Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
NCAA players scare me a hell of a lot more than Russian players, and have ever since Justin Schultz. Unless something happens to change things, I would bet we see this happen a lot more with NCAA players over the coming years.

I don't agree with it at all, but the players can go to school, get a full education, AND get to choose where they play when it's all said and done? It's too good of a situation to pass up.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
It would be a little better if they just changed the compensation to include any round as long as the drafting team was willing to submit an offer that matched/bettered the contract that was offered by the eventual signing team.

Would still allow the NCAA player to use the UFA option while not allowing a team to get compensation for a player they had no intention of making a fair market attempt to sign. I'd even argue that the team should get an equal round pick in compensation.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
big val is reportedly unhappy with his role/ice time in dallas (it's on trade forum). might use KHL as leverage to get good 2nd contract.

nichushkin would fit the avs well. big, can skate and lacks hockey sense.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
If we get Yakupov and Nichushkin this off-season, we can be the ultimate all physical, no hockey sense team of awesome. Can you imagine MacK streaking down the ice flanked by those two? They'd all button hook and then rush in, then button hook and then run into each other repeatedly.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So werenski is going to the AHL. If we don't hear anything about Compher next couple of days it's not going to happen.

Motte, Downing, Compher, and Connor are all not signed right now... it could happen over the next couple days, or it could stretch. I wouldn't say there is a real strict timeline here where it has to be done by Friday or anything.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If we get Yakupov and Nichushkin this off-season, we can be the ultimate all physical, no hockey sense team of awesome. Can you imagine MacK streaking down the ice flanked by those two? They'd all button hook and then rush in, then button hook and then run into each other repeatedly.

You know for a team that targeted high hockey sense and a high compete level, we sure do lack that on the roster. Although, some of that is in Buffalo.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
On the college UFA/CHL drafting discussion. I believe under the new CBA that teams basically get 4 years (I think 3 if drafted after their freshman year... graduating class thing) before the player becomes a UFA now. That pretty much the exact as a CHL player who can choose not to sign with their drafted team, re-enter the draft and choose not to sign again. After 4 years, that player is a UFA. It isn't very likely that a CHL player would do that, but it is the same time frame now. Yeah what Vesey and Rielly have done is kinda crappy, but there isn't much stopping a CHL player from doing the same thing (Euro players have done it for a while).

Greer left school before his eligibility was up, so instead of being the graduating class for him, it becomes 4th June 1st after his draft.

I'm not talking about pulling a Vesey, we don't know that yet. But I think if he doesn't leave very soon he's going back for the senior year.

I wouldn't put it that way. If we get to mid April, then he is probably staying, but calling it before that seems premature.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He can go to any professional league he wants besides the NHL if the Avs don't want to sign him. Now I don't see why they wouldn't at this point, but Greer could sign a pure AHL deal with San Antonio (or others) or go to Europe for a couple seasons.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Chris Nichols ‏@NicholsOnHockey 2h2 hours ago
Dreger: Around trade deadline, there were rumors teams were willing to maybe consider second round pick for Yakupov. Not much more. #Oilers

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Chris Nichols ‏@NicholsOnHockey 2h2 hours ago
Dreger: Around trade deadline, there were rumors teams were willing to maybe consider second round pick for Yakupov. Not much more. #Oilers

My has his stock fallen. I don't want to trade a second round pick at all, but that is mighty tempting.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Id do a 3rd and a prospect for Yak pretty easily. He may not ever be great, but there is talent there and he would be a cheap risk at that point. Even if he moderately succeeds and becomes a 45-50 point winger, that is a win.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's a bit annoying that Avs are at 50 contracts because they added marginal players like NewBalls and Gelinas for no real reason. Now they can't even sign Compher without losing a contract.

I would prefer he didn't go back for his senior year. That's when he start thinking he could be a UFA and go anywhere he wants.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't think that's ever going to happen

It is possible he may not, but that is a very low risk/medium reward sort of deal. He isn't playing that well and isn't getting the best usage... yet over his career he is a .43 PPG player (~35 point). Gaining 10-15 points with better usage and some development really isn't out of the question.

By no means is Yak perfect, but at a 3rd + sort of cost, there are a lot worse the Avs could do.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It is possible he may not, but that is a very low risk/medium reward sort of deal. He isn't playing that well and isn't getting the best usage... yet over his career he is a .43 PPG player (~35 point). Gaining 10-15 points with better usage and some development really isn't out of the question.

By no means is Yak perfect, but at a 3rd + sort of cost, there are a lot worse the Avs could do.

For me personally this team is already filled with a bunch of players who don't think the game at a high level. Adding Yakupov is going in the opposite direction of where this team should be building towards.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Couldnt they still sign Compher ? he just cant play for them or the Rampage this year right? I thought ELC didnt count against the contract limit

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Couldnt they still sign Compher ? he just cant play for them or the Rampage this year right? I thought ELC didnt count against the contract limit

He could sign an ATO with Rampage with the intention of signing with Avs later in the off season. That way he can play with them. But he can't sign with Avs as long as they are at 50 contracts.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
He could sign an ATO with Rampage with the intention of signing with Avs later in the off season. That way he can play with them. But he can't sign with Avs as long as they are at 50 contracts.

Cool beans thanks.

actually kind of annoying beans but you get my drift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad