Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
They communicate because it's Roy's job to do so. That hardly means anything. Several GMs have likely communicated with Radulov. This connection between the two is being so overblown. We're automatically a contender to land the best player outside of the NHL because he had some nice things to say about his junior coach from a decade ago? It's hilarious that you speak of these three 20 year olds as if it will somehow influence Rads decision to sign in Colorado. He's a grown man and a seasoned vet he doesn't care about that. He wants to get paid and he wants to win. Unfortunately, Colorado can hardly provide those two things.

So lets list the teams you speak of.

Which teams offer an opportunity to win AND
Money (id assume 5M) AND
70+ point players to play with since 60ish wasn't good enough.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If he wants to go to a true contender they won't be able to pay him. I see the Avs linked for good reason but am not counting on having it happen. Avs don't exactly close many big deals ya know? The Avs have been in contact, have an obvious spot for him, can pay him somewhat decently, there's a connection to Roy there. They are good reasons but there will be other pitches elsewhere.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If he wants to go to a true contender they won't be able to pay him. I see the Avs linked for good reason but am not counting on having it happen. Avs don't exactly close many big deals ya know? The Avs have been in contact, have an obvious spot for him, can pay him somewhat decently, there's a connection to Roy there. They are good reasons but there will be other pitches elsewhere.

Which is why all I've ever claimed is that we're one of the likeliest teams to get him to make an NHL return, not a lock.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Grigo is on his way out? Radulov and Grigo have a bit of a relationship as they stand. Varly has rumors, but so do a lot of other players on the Avs.

I don't even know what to say to you there... MacK is very highly regarded around the hockey world. Duchene also has a pretty good reputation. And 60 point players are nothing to scoff at.

Hadn't known about Grigo and Rad. Nice to hear.

Yes, there are many rumours but it seems certain one of the goaltenders will be moved soon. If they do trust in Calvin I can see them going with him considering the youth he brings and the fact that Varly would have a better return. Not that I agree with it. I still consider Varlamov to be our best player.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I guess I'm just hesitant to put stock into a few personal calls between our GM and Radulov. Personal connection or not.

In terms of actual incentive there isn't much we can offer that several other teams can't offer as well.

Being a fan of this team has obviously made me defensive. Trying not get my hopes up clearly.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

I think this is pretty spot on. The top echelon teams like Chicago, LA, Washington, Pittsburgh don't have the cap space to sign any huge contracts.

So basically it comes down to Radulov and what he wants does he want to play for a minimal salary and have a good chance at a Cup or does he want a higher salary and a lower shot at the Cup.

I also agree that the Avs haven't been very good at closing the deal on big time UFAs. So at this point I feel it's kind of a crap shoot with Radulov and the Avs.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think there are really 3 teams that would pay up for Radulov and that he would consider... Isles, Habs, and Avs. All have pros and cons.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think this is pretty spot on. The top echelon teams like Chicago, LA, Washington, Pittsburgh don't have the cap space to sign any huge contracts.

So basically it comes down to Radulov and what he wants does he want to play for a minimal salary and have a good chance at a Cup or does he want a higher salary and a lower shot at the Cup.

I also agree that the Avs haven't been very good at closing the deal on big time UFAs. So at this point I feel it's kind of a crap shoot with Radulov and the Avs.

Iggy, Beauch, and Soda were amongst the biggest targets at their respective positions in their respective offseasons. We've had to hand out extra term to close the deal with big time UFAs, but Roykic have actually pulled pretty well.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Therrien & Radulov could start their feud even before the contract-signing!

Though I can definitely see Rads wanting to play in Montreal, and them pony'ing up the money for him.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Iggy, Beauch, and Soda were amongst the biggest targets at their respective positions in their respective offseasons. We've had to hand out extra term to close the deal with big time UFAs, but Roykic have actually pulled pretty well.

They were big fish right up until the moment the Avs signed them. Then they were washed up and overpaid.

I don't buy into the media hates the Avs conspiracy. But the backpeddling on Iginla and Beauchemin was hilarious.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Radulov-Tarasenko will terrorize the NHL next year.

Dear god could you imagine. If Hitchcock had a clue and actually played Staz with them instead of Lehtera we would probably see two 85 point players and Staz would probably pot 75 himself.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
People saying team don't have the money, but if Radulov in the eyes of NHL GMs is truly one of the best players in the world and wants to come to your team, you make room.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
People saying team don't have the money, but if Radulov in the eyes of NHL GMs is truly one of the best players in the world and wants to come to your team, you make room.

Teams see him as one of the best players, they also see him as a huge potential cancer. The latter scares off a lot of teams.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011

This is how I see it as well. We don't have loads of cap room either.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
How does everyone feel about Killorn in Tampa?

Personally, I have liked his game of the past couple of years now especially in the playoffs. He's a good versatile guy who can slot in anywhere in the Top 9 and produces like a decent 2nd liner. Tampa fans think he will be a cap casualty of theres this year and are hoping to get a late 1st for him, but I dont think he'll get quite that much.

I would move our 2nd for him, but if we also traded for Drouin, I'd like to find a way to bring Killorn over in that trade as well. Perhaps if it ends up being Barrie for Drouin+, the + could be Killorn and another piece along with it or something.

I think Rantanen, Duchene(If we keep him) and Killorn would make for a fantastic line next year. Great combination of Size and Skill. Then you put Drouin and Mack together on a line, and Landy/Soderberg on another line.

We'd have to find a way to replace Barrie on Defense though. It would definitely leave me more inclined to drafting Sergachev, Chychrun or Fabbro at the draft this year as well.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
They communicate because it's Roy's job to do so. That hardly means anything. Several GMs have likely communicated with Radulov. This connection between the two is being so overblown. We're automatically a contender to land the best player outside of the NHL because he had some nice things to say about his junior coach from a decade ago? It's hilarious that you speak of these three 20 year olds as if it will somehow influence Rads decision to sign in Colorado. He's a grown man and a seasoned vet he doesn't care about that. He wants to get paid and he wants to win. Unfortunately, Colorado can hardly provide those two things.

This.

I'm willing to bet that, wherever he signs, being in the playoffs will be important to him.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
How does everyone feel about Killorn in Tampa?

Personally, I have liked his game of the past couple of years now especially in the playoffs. He's a good versatile guy who can slot in anywhere in the Top 9 and produces like a decent 2nd liner. Tampa fans think he will be a cap casualty of theres this year and are hoping to get a late 1st for him, but I dont think he'll get quite that much.

I would move our 2nd for him, but if we also traded for Drouin, I'd like to find a way to bring Killorn over in that trade as well. Perhaps if it ends up being Barrie for Drouin+, the + could be Killorn and another piece along with it or something.

I think Rantanen, Duchene(If we keep him) and Killorn would make for a fantastic line next year. Great combination of Size and Skill. Then you put Drouin and Mack together on a line, and Landy/Soderberg on another line.

We'd have to find a way to replace Barrie on Defense though. It would definitely leave me more inclined to drafting Sergachev, Chychrun or Fabbro at the draft this year as well.

I like him a lot, but feel like he would supplant either Comeau or Matthias, so I don't see that happening. All 3 are too good for the 4th line and if Drouin comes too, I'm not sure there is room for Killorn

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I like him a lot, but feel like he would supplant either Comeau or Matthias, so I don't see that happening. All 3 are too good for the 4th line and if Drouin comes too, I'm not sure there is room for Killorn

Yea I do think if we brought in Killorn Matthias wouldn't be re-signed. But I like Killorn a lot more so I would be ok with that. We could be looking at a Top 9 of:

Killorn - Duchene - Rantanen
Landy - Soderberg - Comeau
Drouin - Mack - Grigorenko

Only problem is we'd need to find a way to replace Barrie on Defense, but I think that's doable through a Varly trade or perhaps free agency(Yandle).

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Yea I do think if we brought in Killorn Matthias wouldn't be re-signed. But I like Killorn a lot more so I would be ok with that. We could be looking at a Top 9 of:

Killorn - Duchene - Rantanen
Landy - Soderberg - Comeau
Drouin - Mack - Grigorenko

Only problem is we'd need to find a way to replace Barrie on Defense, but I think that's doable through a Varly trade or perhaps free agency(Yandle).

I think Killorn's contract would cost twice as much as Matthias, and I'm not sure I like him that much more. considering other needs

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
2d9psaa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad