Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
oy vey here we go. I thought it was gonna be a quiet summer.

we got the lottery, Stamkos drama, Draft drama, Vesey shenanigans, and now Radulov.

and then the World cup.

Avalanche2133

May 16, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
I know it's been mentioned before, but isn't there a pretty big issue with Barries dad and the Lightning? Can't remember what it is but wasn't he a high up with them at one point and kind of screwed them over somehow? Sounds like if there was one team Barrie wouldn't go to, it's Tampa. Even though it would work out great as he's the type of player they are looking for.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I know it's been mentioned before, but isn't there a pretty big issue with Barries dad and the Lightning? Can't remember what it is but wasn't he a high up with them at one point and kind of screwed them over somehow? Sounds like if there was one team Barrie wouldn't go to, it's Tampa. Even though it would work out great as he's the type of player they are looking for.

His dad was one of the co-owners at one point and it was a disaster. As for screwing people over, there's a long list of that and it's probably what Len Barrie does best. Just google him and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Having said that, I don't know if that would have any impact on Tyson. What happened with his dad has nothing to do with him. He would be a great fit on that team but he's a great fit here too. Hopefully we can get him extended.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I think if the avs can get Radulov locked down to a contract, Id want the avs to move Barrie for Hamonic. Not necessarily 1 for 1. But I think it gives us a better make up of defense while also getting a forward boost.

Completely solidifies the RW position with Rantanen and Radulov. Centers are good for lines 1, 2 and 3 and all that's really lacking is a top 6 LW. But Grigo can definitely slot in there.

On D, I think it gives us more balanced pairs but more importantly, makes it easier to pair one of the rooks with Hamonic.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
I stand by my long held position that I will be very surprised if Radulov ends up in Colorado. I think if he returns to the NHL he'll want to play for an immediate contender which is not the Avs.

I don't think it's impossible he ends up here, I'll just be very surprised.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I stand by my long held position that I will be very surprised if Radulov ends up in Colorado. I think if he returns to the NHL he'll want to play for an immediate contender which is not the Avs.

That's nice. I'll continue to stand by my position that we're one of the most likely teams to land him.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
That's nice. I'll continue to stand by my position that we're one of the most likely teams to land him.

Why do you think that? Because of Roy? He played for him for 2 junior seasons 10 years ago...

I'd also be very surprised he signs here considering how bad this team is and how bad of a coach Roy actually is in the NHL.

This team is already a dumpster fire mentally. Adding a guy like Radulov into the mix would be a disaster.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

I'd say we are one of the top contenders to land him. The Roy connection is just too much to ignore. Plus we are really weak on the wings and Roy knows this. What better way to get better on the wings then by adding one of the best players in the world. I fully believe we will make a hard push for Radulov and will likely be one of the final 3 teams he is choosing between.

If somehow the Avs could figure out a way financially speaking to get Radulov and Boedker on the team next year we'd be in a good position.

A top 6 of:

Boedker-MacK-Rantanen
Landeskog-Duchene-Radulov

would be pretty stout. Sadly I don't think it's possible unless we find a chump to take Iginla off our hands with no salary retention or salary coming back. Unless Radulov signs for like 3M which isn't happening in a million years.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I see that my week break from the main board trade forum hasn't changed anything. Still multiple teams fans making piss ass poor attempts to acquire Duchene.

Got to love those well I want a top 20 center in the league, but I don't want to give up any of our top players, top prospects or 1st round picks... how can we make a deal, type offers.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
And the Avs have an abundance of Russians. :naughty:

Roy and Radulov's relationship is pretty well known, Roy is probably one of the only people with the front office power and willingness to get Radulov a good offer, 1st line minute with Duchene/MacK are up for grabs, Russians on the team, etc... I see lots of reasons Radulov would choose the Avs.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Why do you think that? Because of Roy? He played for him for 2 junior seasons 10 years ago...

I'd also be very surprised he signs here considering how bad this team is and how bad of a coach Roy actually is in the NHL.

This team is already a dumpster fire mentally. Adding a guy like Radulov into the mix would be a disaster.

Just incase you don't feel like re-reading any of the thousand times we've gone over this before, here's the bullet points. Radulov has described Roy as a father figure. Radulov has also mentioned that they still communicate regularly and the topic of him joining our team this summer, specifically, has come up; which he admitted to having to seriously consider. Radulov would be exactly what this team needs psychologically, his passion & the confident fieriness with which he plays is exactly what we've lacked. We're one of the best fits for him to thrive & re-write his NHL legacy...which would be the driving motivation behind an NHL return for him.

And this bad team was on the cusp of a playoff spot when it lost it's two top scorers...after cracking 90 points...despite having to rebuild grigorenko from scratch, Rantanen spending the season in the AHL, Bigras & Zadorov spending a lot of time in the AHL and needing to be eased into bigger minutes, and Matthias only being added at the deadline. With the youths & Radulov that's a dangerous playoff team...despite the worst coach in sports history.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
And the Avs have an abundance of Russians. :naughty:

Roy and Radulov's relationship is pretty well known, Roy is probably one of the only people with the front office power and willingness to get Radulov a good offer, 1st line minute with Duchene/MacK are up for grabs, Russians on the team, etc... I see lots of reasons Radulov would choose the Avs.

Interestingly enough the Russian on the roster Rads would be most strongly connected to is rumoured to be on his way out. But we'll just buddy him up with two 20 year olds right.

Also, don't think players are lining up to play with 60 point players in Duchene and Mack.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Everybody's rumored to be on their way out. If we're playing the rumored to be on their way out game we need 6 top 6ers, 4 top 4 guys, a starting goalie, a back up goalie, a third pairing, and a bottom 6.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Interestingly enough the Russian on the roster Rads would be most strongly connected to is rumoured to be on his way out. But we'll just buddy him up with two 20 year olds right.

Also, don't think players are lining up to play with 60 point players in Duchene and Mack.

I've thought about that and wonder if they keep him on long enough to entice Rads to sign or they keep him another year then maybe move on before the expansion draft.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Just incase you don't feel like re-reading any of the thousand times we've gone over this before, here's the bullet points. Radulov has described Roy as a father figure. Radulov has also mentioned that they still communicate regularly and the topic of him joining our team this summer, specifically, has come up; which he admitted to having to seriously consider. Radulov would be exactly what this team needs psychologically, his passion & the confident fieriness with which he plays is exactly what we've lacked. We're one of the best fits for him to thrive & re-write his NHL legacy...which would be the driving motivation behind an NHL return for him.

And this bad team was on the cusp of a playoff spot when it lost it's two top scorers...after cracking 90 points...despite having to rebuild grigorenko from scratch, Rantanen spending the season in the AHL, Bigras & Zadorov spending a lot of time in the AHL and needing to be eased into bigger minutes, and Matthias only being added at the deadline. With the youths & Radulov that's a dangerous playoff team...despite the worst coach in sports history.

They communicate because it's Roy's job to do so. That hardly means anything. Several GMs have likely communicated with Radulov. This connection between the two is being so overblown. We're automatically a contender to land the best player outside of the NHL because he had some nice things to say about his junior coach from a decade ago? It's hilarious that you speak of these three 20 year olds as if it will somehow influence Rads decision to sign in Colorado. He's a grown man and a seasoned vet he doesn't care about that. He wants to get paid and he wants to win. Unfortunately, Colorado can hardly provide those two things.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Grigo is on his way out? Radulov and Grigo have a bit of a relationship as they stand. Varly has rumors, but so do a lot of other players on the Avs.

I don't even know what to say to you there... MacK is very highly regarded around the hockey world. Duchene also has a pretty good reputation. And 60 point players are nothing to scoff at.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
They communicate because it's Roy's job to do so. That hardly means anything. Several GMs have likely communicated with Radulov. This connection between the two is being so overblown. We're automatically a contender to land the best player outside of the NHL because he had some nice things to say about his junior coach from a decade ago? It's hilarious that you speak of these three 20 year olds as if it will somehow influence Rads decision to sign in Colorado. He's a grown man and a seasoned vet he doesn't care about that. He wants to get paid and he wants to win. Unfortunately, Colorado can hardly provide those two things.

Characterizing the frequency and scope of Roy & Rads' phone calls as just a GM doing his due diligence on a pending star-UFA is a new one.

PS he wants to change his NHL legacy. That means a coach he will get along with who won't force him into a thoughtless offensive system like he is in Moscow or was in Nashville, forward talent for him to create with, and a playoff caliber team to get him enough attention and exposure for his greatness. If he wanted to get paid & win he'd stay with ZSKA.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Well he has to choose one. He can't get paid a lot and go to a contender. None of them have the cap space to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille