Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He's also more dynamic than greg and he doesn't have the same issues with engaging that patrick has had to work greg through. As the secondary piece I'd be interested in him; and depending on what established pieces are being offered for Tyson, I could well prefer to add the cheap (and expansion draft protected) Dubois/Pulju as the primary piece.

If Barrie's demands are going to be too rich for us, then I'm skeptical about the caliber of talents that teams will offer if we demand an established guy.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I think a Barrie to EDM trade is more likely to end up being #4 + Fayne + prospect unless the Avs are putting in something else of note.

e: Just the way I feel our management group would play it

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He's also more dynamic than greg and he doesn't have the same issues with engaging that patrick has had to work greg through. As the secondary piece I'd be interested in him; and depending on what established pieces are being offered for Tyson, I could well prefer to add the cheap (and expansion draft protected) Dubois/Pulju as the primary piece.

If Barrie's demands are going to be too rich for us, then I'm skeptical about the caliber of talents that teams will offer if we demand an established guy.

Pulju and Dubois are still risks. This years draft isn't a very strong year after the top 3, that's my only reservation.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Are they taking Iggy to? Why the f*** else would we have to take Fayne? That would be a deal breaker.

I ninja edited a bit on you, but I think they would see Fayne as a rehab - RD filler and as a minor plus, another piece of salary that could be exposed next summer that has a reasonable chance of getting selected.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If Barrie is getting traded for a forward or high pick (which will be used to draft a forward), they better be getting a defenseman as good and young as him elsewhere.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If his "need" to be in/near Winnipeg is a person, that need might have perished (sadly) by the end of the four years. In which case, he could resign with Colorado.

I've always kinda felt like this person was on the other end of the spectrum. Just a hunch.

I'd probably pull the trigger on Barrie+ for 4th overall+Yakupov.

Could potentially give the Avs two "top-6" forwards next season, who would eat very little of the cap space.

Yakupov-Duchene-Radulov/Boedker
Landeskog-Soderberg-Rantanen
Dubois-MacKinnon-Grigorenko
Matthias-Mitchell-Comeau

Obviously the defence blows, but perhaps there is enough cap space left to grab a decent UFA defender.

Could be a complete tire fire of a season if Yakupov, Rantanen, Dubois/Tkachuk, and Grigorenko don't prove to be ready.

At this point I'm leaning towards just preferring doing the kid thing and seeing what happens. It could be a wonderful surprise, or not, but either way the future would be better from it.

Big Bad Zad

Mar 31, 2016
If Barrie is getting traded for a forward or high pick (which will be used to draft a forward), they better be getting a defenseman as good and young as him elsewhere.

This is the problem with trading him. They would have to trade for another Top 4 D, which is a lot easier said then done, or roll the dice and wait for free agency which is very risky.

If they could bring a strong defensive D(Hamonic) a deal around 4+yak wouldn't be so bad
Edit: but we don't have a lot of trade chips

Big Bad Zad

Mar 31, 2016
Crazy trade idea:

EDM: 4th+ Eberle+Yak
COL: 10+ Barrie

COL: Eberle+ Holden+ 2nd '17
NYI: Hamonic(+ possibly a cap dump player like Bailey since they add salary)

Col out: Barrie, 10, Holden, 2nd
Col in: Hamonic, Yak, 4(take PLD), (possibly Bailey or another player)

Let's assume Barrie is asking for more than the Avs want, otherwise they would probably rather sign him.

Oiler trade based on one I saw posted somewhere, I just added yak to make it more enticing for the Avs. Maybe a small plus going to Edm

Not sure Islanders do the trade, I know a lot of their fans seem very against Eberle. But he does put up points. Would they do it if it was a conditional first next year? That would be a lot but we would get a good top 4 D on a good deal to replace Barrie
Just a crazy idea I had today

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Crazy trade idea:

Let's assume Barrie is asking for more than the Avs want, otherwise they would probably rather sign him.

Oiler trade based on one I saw posted somewhere, I just added yak to make it more enticing for the Avs. Maybe a small plus going to Edm

Not sure Islanders do the trade, I know a lot of their fans seem very against Eberle. But he does put up points. Would they do it if it was a conditional first next year? That would be a lot but we would get a good top 4 D on a good deal to replace Barrie

If Eberle gets Hamonic, the Oilers would have done it already - and if it would work in the future, they would simply keep Eberle and still try to add Barrie. No way PC is going to move Eberle in a deal like this if he gets him Hamonic. The Oilers need two top 4 right handed defensmen.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If Eberle gets Hamonic, the Oilers would have done it already - and if it would work in the future, they would simply keep Eberle and still try to add Barrie. No way PC is going to move Eberle in a deal like this if he gets him Hamonic. The Oilers need two top 4 right handed defensmen.

I think the bigger question than whether the islanders would want Eberle, is whether Hamonic would want Edmonton?

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Crazy trade idea:

Very interesting. If we could get Yakupov & a 4th for Barrie (then re-sign Yakupov to a bridge worth 2 odd million) & draft say Jakob Chychrun or Mikhail Sergachev (I wonder if they would be NHL ready), we may very well be able to afford a UFA D-man (some are suggesting Sergachev is maybe the most NHL ready player this coming draft).

I really think Yakupov would play to potential given top 2 line minutes. We also badly need a skilled right winger. Like Grigorenko (as some claim), I feel he wasn't given the best road to excel is Edmonton.

Landeskog - Duchene - Yakupov
Free Agent - Mackinnon - Rantanen
Comeau - Soderberg - Grigorenko
Mcleod - Mitchell - Iginla
(Compher)

Beauchemin - Johnson
Zadorov - Free Agent
Holden - Gelinas
(Stuart)

Varlamov
Pickard

The quality of those two free agents would be the making / breaking of us of coarse. If it's say Radulov & Yandle, we contend.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Roy wouldn't have Yak and Rants as his top 2 RWs unless you are positively looking at end of year scenarios

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Roy wouldn't have Yak and Rants as his top 2 RWs unless you are positively looking at end of year scenarios

Agreed. There would be an element of double shifting. you wouldn't expect Yaks to be on the PK either for example (maybe Rantanen), definitely Grigorenko.

Iginla would also move up and down depending on how the kids would be handelling their game management on a night - to - night basis.

spiller19

Sep 23, 2013
I don't think yak would be a good fit in this team at all. He is very skilled but his IQ is horrible. I really don't see him ever being a good top 6 player. Barrie for the 4 th is interesting though.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I don't think yak would be a good fit in this team at all. He is very skilled but his IQ is horrible. I really don't see him ever being a good top 6 player. Barrie for the 4 th is interesting though.

Completely agreed. A fast, fantastic shot, low IQ player. He wouldn't be a good fit on MacKinnon's wing, and unless he develops his entire overall game a lot more, I wouldn't want him with Duchene either.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I've always kinda felt like this person was on the other end of the spectrum. Just a hunch.

If he wants to be near his kid moving to Colorado will help a little but not that much. He'll still be a plane trip and a border crossing away.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
RE: Yakupov - remember the role he was being asked to perform in Edmonton - on the bottom lines. Being scratched. It's not his thing.

If we are willing to give Grigorenko a go to kick- start his career, surely a former 1st overall, obviously skilled, (and as far as I can see) a player who has had his confidence and motivation ripped from him a shot.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Completely agreed. A fast, fantastic shot, low IQ player. He wouldn't be a good fit on MacKinnon's wing, and unless he develops his entire overall game a lot more, I wouldn't want him with Duchene either.

I don't think we are in a position to claim all these "projects" when our own stars are underperforming. It's not like we have a solid system with core players that play to their talent level. We can't show them what to do.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Grigorenko-Duchene-Radulov
Landeskog-Mackinnon-Rantanen
Comeau-Soderberg-Yakupov
Mcleod-Mitchell-Iginla
Martinsen

That's what I think it'd look like to start the year. Then try and move Mitchell+Iginla at the deadline with Compher being one of the replacement call ups.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't think we are in a position to claim all these "projects" when our own stars are underperforming. It's not like we have a solid system with core players that play to their talent level. We can't show them what to do.

Why not? Where else are we supposed to get talent? It's not like these projects are pushing anything out of the lineup.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Why not? Where else are we supposed to get talent? It's not like these projects are pushing anything out of the lineup.

I think we can and should claim projects in the place of some of the other players we have - but giving up any sort of value for a project like Yakupov would be a mistake. If we can get him for next to nothing, absolutely.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Grigorenko-Duchene-Radulov
Landeskog-Mackinnon-Rantanen
Comeau-Soderberg-Yakupov
Mcleod-Mitchell-Iginla
Martinsen

That's what I think it'd look like to start the year. Then try and move Mitchell+Iginla at the deadline with Compher being one of the replacement call ups.

That 4th line is so bad. Yak isn't a bottom 6 player. He's stuck in a place where he's not good enough for top 6 but not the type of player to play bottom 6. Reminds me of PAP.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
That 4th line is so bad. Yak isn't a bottom 6 player. He's stuck in a place where he's not good enough for top 6 but not the type of player to play bottom 6. Reminds me of PAP.

But has he been given an ample opportunity on the top 2 lines anywhere at NHL level to prove / disprove that theory?

He started on the top lines in 12/13 in Edmonton. He score 31 points in 48 games. He was then shuffled down the lines as more number one / two / three overall draft players came in. That's good for 53 points over 82 games (Mackinnon got 63).

I believe with a completely fresh / new mindset, and a good coach who develops, he goes to the next level, and wouldn't look at all out of place here.

Any player grinding it out on the 4th line (look at Iggy's production this year compared to previous), you're not going to do as well.

Also, draft well (maybe the top defensemen in this years draft) if we got their 4th overall, you potentially get a franchise D-man. Would you take a franchise D-man and a potential top 6 for Barrie? I certainly would.

Also, at his best - PA was pretty awesome mate - didn't he get 67 points or so one season? That's 8 more points than our very best player this year. he also got 76 points, in 103 games for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia