Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎ ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
With all of the Barrie trade discussions to teams that need defensive scoring, I'm surprised Vancouver hasn't come up as a possibility. Vancouver's top scoring defenseman last season had 25 points, they're going to have to rebuild that team with younger players, they're no longer in Colorado's division - perhaps they'd be a good trade partner if Barrie can't be resigned?

Any interest in a Barrie for Edler trade? With some additional variables added to Edler, of course.

And Edler has to be completely healthy as well. I'm trying to find a team who would part with a top 4 guy who can play defense in return for Barrie. I don't like the thought of only draft picks or forwards coming back, though that would finally end the discussion of whether they're rebuilding again.

Last edited:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
With all of the Barrie trade discussions to teams that need defensive scoring, I'm surprised Vancouver hasn't come up as a possibility. Vancouver's top scoring defenseman last season had 25 points, they're going to have to rebuild that team with younger players, they're no longer in Colorado's division - perhaps they'd be a good trade partner if Barrie can't be resigned?

Any interest in a Barrie for Edler trade? With some additional variables added to Edler, of course.

I was looking at that too, but really wanted to find a way to move up to #5 and get Virtanen but couldn't make a sensible proposal

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

And Edler has to be completely healthy as well. I'm trying to find a team who would part with a top 4 guy who can play defense in return for Barrie. I don't like the thought of only draft picks or forwards coming back, though that would finally end the discussion of whether they're rebuilding again.

No real interest in Edler, IMO he is just too old to be targeting for a 25 year old in their prime 50pts dman.

Not saying he is a bad player, just not the type of player we should be targeting. We should be looking at guys at or below the age of 25. So basically an equivalent of Barrie age wise.

I don't see Vancouver and Colorado as good partners as we are both looking for young dmen.

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
No real interest in Edler, IMO he is just too old to be targeting for a 25 year old in their prime 50pts dman.

Not saying he is a bad player, just not the type of player we should be targeting. We should be looking at guys at or below the age of 25. So basically an equivalent of Barrie age wise.

I don't see Vancouver and Colorado as good partners as we are both looking for young dmen.

I think it's similar to the Edmonton deals. It would be nice to get the draft pick, but Vancouver will get a very good player at 5 and I don't think they are willing to give that up for a player like Barrie.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think it's similar to the Edmonton deals. It would be nice to get the draft pick, but Vancouver will get a very good player at 5 and I don't think they are willing to give that up for a player like Barrie.

I don't know about the Canucks organization but 'Nucks fans on this board are pretty high on Barrie. He's from BC and all. I'd probably trade Barrie for Dubois but I'm not sure I'd do it for Tkachuk. Also, unless we trade Duchene for a top pairing dman I don't think that we trade Barrie at all.

I really see a deal around Duchene and Faulk. It makes a lot of sense for Carolina. They have a lot of young depth at D but no #1 C.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

That's not how you spell Tanev.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Assuming that all parties involved would agree to the trades, would you guys rather have:

Barrie and Duchene
or
Faulk and Dubois

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'd go Faulk/Dubois, but that is a bit of a pipedream. That combo is a lot cheaper and Dubois might be the #2C this team would need behind MacK. Sets the Avs back a couple years until Dubois can make a bigger NHL impact.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm just scared of what this organization will do when they get impatient with all of those years of rebuilding. Finances are a thing, otherwise I wouldn't have a job, and I do rate both Dubois & Faulk; but the idea of this organization putting off its core entering its collective prime even further terrifies me. Especially when they start losing those locals fans who they sucked back in with that magical 2013-2014 season. How many futures will they be willing to throw away for some short term gain when it's been 3-4 years without a playoff appearance?

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'd go Faulk/Dubois, but that is a bit of a pipedream. That combo is a lot cheaper and Dubois might be the #2C this team would need behind MacK. Sets the Avs back a couple years until Dubois can make a bigger NHL impact.

Faulk is a substantial upgrade over Barrie and would become de-facto our #1 dman for many, many years.

Dubois' ceiling appears to be a bigger, meaner, Ryan O'Reilly. That's huge.

To me it's a no-brainer.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Assuming that all parties involved would agree to the trades, would you guys rather have:

Barrie and Duchene
or
Faulk and Dubois

I don't necessarily have an opinion on the Barrie trade (it'd be nice to keep him, definitely, but if the $ is too high then they have to trade him)

But give me Faulk over Duchene every day.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'm just scared of what this organization will do when they get impatient with all of those years of rebuilding. Finances are a thing, otherwise I wouldn't have a job, and I do rate both Dubois & Faulk; but the idea of this organization putting off its core entering its collective prime even further terrifies me. Especially when they start losing those locals fans who they sucked back in with that magical 2013-2014 season. How many futures will they be willing to throw away for some short term gain when it's been 3-4 years without a playoff appearance?

Well.. I don't think it would set the Avs back from where there have been (competing for the final playoff spots), but it would keep them from taking the next step until PLD matured. Faulk would improve the defense dramatically and fit better next to the kids, while being younger than Duchene and Barrie, but still in his prime.

By the end of PLD's ELC, the Avs would be more well rounded and better ready to compete... but it would take until then. With Duchene/Barrie, this team can add to what they have and hopefully get there in 2 years.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I'm just scared of what this organization will do when they get impatient with all of those years of rebuilding.

Trade the bulk of an entire draft class at the deadline when they're out of playoff position? ;)

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Pretty much what the Avs already have.

It would be what they had minus Tyson Barrie.

There is also no way Faulk is available.

They can do it. Like I said they have no #1 center and at D, they have Hanifin, McKeown and Fleury which are all top prospects under 20.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Trade the bulk of an entire draft class at the deadline when they're out of playoff position? ;)

With a class like that one, where we were looking at just Kyle Wood & Bleackley (or the pick that he'd become) that still hurts a lot. Now imagine them doing that with Rantanen, Meloche, Beaudin, Greer, and Boikov/Mironov.

That is what I'm most afraid of. That's why I'd rather roll the dice on them getting to that next level with this core in the next two years, than push that next step back any further to build a more traditional team. .

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Faulk and Dubois easily.

Let Yeti fill in this year as the 2C and then worry about if Dubois is ready next year if Yeti goes in the expansion draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad