Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If you overpay Yandle, then trade Barrie, are you a better team?
Yandle + Barrie return > Barrie? Guess it depends on the $$$... :dunno:

Yandle > Barrie so yes.

Money is the issue there though. Plus Barrie is already part of the team and has his on qualities both on and off the ice so who knows how it really affects the team.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't know about the leader part unless we're talking about leading the team off the ice during a national anthem or some other ceremony but Radulov's talent would certainly be welcomed. You can't say no to someone like that when it isn't going to cost the team any assets. Just keep it a short-term deal to be on the safe side.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Gotta believe after those comments we're probably the heavy favorites for Radulov. If even the players know that Roy and Sakic want him on the team next year it probably means they're going to do what it takes to get him. And we know Radulov probably favors the Avs and Roy more then any other team.

Just a matter of dotting the I's and Crossing the T's with the contract stuff I think.

I dunno how I feel about Rads myself. No doubt he's a top 10 player in the world when he's giving it 100%. But its gonna be up to Roy to make sure he gives it 100% every game. And I also hope his personality doesn't have an effect on the dressing room.

At the very least it would make next year a pretty fun year to watch. We'd have a ridiculous Top 6.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
If there's anything more appropriate than our hot headed coach being joined by this disgrace to hockey, I can't imagine it.

EDIT:

Sounds like Varly was given clear instructions to recruit the **** out of Rads.

Here's the article if anyone wants to translate it.

http://www.sport-express.ru/hockey/nhl/reviews/991695/

I'll try my best.

Varly talks about getting used to playing on the larger ice. Won't really discuss the Olympics in Sochi. Going to be interesting going to World Cup and no training camp. Talks about he likes MMA, UFC a lot. Asked if he would fight then, said he's thought about it against Philadelphia once before but needs to really prepare if he's going to do it. Really liked the outdoor game, too bad they lost. Why did they have a bad season in Colorado, bad start and then lost MacKinnon and Duchene. Roy is an emotional guy but never loses it on them, tries to help them. Asked about the court case, says thankful it is over and was a nightmare, he won and now can focus on hockey. Can happen to anyone in the US with the laws they have. Talks about Grigo doing well this season, it was hard on him being on the 4th line but really started to shine when playing with MacKinnon and Duchene. If he continues that way will have a great future. Zadorov now, talks about the hit from Wilson and it even scared him (Varly) and how it was incredible he was back with them 3 days later. Very talented guy, great progress, needs to listen to Roy more. If he sticks to the system more and doesn't free style as much he (Varly) told him (Z) that he will stay in the lineup. Talks about Ovi, best shot in the league and how he tries to stop him. Washington beat Avs pretty badly, team looks great. Likes Holtby, said he had to improve mentally but has done that. Should win the Vezina or even the Hart, he would give the Hart to Kane or Ovi as well.

Radulov stuff.

One other part, rougher translation. Looks like the "he can call Roy" quote but also says he will help persuade.

Damn, that was a long interview. Ok, I'm done now.

TVA Sports with the Radulov/avs story

http://www.tvasports.ca/2016/04/22/radulov-avec-lavalanche

They are saying the exact same thing as the quotes above , nothing new .

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I don't know about the leadership part unless we're talking about leading the team off the ice during a national anthem or some other ceremony but Radulov's talent would certainly be welcomed. You can't say no to someone like that when it isn't going to cost the team any assets. Just keep it a short-term deal to be on the safe side.

I'm not sure if leadership would be the right word. But I really do think his attitude would be a much welcomed addition.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't know about the leader part unless we're talking about leading the team off the ice during a national anthem or some other ceremony but Radulov's talent would certainly be welcomed. You can't say no to someone like that when it isn't going to cost the team any assets. Just keep it a short-term deal to be on the safe side.

:laugh:

This team needs a player like Radulov in the worst way. Someone with swagger regardless of a win or loss who doesn't take **** from anyone. This team still lacks an identity. I don't care if they become the league's biggest a-holes as their identity, as long as it's something together as a team.

Now, all of this will mean absolutely nothing if Nick Holden is still playing 23-25 minutes next season as a #4 defensemen, so we're going to have to temper expectations a bit.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm not sure if leadership would be the right word. But I really do think his attitude would be a much welcomed addition.

I agree. His refuse to lose attitude would be a nice addition. Maybe cool it a bit with the temper tantrums though. I don't know if that's a common thing or something that happens once in a while and then blows up online but we've seen it a few times now.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
If you overpay Yandle, then trade Barrie, are you a better team?
Yandle + Barrie return > Barrie? Guess it depends on the $$$... :dunno:

Exactly. It depends on how big the overpayment is, and more importantly what Barrie returns.

Especially if Barrie in some way returns a cheaper (after his raise) Hamonic, or a much cheaper Drouin.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The one time he was saying that [Alexander] Radulov in Halifax was skating right by them, jumping on the boards with the Russian flag. [Canadian] guys were real close to leaving the blueline and go take a run at him," Duchene said

Smell ya later, Dutchy. This is Rads' team now. This is no place for beef with teammates!

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Exactly. It depends on how big the overpayment is, and more importantly what Barrie returns.

Especially if Barrie in some way returns a cheaper (after his raise) Hamonic, or a much cheaper Drouin.

We want both!!

So here's where we are.
- Sign Rads for 4.5 because he loves us.
- Sign Yandle for 6m because **** it.
- Trade Barrie for Hamonic + Dal Colle.
- Flip Dal Colle along with 10th overall for Drouin
- Dump Iginla, Mitchell and Holden
- Sign JTC and offer him a full time NHL position.

Grigorenko Duchene Radulov
Landeskog Mackinnon Drouin
Rantanen Soderberg Comeau
McLeod Compher Everberg

Yandle Hamonic
Bigras EJ
Zadorov Beauchemin

692.gif

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
We want both!!

So here's where we are.

McLeod Compher Everberg

Yandle Hamonic
Bigras EJ
Zadorov Beauchemin

That's essentially my dream off season, though it doesn't have to be Yandle. If they can make some of those moves I'l be happy.

The strategy for fixing the D is fluid though. It's multifold, so the secondary moves are dependent on the first move. Like do they trade Barrie and need to replace his production, or do they bring in Hamonic, etc.

I think they figure the first part out by the draft, and then adjust accordingly in UFA.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm pretty sure it was Kovalchuk. Radulov was just one of the guys who left and then Duchene made some comment about him afterwards.

Kovy led them off. Rads didn't play that game.

Duchene was relaying a Spezza story from the past that rubbed the Canadian team the wrong way when Russia won. Essentialy saying they should have taken the loss like men if they react like that when they win.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Friedman......

On if he thinks Tyson Barrie, Sami Vatanen, or Justin Faulk would be available via trade:

“I would say this. I think in Anaheim, one of their young defensemen is going to get moved. I just don’t know if they’ve decided which one it’s going to be. For a long time, I thought last year it was going to be Cam Fowler. And then this year, when they were a nightmare early in the year, Cam Fowler was their best player. I know that it changed their opinion of him.

“So I think that Anaheim, at the end of the season, will sit down, do their player evaluations, decide who’s going to be signable and who isn’t, and make their decision then.

“Tyson Barrie, absolutely – I think for the right deal he’s available. I know this year Colorado had a lot of issues trying to get him signed, and at one point I got the sense they were really doubtful it would happen. So I do think that he’s available.

“Justin Faulk is an interesting one. My initial response would be I can’t imagine it. He’s a big-time scorer, and he’s got a great contract. If I’m looking at that from a team point of view, it’s a great deal. I would tell you I think anybody could be traded, but I think that’s an unbelievable deal if Carolina’s doing that.”

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/friedman-barrie-available-for-the-right-deal/

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
We want both!!

So here's where we are.

McLeod Compher Everberg

Yandle Hamonic
Bigras EJ
Zadorov Beauchemin

- Dump McLeod and re-sign Matthias

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Kovy led them off. Rads didn't play that game.

Duchene was relaying a Spezza story from the past that rubbed the Canadian team the wrong way when Russia won. Essentialy saying they should have taken the loss like men if they react like that when they win.

My bad. I thought for sure he was one of the guys on the ice but I guess not. I saw an opportunity for that joke and I took it. I'm sorry, Radulov. :laugh:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I feel like they'll definitely make some relatively big addition/change on defense. They're not stupid, they've known the D is their achiles heel the last three years. They've tried to get by on stop gaps, and watched it not work three years in a row.

They can't afford the patient route anymore, and Bigras and Z didn't take big enough steps this season to make them think they're ready for a big role next year.

I think they swing for the fences (somewhat) on D this year. A big trade for a legit top 4 guy or an overpayment in free agency to guarantee themselves a D man.

The progress in Zads & Bigras from last September to this one alone will amount to a big change on defense, especiall if the forward system is re-worked & more helpful next season.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Radulov is a piece we can't let slip away. I don't feel he's the typical UFA where overpayment and competing with teams will be required. We've courted him for a while now, his buddies want him here, Roy wants him here, I would have to believe he sees the opportunity in good light. Not sure what numbers it would take, but as an example, I believe he'd take $5m AAV from us over $6m AAV from somebody else. Now, a crazy offer is hard for anybody to refuse, but I firmly believe he would choose us if the money isn't a big difference.

I really can't explain how happy I'll be if we bring him in to play with our core; these kids could learn so much from the way he plays. Even with all of our issues Roy's right to say that we could've been a playoff team if our best players had played their best down the stretch. And Radulov has the exact sort of Bravado this team lacked when the they needed to be at their best.

That confidence to continue to create in the biggest moments, alone, would have pushed us ahead of the Wild.

I agree. His refuse to lose attitude would be a nice addition. Maybe cool it a bit with the temper tantrums though. I don't know if that's a common thing or something that happens once in a while and then blows up online but we've seen it a few times now.

When he was younger it was more the former, by now it's absolutely the latter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad