

I hated Vlasic's game so much with the NTDP and BU that it's wild to see him now. He's a completely different player.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
well...depending on Lyon, maybe they are waiting to see if someone else comes from the 2nd round eliminations.

I wouldn't have added Brindley. NHL Americans who get knocked out of the playoffs very rarely choose to show up, but what if Quinn or M. Tkachuk were to get knocked out? Quite possible they'd show up if the team is doing well to play with their brothers.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Take the wins however they come. We played better but still have a ways to go. This team is just scratching the surface of what it can do. Power play got going, Gaudreau and Zegras looked better and got goals. Hope Lyon is okay...Great job for Augustine stepping in like that and holding the fort. All that is left is for Hughes to play like Ray Bourque and we are set!! Lol....

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Smith and Leonard should both be getting regular shifts over Kevin Hayes, who is just a black hole out there. Kunin can play 4C just fine, stick Leonard on his wing with Eyssimont and that trio can be a perfect grind line. Smith is showing he absolutely deserves to be in the top-9.

On defense, give Kesselring Perry’s minutes, Petry is just painful to watch. I do think Hughes should be sheltered a little bit more—every time he tried to bank the puck off the back end boards to escape forechecking pressure, I could imagine Sanderson heaving a sigh as the bad pass angle forced him to hustle to get to where the puck ended up before the second forechecker got to it.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I wouldn't have added Brindley. NHL Americans who get knocked out of the playoffs very rarely choose to show up, but what if Quinn or M. Tkachuk were to get knocked out? Quite possible they'd show up if the team is doing well to play with their brothers.
Me neither, always like to keep a spot open for the very reasons you said. The Lyon injury could throw a monkey wrench in everything if it is severe, but I don't think the gap is that big between Lyon and Nedeljkovic and Augustine..

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Not a super good performance and a 6-1 routine win against this pretty good German team. It already shows a big difference from last years teams. An important goal for Zegras. It is good to build on this.

Not my opinion. A reference to a previous discussion in this thread.
I was assuming that was your point but you never know when one assumes lol...

Reactions: Summer Rose

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If Carolina gets bounced today, they have a lot of Americans but unfortunately most are on defense. I don't see us even asking any other defenseman not named Quinn Hughes. The forwards they do have Jake Guentzel and Stefan Noesen are in need of new contracts, so that would be a no. The only other potential get is Jack Drury who I would 100% add if he wanted to play. I wouldn't even wait for other possible eliminations if that kid said he would come. Plays all forward positions, can help at center has skill but plays on a deep Carolina team.

Would anyone not want Jack Drury to take the last spot if they don't register Brindley??

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
If Carolina gets bounced today, they have a lot of Americans but unfortunately most are on defense. I don't see us even asking any other defenseman not named Quinn Hughes. The forwards they do have Jake Guentzel and Stefan Noesen are in need of new contracts, so that would be a no. The only other potential get is Jack Drury who I would 100% add if he wanted to play. I wouldn't even wait for other possible eliminations if that kid said he would come. Plays all forward positions, can help at center has skill but plays on a deep Carolina team.

Would anyone not want Jack Drury to take the last spot if they don't register Brindley??
I’d take Drury over Brindley.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
What would‘ve been the best roster the USA could‘ve iced with players from the NHL teams which are out now, if everyone reported and players without major injuries would‘ve reported?

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I don't get the vitriol. Young player, yes. Developing, yes. Playing well today, no.

It's not nonsense to suggest he's having a rough game, and has absolutely no bearing on his overall body of work.

Anyway, here's to a better period.

Can't speak for all the Hughes detractors - my issue is the sense of deference and double standards shown towards the Hughes brothers by both the Devils and apparently USA Hockey.

While others forge their craft in either college, junior or minor league hockey, both Jack and Luke were gifted prime roles when their games were not yet deserving of such roles.

Similarly, while others face consequences for turnovers or missed assignments, those same standards don't apply to them.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Can't speak for all the Hughes detractors - my issue is the sense of deference and double standards shown towards the Hughes brothers by both the Devils and apparently USA Hockey.

While others forge their craft in either college, junior or minor league hockey, both Jack and Luke were gifted prime roles when their games were not yet deserving of such roles.

Similarly, while others face consequences for turnovers or missed assignments, those same standards don't apply to them.
You know fully well that in NJ there just wasn’t anyone better suited for Luke’s role. I’m sure if Hamilton is healthy and Siegenthaler isn’t hurt on and off that Luke is only on the second power play and playing third pair minutes at even strength. It’s not his fault thr defense fell apart for NJ this season. It’s easy to fall in love with his skill set and lose sight that he has more work to do in order to round out his game.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Alex Lyon's tournament is over.

Primeau?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Alex Lyon's tournament is over.

Primeau?
No clue what they do here. This was worst case scenario. Lyon might have been shaky but at least he faced NHL talent the past year plus. They have to get another goalie here for sure but if Primeau wanted to come you think he would have been here over Augustine already. I don't know Woll's situation...really sucks he got hurt or sick or whatever happened.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
I don't think you can replace registered players. 3 GK is maximum. At least I couldn't find something in the regulations which would allow to replace injured players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad