Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎ ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Nucks need D and prospects in general in the worst way, so I don't see why they would move him. BUt then again Jimbo is there and he believes they can contend, so he might move him for some meat and potato players that'll help them win.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
well, the projections of Hamonic in the Avs next season didn`t last long... I wanna see now who they`ll target to help the D. probably sign some Nikitin (he`s an UFA this offseason, right?) type, would be fitting according to what we have seen in recent years...

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
well, the projections of Hamonic in the Avs next season didn`t last long... I wanna see now who they`ll target to help the D. probably sign some Nikitin (he`s an UFA this offseason, right?) type, would be fitting according to what we have seen in recent years...

I'd rather they sign Holden to an eight year extension than that.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
seriously, it`s kinda scary looking at the UFA D list this year. I hope they don`t bring anyone from there. I could live with Hamhuis on a short term but other than that...

already preparing myself to see on the opening night roster

Beauchemin - EJ
Holden - Nikitin
Quincey - Bartkowski
(Colaiacovo - Cumiskey)

:naughty:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Seeing teams like Florida that have been out of actual hockey playing for less time and signing or re-signing more players if frustrating. This slow play of contracts the Avs do is just tiresome at this point

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
seriously, it`s kinda scary looking at the UFA D list this year.

I'm looking at the list and it's not just the D.

If we want D we'll need to trade quality offense to get it.

Interesting UFA's:

Stamkos
Boedker
Okposo
Eriksson
Lucic
Yandle
Ladd

Out of these, only Boedker (26), Lucic (27), Okposo (28) and Stamkos (26) are under 30.

All these players should get huge contracts.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Seeing teams like Florida that have been out of actual hockey playing for less time and signing or re-signing more players if frustrating. This slow play of contracts the Avs do is just tiresome at this point

I know, paying a bit more attention to teams for the mock makes it easy to see how different it is

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
seriously, it`s kinda scary looking at the UFA D list this year. I hope they don`t bring anyone from there. I could live with Hamhuis on a short term but other than that...

already preparing myself to see on the opening night roster

Beauchemin - EJ
Holden - Nikitin
Quincey - Bartkowski
(Colaiacovo - Cumiskey)

:naughty:

At least with that D, our forward core would be insane given what we'd get in the Zadorov & Bigras trades.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
At least with that D, our forward core would be insane given what we'd get in the Zadorov & Bigras trades.

And Cal Foote would look real good in an Avs jersey the following season. :nod:

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
I think that our offseason will start with Barrie getting dealt. No matter what his contract demands are, I think he is the most expendable "core" piece that will net a very, very good return. I would have dealt him last season to climb up to draft Hanifin.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
With Hamonic off the market, would you consider dealing the 10th pick in a package for Scandella? Sounds like Brodin and Dumba will be staying so that may make Scandella available. Like his game and signed through 2020 on a sweet $4 million deal.

I wouldn't deal the 10th straight up but how about Scandella and the Wild's 2nd rounder for the 10th. Then move Barrie for the 4th or something similar and try to sign Yandle or Demers. Of course, Scandella+UFA will cost more than Barrie alone and we are still praying for so something else would need to happen financially speaking. Ideally shipping out Iginla, Holden, Gelinas, Stuart etc but not holding my breath.

Scandella ($4.0)-Johnson ($6.0)
Beauchemin ($4.5)-Demers ($5.0?)
Zadorov ($0.9)-Bigras ($0.9...I know, LH and probably too young a pairing)

Plus move up in the draft in the first round and gain an extra pick.

Worth it? Reasonable at all? $21.3 million on defense too much and doesn't even include Stuart's $3.6 or Holden?

I think that #1 LD spot is the biggest issue but if we deal Barrie we also need to replace him on the right side.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
With Hamonic off the market, would you consider dealing the 10th pick in a package for Scandella? Sounds like Brodin and Dumba will be staying so that may make Scandella available. Like his game and signed through 2020 on a sweet $4 million deal.

I wouldn't deal the 10th straight up but how about Scandella and the Wild's 2nd rounder for the 10th. Then move Barrie for the 4th or something similar and try to sign Yandle or Demers. Of course, Scandella+UFA will cost more than Barrie alone and we are still praying for so something else would need to happen financially speaking. Ideally shipping out Iginla, Holden, Gelinas, Stuart etc but not holding my breath.

Worth it? Reasonable at all? $21.3 million on defense too much and doesn't even include Stuart's $3.6 or Holden?

I think that #1 LD spot is the biggest issue but if we deal Barrie we also need to replace him on the right side.

I'd rather not. Scandella does not belong as a top pairing defensman in my opinion, especially if his partner is EJ, who will probably level out over the course of an entire season as a #2 defensman. I think taking halfway measures has gone on too long. Either we get a legitimate top defender, or we keep the pick, let what we have develop, and build for the future.

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015

Unfortunately, I feel like Demers is going to get more than that and with a term that I don't see the team being comfortable with. I like the idea of Scandella, but I can also see the Wild not wanting to trade him in the division.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
I'd rather not. Scandella does not belong as a top pairing defensman in my opinion, especially if his partner is EJ, who will probably level out over the course of an entire season as a #2 defensman. I think taking halfway measures has gone on too long. Either we get a legitimate top defender, or we keep the pick, let what we have develop, and build for the future.

I can definitely see that point of view. Demers, Yandle or anybody obtained in free agency will be at a premium, one I don't think we can afford with the likes of Iginla and Stuart sapping our cap space. I like Scandella and I think he's good value at $4 million long-term...but again, to your point, we are paying Beauch $4.5 million to be essentially our 2nd pair LD so I can see some redundancy.

Just wish there was a way to solve this puzzle without dealing a core forward...I mean, how do you resign OR replace Barrie as a top-4 RHD and top PMD, also sign or trade for another top LHD and, if the mood strikes you, sign Radulov as well without dealing a core forward or Varlamov? It just doesn't work. We'll have to be patient or make some massive, massive moves. I don't think people are going to line-up to take Iginla, Stuart, Holden and the like.

This abyss of "are we going to try and be good or rebuild again" just drives me crazy and the only direction we've seen from the FO is they seem to think things are better than they are.

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
I can definitely see that point of view. Demers, Yandle or anybody obtained in free agency will be at a premium, one I don't think we can afford with the likes of Iginla and Stuart sapping our cap space. I like Scandella and I think he's good value at $4 million long-term...but again, to your point, we are paying Beauch $4.5 million to be essentially our 2nd pair LD so I can see some redundancy.

Just wish there was a way to solve this puzzle without dealing a core forward...I mean, how do you resign OR replace Barrie as a top-4 RHD and top PMD, also sign or trade for another top LHD and, if the mood strikes you, sign Radulov as well without dealing a core forward or Varlamov? It just doesn't work. We'll have to be patient or make some massive, massive moves. I don't think people are going to line-up to take Iginla, Stuart, Holden and the like.

This abyss of "are we going to try and be good or rebuild again" just drives me crazy and the only direction we've seen from the FO is they seem to think things are better than they are.

If we managed to land Scandella, I think he could slot in on the 2nd pairing and be successful. His cap hit isn't major so even if we ended up with a solid 3/4 d-man with him it's a step in the right direction for us. The availability of D-men is limited so they are all at a premium. I would be okay with sending Mitchell+ 3rd to Washington for Orpik if Washington retained some of his hit. They also need a 3rd/4th line center. If we dealt Barrie to Edmonton for the 4th and took Dubois, we could explore the idea of dealing Duchene the following season for one of those top pairing d-men.

Beauch-Johnson
Scandella-Holden/Zadorov/Bigras
Orpik- Zadorov/Holden/Bigras

Then the following season we replace the missing right handed shot (AKA Holden with Meloche) and hopefully Zads or Bigras can slot in with Johnson.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
That would be dumb. They have A LOT of works to do that doesn't concern him.

I think he means in terms of signing guys (MacK, Barrie, Picks, Grigs) rather than stop doing anything and just wait.

It's actually the right move if you ask me. Try and sign him when he becomes available (he may already be signed for all anyone knows) and in the meantime, go through different scenarios to improve the team.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Also trades... Signing Radulov opens up some other possibilities on the team and probably causes a few complications. Knowing if they have him is one of the first steps in knowing what this team's cap situation looks like, which impacts the NHL signings and trades.

Now the non-NHL signings, they are not as impacted. Those are being worked on though and for all we know, some may be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad