Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
I think we'd see Rads next to MacK.

Yay the Grigo-Duchene-Iggy line will stay intact! Duchene better have a legitimate linemates this upcoming year. I'd personally want:

Landy-MacK-Rantanen
Grigo-Duchene-Radulov
Matthias-Soda-Comeau

People like Mitchell and Holden need to go. Depth players making too much money that can be replaced by half the price and the exact same talent level (If not, most likely better)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Some people I tell you. It's obvious that the Avs are going to waive him.

I was thinking a buyout...

The only trade that would shock me this summer is MacK. He is the one player I think the Avs will hold on to no matter what. Anybody else could probably be had.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Roy's Russian Revolution...I'm ready for it. Varlamov. Grigorenko. Zadorov. Radulov. Heck, bring Mironov over, seems like his nasty style would really put us over the top with hate-able Russians.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Roy's Russian Revolution...I'm ready for it. Varlamov. Grigorenko. Zadorov. Radulov. Heck, bring Mironov over, seems like his nasty style would really put us over the top with hate-able Russians.

And bring this punchable face in to coach the defense

GettyImages-56884366.0.jpg

I truly believe he's Mironov's biological father anyway by the way he plays :laugh:

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Who freaking knows. I could see him signing a short 3 million deal, or I could see him demanding 8 million.

Yep. I'm very curious just to see how much he gets. Though I don't think he will demand anything. There was a comment months back about him knowing he won't get a big paycheck. But a bidding war could drive the price up really high.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Here's the article if anyone wants to translate it.

http://www.sport-express.ru/hockey/nhl/reviews/991695/

I'll try my best.

Varly talks about getting used to playing on the larger ice. Won't really discuss the Olympics in Sochi. Going to be interesting going to World Cup and no training camp. Talks about he likes MMA, UFC a lot. Asked if he would fight then, said he's thought about it against Philadelphia once before but needs to really prepare if he's going to do it. Really liked the outdoor game, too bad they lost. Why did they have a bad season in Colorado, bad start and then lost MacKinnon and Duchene. Roy is an emotional guy but never loses it on them, tries to help them. Asked about the court case, says thankful it is over and was a nightmare, he won and now can focus on hockey. Can happen to anyone in the US with the laws they have. Talks about Grigo doing well this season, it was hard on him being on the 4th line but really started to shine when playing with MacKinnon and Duchene. If he continues that way will have a great future. Zadorov now, talks about the hit from Wilson and it even scared him (Varly) and how it was incredible he was back with them 3 days later. Very talented guy, great progress, needs to listen to Roy more. If he sticks to the system more and doesn't free style as much he (Varly) told him (Z) that he will stay in the lineup. Talks about Ovi, best shot in the league and how he tries to stop him. Washington beat Avs pretty badly, team looks great. Likes Holtby, said he had to improve mentally but has done that. Should win the Vezina or even the Hart, he would give the Hart to Kane or Ovi as well.

Radulov stuff.

We are waiting for it eagerly . If he comes in , "Colorado" , it will be one of the key players on the team , especially useful in the majority, what we lack . I hope he goes to us and will help to win the Stanley Cup .

One other part, rougher translation. Looks like the "he can call Roy" quote but also says he will help persuade.

Damn, that was a long interview. Ok, I'm done now.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I certainly hope this happens. I'm not expecting a big change on defense, so a free top 6 winger would be glorious.

I feel like they'll definitely make some relatively big addition/change on defense. They're not stupid, they've known the D is their achiles heel the last three years. They've tried to get by on stop gaps, and watched it not work three years in a row.

They can't afford the patient route anymore, and Bigras and Z didn't take big enough steps this season to make them think they're ready for a big role next year.

I think they swing for the fences (somewhat) on D this year. A big trade for a legit top 4 guy or an overpayment in free agency to guarantee themselves a D man.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Sounds like Malamud left out some important pieces. He made it sounds more like Varlamov was saying "when" Radulov comes to Colorado as opposed to "if".

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Overpayment in free agency sounds like a horrible idea to me. There's not a whole lot appealing out there. Throw in Roy and Sakic saying they don't like July 1st, and that they aren't going to go crazy on that day, and I don't expect that.

Maybe the trade thing happens, but defensemen are so hard to acquire, we've seen it for several years now. Even a 2nd pairing guy costs an arm and a leg. I'm not going to go into the summer expecting a trade for a top 4 guy. And no, I don't think trading Barrie for a different D is the answer either.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Yandle and Goligoski are two names out there that I think would improve the Avs blueline if they could be acquired via FA but as usual the problem will be that you have to pay an arm and a leg to bring in those kind of FAs.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yandle gives me a Vince Mcmahon reaction but I know he costs too much. Nobody else really likes him either.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
What about Jason Demers? I feel he's a good top 4 option. Demers with EJ and Beauch with Barrie would be a good top 4

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Demers is by far the best option all things considered.

Not if money is one of those things considered. I keep seeing people saying he will get 5mil plus. If that's the case it would be a horrible option.

I think staying away from overpriced UFA's is the best option. If you're going to dish out 5-5.5 for Demers or goligoski just pay the extra mil and get Yandle.

detrude

(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻
Apr 23, 2007
I feel like they'll definitely make some relatively big addition/change on defense. They're not stupid, they've known the D is their achiles heel the last three years. They've tried to get by on stop gaps, and watched it not work three years in a row.

They can't afford the patient route anymore, and Bigras and Z didn't take big enough steps this season to make them think they're ready for a big role next year.

I think they swing for the fences (somewhat) on D this year. A big trade for a legit top 4 guy or an overpayment in free agency to guarantee themselves a D man.

Absolutely the wrong way to go, but unfortunately this is probably what happens if we sign Radulov. Radulov would be a great addition, but he doesn't turn this team from bubble pretender to winner. We're not going to fix the team in one summer, especially if we're overpaying a UFA or trading another core player for a defender. We've already proven this twice. We need to give our guys an opportunity to play and grow, otherwise focusing on drafting and development is pointless. Yes, fans are tired of losing and the Roykic era is entering year 4 (of a 5 year plan) with nothing to show, but don't make stupid short term decisions.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Overpayment in free agency sounds like a horrible idea to me. There's not a whole lot appealing out there. Throw in Roy and Sakic saying they don't like July 1st, and that they aren't going to go crazy on that day, and I don't expect that.

Maybe the trade thing happens, but defensemen are so hard to acquire, we've seen it for several years now. Even a 2nd pairing guy costs an arm and a leg. I'm not going to go into the summer expecting a trade for a top 4 guy. And no, I don't think trading Barrie for a different D is the answer either.

Absolutely the wrong way to go, but unfortunately this is probably what happens if we sign Radulov. Radulov would be a great addition, but he doesn't turn this team from bubble pretender to winner. We're not going to fix the team in one summer, especially if we're overpaying a UFA or trading another core player for a defender. We've already proven this twice. We need to give our guys an opportunity to play and grow, otherwise focusing on drafting and development is pointless. Yes, fans are tired of losing and the Roykic era is entering year 4 (of a 5 year plan) with nothing to show, but don't make stupid short term decisions.

Depends on the player, and how big the overpayment is. They can't go into every season hoping to get good defenseman and then not fixing the problem because they don't like the pice in dollar or trade. UFA's get overpaid, and Good D men are near impossible to trade for.

The Avs need a lot of help on the blueline, and their prospects are too young to be relied upon in a big role. With the cap stagnating this year and handcuffing a lot of teams, this will probably be the cheapest UFA year in a while, so if they're handing out an overpayment it might as well be this year.

Every good team has overpayments on their roster. Aside from Iggy who only has one year left on his, and may be moved anyway, the Avs have a lot of decent deals on their roster. Beauch might become a problem his last year, but so far he isn't.

Bottom line is the young core on this team needs playoff experience. The owner needs playoff revenue. The casual fans need the playoffs to stay interested in this team. This can't be another stop gap year, they have to fix the D, and if that includes an overpayment so be it. Otherwise everyone from fans to ownership needs to be ok with missing the playoffs another couple of years till their prospects are ready to carry a big role.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
If you overpay Yandle, then trade Barrie, are you a better team?
Yandle + Barrie return > Barrie? Guess it depends on the $$$... :dunno:

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Radulov is a piece we can't let slip away. I don't feel he's the typical UFA where overpayment and competing with teams will be required. We've courted him for a while now, his buddies want him here, Roy wants him here, I would have to believe he sees the opportunity in good light. Not sure what numbers it would take, but as an example, I believe he'd take $5m AAV from us over $6m AAV from somebody else. Now, a crazy offer is hard for anybody to refuse, but I firmly believe he would choose us if the money isn't a big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad