Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
I'd keep the pick unless Luc-Dubois fell to like 7. I'd love Logan Brown at 10. Saw his tape and he's such a smart player. I could see him developing into a beast 200' guy with great offense as well.

I don't mind trading Picks. But you have to get a 1st for him imo. Or a good young roster player with term. He was drafted in the 2nd and he's done nothing but boost his stock. I'd say he should be worth a pick around the early 20s even.

Last edited:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Radulov's season ended like the last one, with a heartbreaking game 7 loss. I expect that we'll hear on his status in the next week or so.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Probably more than any other Avs fan would to be honest.

Ha, so non-committal

I do think he might cost more than what he did at the deadline, but how much more who knows. Since we don't know exactly what Tampa was asking for.

Don't be afraid to get flamed lol

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Ha, so non-committal

I do think he might cost more than what he did at the deadline, but how much more who knows. Since we don't know exactly what Tampa was asking for.

Don't be afraid to get flamed lol

10th OVR + Grigorenko + JTC/Greer

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Should we offer sheet Kucherov? Is 7.3M x 5y out of line? I know, we wouldnt be able to sign Rads/Bods then but Im interested.

Well, Tampa would propably match it.

ThatAvsGamer

Feb 21, 2013
Ontario
Fans get too emotionally attached to the players, which makes it difficult to remain objective.

You cannot get too emotionally attached as it will cause you to make the wrong decisions most of the time.

Most people blur the lines between not wanting to move a player because they love that player vs not wanting to move a player because of the quality of their play.

Yeah, Stastny comes to mind

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Should we offer sheet Kucherov? Is 7.3M x 5y out of line? I know, we wouldnt be able to sign Rads/Bods then but Im interested.

Well, Tampa would propably match it.

He's damn good, but I'd rather give 5 million or so to Radulov and keep the draft picks while saving money

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
He's damn good, but I'd rather give 5 million or so to Radulov and keep the draft picks while saving money

Thats assuming Rads is coming with only 5m price tag.

Edit. In which case I'd choose Rads

Last edited:

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Drouin prolly needs a Rantanen back at this point. We can't afford it we should just move on.

I would consider moving Mikko for him. At the very least they have equal value and Drouin is only what a year older. Drouin has more elite NHL potential, more proven in the NHL itself, and there's the Mackinnon factor as well. If bringing in Drouin could help with the development of Mackinnon management needs to seriously consider it considering how his current development has somewhat stagnated.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
If management wants to make a move for Drouin based on his talent and ability to fit what Roy wants, then go for it. The fact that he's played with MacKinnon before is a nice side benefit.

But I definitely don't like the notion of attempting to bring him in to help the development of MacKinnon - as if Drouin is the key to unlocking Nate's potential. You drafted and are developing MacKinnon based on his own merits. Put him in a position to succeed, yes, by giving him the proper linemates and letting them develop together but don't let that drive you into making a deal based upon junior hockey chemistry.

I'm very content with keeping Rantanen even if there is more pure upside with JD.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It's highly unlikely TB is gonna get a Mikko level prospect for him. Their value is pretty similar after the year Mikko had, and being bigger and better defensively. No team is gonna give up their own prospect of similar value for another teams, when their potential is that high, unless they have to. They'll just keep their own guy.

TB is likely gonna get a really good package involving a high pick a good prospect and a player, or they'll get a different type of more veteran player. Maybe a good center, or a good center+.

If the Avs can do a 1st+Grigo+Greer deal, I'd make that happen. Or maybe Barrie to TB (or another team for assets if TB can't ignore his last name) and then that former kind of package to NYI for Hamonic.

If they have to move Duchene, I don't think I make that, because TB doesn't really have the right assets that I can see, to send back with Drouin to even that out.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Can't see TB taking a package deal at this point. Yzerman held firm during the firestorm and now Drouin is performing. His value in TB's eyes certainly hasn't gotten down and they were obviously asking for a lot prior to the trade deadline. I just don't see them dealing him now, not with Stamkos on his way out. Long-term, the relationship may be frayed but in the short-term, his rights are still Tampa's and I think they'll find a way to work together until, like with ROR here, Drouin can choose his own path (or force Tampa to make a move). Drouin has a chance to make a ton of money putting up big numbers on this Tampa team if he puts his head down and works hard over the next few years.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
They need Drouin's creative playmaking a whole hell of a lot, but if they moved Mikko, they'd be missing his size and two way play just as much. There's no way to tell right now how far apart their offnsive production will be, if any.

As much as I've wanted Drouin on this team to help get Mack to the next level, they can't give up Mikko for him. They have to try to do it another way. Especially if they have a highly creative player like Rads as a possibility.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
They need Drouin's creative playmaking a whole hell of a lot, but if they moved Mikko, they'd be missing his size and two way play just as much. There's no way to tell right now how far apart their offnsive production will be, if any.

As much as I've wanted Drouin on this team to help get Mack to the next level, they can't give up Mikko for him. They have to try to do it another way. Especially if they have a highly creative player like Rads as a possibility.

Mikko doesn't use his size much anyway. We already have Landy as a two way winger and possibly Greg if he's moved to the wing. What we're lacking on the wing is skill and creativity. Not that Mikko lacks those things but he just falls short of Drouin in that area.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Mikko doesn't use his size much anyway. We already have Landy as a two way winger and possibly Greg if he's moved to the wing. What we're lacking on the wing is skill and creativity. Not that Mikko lacks those things but he just falls short of Drouin in that area.
Our forwards are terrible defensively. You think having just Landy and Grigorenko at wing is good enough? Grigs is still a bit of a wild card as far as what he'll be. As bad as the Avs are on the blueline, poor defensive forwards is also a problem.

Rantanen having the full 3 years of his ELC left is valuable too. I don't think there's any way the Avs consider moving Rantanen, as he fits exactly what they want with size, skill, and hockey IQ.

I'm sure the Avs will try to get him, but I'm not convinced the Lightning will trade Drouin. If he keeps producing, they'll suck up to him and make it work, especially with Stamkos likely on the way out. Cooper was certainly sucking up to him in the post game press conference last night.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Radulov's season ended like the last one, with a heartbreaking game 7 loss. I expect that we'll hear on his status in the next week or so.

Yeah, after the way they were finally able to rack up a decisive win in game one, after having to claw for every win on their way to the finals, really makes that game 7 loss brutal. Mozaykin & co were excellent & deserving champions, but man does that have to hurt Radulov & his team-mates.

Can't blame him for needing some time to cool down after that.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The biggest problem I see with moving Mikko for Drouin is the fact that Drouin has to be protected in the expansion draft.

Yeah you can easily make an argument as to why you should or should not make that trade based on preference. However value being equal, and the expansion draft taken into consideration. It goes well into favoring not making the deal.

I would however move Grigorenko + 10th O/A to do it, but only if we were able to use Varlamov in order to get Hamonic first.

Grigorenko + MacKinnon + Hamonic is far more important than Drouin + MacKinnon for me.

Defense is my priority, and a defender on that good of a contract is what we need to use those assets on first.

Sure I could see a way of pulling off both if the stars align, but if I have to choose. Defense is the #1 priority.

If you can't get Hamonic and have to go into free-agency to get some defensive help, sure move what's necessary to get Drouin, and try to recover as much of that as possible when trading Varlamov. Notice I think there is a high chance Varly is traded regardless.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I wouldn't trade Rantanen because he brings a lot of elements this team is missing. Pretty much any other prospect (except Zadorov) or pick would be on the table with me.

Starting with 1st + is where I'd start, but Tampa would probably want that plus to be Bigras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino