Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎ ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Faulk and Dubois easily.

Let Yeti fill in this year as the 2C and then worry about if Dubois is ready next year if Yeti goes in the expansion draft.

Lol yeah EASILY! :laugh:

Apparently, Dubois is a sure-fire can't miss NHLer easily worth a 1st line center or a #2-#3 d-man???

There have been TONS of apparent sure-fire, can't miss NHLers picked at #4 but their value is still that of a prospect even though a very good one.

It's close to like suggesting that Brian Leetch & Pavel Brendl is EASILY more valuable than Mike Modano and Sergei Zubov before the 1999 draft. :laugh:

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
If they somehow can't get the bulk of that 2015 class in this org and contributing in some capacity next year then I'm done.

Wouldn't most of those kids still be juniors eligible?

I'm hoping they stay patient rather than rushing prospects only to have them sit in the press box.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Wouldn't most of those kids still be juniors eligible?

I'm hoping they stay patient rather than rushing prospects only to have them sit in the press box.

As in 2017, my bad. And like I said I don't expect them on the Avs roster. I just mean if the piss away that class for whatever reason by trading them, not signing them, whatever then I'll probably find a new hobby.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm very nervous about this upcoming offseason. Maybe this part is just wishful thinking but I could really see their jobs being on the line (especially Roy's) so there's potential for some all-in on this season type of moves.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I think people are panicking way too early on the players we already have and are underestimating the message it sends as an organization if you start trading every new player up for a contract renewal. Barrie will get what he is worth, and we need to keep him. Defensemen don't grow on trees, especially elite NHL puck movers. We have too much dead cap space elsewhere (Varly, Stuart, Iggy, Holden, etc) to give up one of our core players *yet again* without trying other avenues.

The leaders on this team are all younger than the top players in the NHL right now and locked up long term. We have nice young players in Bigras, Zadorov, MacKinnon & Rantanen that will be big time contributors very shortly. Look at the Blues, Sharks, Pens. It's extremely hard to develop a dynasty like the Blackhawks, but if we stay the course and make adjustments on the way STARTING with the defense, then we could win a cup a few years down the line. We just need to get our players more playoff experience, which is why losing a year to do that this season was extremely disappointing.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
If they somehow can't get the bulk of that 2015 class in this org and contributing in some capacity next year then I'm done.

As in 2017, my bad. And like I said I don't expect them on the Avs roster. I just mean if the piss away that class for whatever reason by trading them, not signing them, whatever then I'll probably find a new hobby.

TV, I mean this with all due respect, but I think you're a bit too emotionally invested in these prospects. You seem extremely concerned they won't sign them or will trade them. To the point where you're already considering not following the team anymore.

Apart from letting Blandisi go, and two recent trades involving Colin Smith, Bleackley and Wood, what else have they done in their three year tenure to make you so concerned they will lose quality future NHLers?

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
What about Slavin or Pesce? Cheap, young, impressive seasons...the Hurricanes have huge depth with Faulk, Hanifin...Carrick, Fleury and McKeown on the way.

Re-sign Barrie and improve the defense by adding a cheap, young yet seasoned blueliner to the current core.

What would the cost be? Of course, I wouldn't put Rantanen or the #10 on the table but could we grab either with something lesser?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
What about Slavin or Pesce? Cheap, young, impressive seasons...the Hurricanes have huge depth with Faulk, Hanifin...Carrick, Fleury and McKeown on the way.

Re-sign Barrie and improve the defense by adding a cheap, young yet seasoned blueliner to the current core.

What would the cost be? Of course, I wouldn't put Rantanen or the #10 on the table but could we grab either with something lesser?

I don't think the Canes will put any of them up for sale, but if they did... I'd pay a pretty penny for Slavin. The kid is a future star. I'd swap the #10 pick in a heartbeat.

In 2-3 years, the Canes will be forced to make a move for some forward depth, but not next season. They are still at least a year away from that pressure.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
TV, I mean this with all due respect, but I think you're a bit too emotionally invested in these prospects. You seem extremely concerned they won't sign them or will trade them. To the point where you're already considering not following the team anymore.

Apart from letting Blandisi go, and two recent trades involving Colin Smith, Bleackley and Wood, what else have they done in their three year tenure to make you so concerned they will lose quality future NHLers?

She's not wrong to feel that way. I'm probably done to if they throw away the 2015 class like they did the 2014 one.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

She's not wrong to feel that way. I'm probably done to if they throw away the 2015 class like they did the 2014 one.

None of us should get into this publicly, it should be taken to PMs and with TV directly. It just isn't the right place, and there was some recent talk on this exact thing just a bit ago. I don't agree with TV's views on this matter, but she has every right to feel and post the way she wants to. Especially as she is following all the board rules with it.

FlamesFan80

Nov 18, 2005
Hey guys sorry not trolling but trying to understand if you think Pickard is available and if so at what cost to Calgary? thanks :)

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
None of us should get into this publicly, it should be taken to PMs and with TV directly. It just isn't the right place, and there was some recent talk on this exact thing just a bit ago. I don't agree with TV's views on this matter, but she has every right to feel and post the way she wants to. Especially as she is following all the board rules with it.

I didn't say she didn't have a right to feel that way. Anyone does. I haven't been around much to see it discussed in detail, just see the subject brought up a lot. Was genuinely wondering where all the concern was coming from, I wasn't anticipating a negative conversation.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Hey guys sorry not trolling but trying to understand if you think Pickard is available and if so at what cost to Calgary? thanks :)

Pickard is definitely off the table, but Varley's open. Your first would be the centerpiece of the trade probably, plus a bit since he's a proven starter. It would have to be a futures thing for sure.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Lol yeah EASILY! :laugh:

Apparently, Dubois is a sure-fire can't miss NHLer easily worth a 1st line center or a #2-#3 d-man???

There have been TONS of apparent sure-fire, can't miss NHLers picked at #4 but their value is still that of a prospect even though a very good one.

It's close to like suggesting that Brian Leetch & Pavel Brendl is EASILY more valuable than Mike Modano and Sergei Zubov before the 1999 draft. :laugh:

So you'll laugh at/mock my opinion and not the others?

It was really a reflection of how highly I regard Faulk, how probable I think it is that Dubois becomes a solid NHLer, and what I think of Duchene and Barrie (especially with a new contract).

You are right though, I'm just a prospect ***** who thinks they will all be superstars

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Agreed. After 7 years since the start of the rebuild, I'm on the fence already.

The 2009 rebuild has failed, I don't think that is too negotiable. The only question that remains is whether 2013 onwards - MacKinnon, Zadorov, Rantanen, Compher, Bigras - can save it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Duchene and Barrie.

Faulk is not substantial enough of an upgrade on Barrie and Avs downgrade from Duchene to Dubois (who hasn't even played one ****in game in the NHL). I honestly have no idea how people can take the other combo.

Pickard is definitely off the table, but Varley's open. Your first would be the centerpiece of the trade probably, plus a bit since he's a proven starter. It would have to be a futures thing for sure.
Yeah no, Pickard is most definitely a trade-able piece.

Seriously? You're going to be done with an entire organization and sport is if they decide to trade away prospects? Prospects? Not NHLers, prospects? Am I reading this correctly?

Am I on crazy pills here??? This place is looking like it's gone off the deep end without swimming lessons.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The 2009 rebuild has failed, I don't think that is too negotiable. The only question that remains is whether 2013 onwards - MacKinnon, Zadorov, Rantanen, Compher, Bigras - can save it.

IMO I would tweak the phrasing of that question. There were two phases of the rebuild, but they were done with the intent of keeping parts of both groups.

I'd say the question now is, will they keep tweaking things and use parts of both groups, or commit to resetting the clock to start with Mack/Landy.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Duchene and Barrie.

Faulk is not substantial enough of an upgrade on Barrie and Avs downgrade from Duchene to Dubois (who hasn't even played one ****in game in the NHL). I honestly have no idea how people can take the other combo.

Yeah no, Pickard is most definitely a trade-able piece.

Seriously? You're going to be done with an entire organization and sport is if they decide to trade away prospects? Prospects? Not NHLers, prospects? Am I reading this correctly?

Am I on crazy pills here??? This place is looking like it's gone off the deep end without swimming lessons.

Hahaha, I agree so much with this. I mean I dont even see how someone could abandon the team if they traded away core NHL players, nevermind the idea of prospects. Guys that are pretty unlikely to even put on an Avs jersey at any point.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
A lot has to go right for the organization in the next two years. They can't afford to throw away assets with nothing to show for it. They can't get free agents wrong. They can't trade for has beens. They need to stay away from waiver pickups. There isn't any answers there. Not for Avs.

The past mistakes of this and the last regime has shrunk the margin of error to almost nothing. That is if we want them to actually contend in a few years. If they want to be the next Wild and get knocked out in the first round for a while, just keep doing what they have been doing.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I didnt say I'd cheer for another team, I just said I wouldn't make this my hobby. I believed in Sakic and Roy's vision which is why I even decided to follow this team on a daily basis starting in 2013, you can see by my sign up date. They are treading on thin ice right now. It's not an empty threat, I could very well go back to how I felt in the 2000s when I had other things as my hobby. Believe the future of this team is through drafting and development, it's not about any one prospect. If they throw that way then I'm through with this. I'm not following a 2000s-sequel team on a daily basis. You all can laugh at me or think I'm crazy, that's fine. I'm sorry if that's too much real talk.

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I didnt say I'd cheer for another team, I just said I wouldn't make this my hobby. I believed in Sakic and Roy's vision which is why I even decided to follow this team on a daily basis starting in 2013, you can see by my sign up date. They are treading on thin ice right now. It's not an empty threat, I could very well go back to how I felt in the 2000s when I had other things as my hobby. Believe the future of this team is through drafting and development, it's not about any one prospect. If they throw that way then I'm through with this. I'm not following a 2000s-sequel team on a daily basis. You all can laugh at me or think I'm crazy, that's fine. I'm sorry if that's too much real talk.

I thought you were around longgg before 13. I've spent far too much time on this site in the last 3 years :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad