Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎ ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
4th+Yak+ for Barrie+10th

I think 4th OA > Barrie personally. Barrie is worth as much as Hamilton I think yes I know Hamilton has never got 50 points but he is younger.

10th >> Yak

our + fixes the missing > idk what though.

I wouldn't give our 2nd round pick for Yakupov. No need for him here. Any idea of him for the 10th is a non-starter.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I gotta say I'm not a fan of that Dallas deal. Puts Barrie and Varly in the Central and I can't say I love any of the pieces coming back.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
4th+Yak+ for Barrie+10th

I think 4th OA > Barrie personally. Barrie is worth as much as Hamilton I think yes I know Hamilton has never got 50 points but he is younger.

10th >> Yak

our + fixes the missing > idk what though.

Hamilton is younger by two years...so it's not really that big of an age gap. And you point out that Hamilton has never hit 50 points, whereas Barrie has paced for or hit that mark the last 2 years (with 49 this year).

I may not be a HUGE fan of Barrie's defensive game, but there's no denying his offensive talent, and that carries big value in today's NHL.

Last edited:

ThatAvsGamer

Feb 21, 2013
Ontario
Johnson should be traded before Barrie. I'm praying we don't sign Radulov. Will not benefit this team. He isn't that good.

Yalupov >>> Radulov

I find it histarical that people wouldn't trade 2nd pick for Yakupov.. You guys are crazy :laugh:

Last edited:

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Johnson should be traded before Barrie. I'm praying we don't sign Radulov. Will not benefit this team. He isn't that good.

Yalupov >>> Radulov

I find it histarical that people wouldn't trade 2nd pick for Radulov.. You guys are crazy :laugh:

Yakupov is now better than Radulov? Mhm...we are the crazy ones.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

Yalupov >>> Radulov

I find it histarical that people wouldn't trade 2nd pick for Yakupov.. You guys are crazy :laugh:

Funny stuff.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
Barrie's the better all around D-man and is younger. Thanks for your input.

Putting up more points as a flashy undersized defenseman with good skating ability and decent stick work doesn't make you a better all around player, especially if you still require sheltered minutes and primarily start your shifts in the offensive zone. You are not "the better all around D-man" if you're still somewhat of a liability in the defensive zone and get rag-dolled every time you get into a 1-on-1 situation along the boards or in the corners. Nick freakin' Holden gets as much minutes as he does because Barrie can't be leaned on in all situations; his usage is pretty cut-and-dry for a reason. Fun player, don't get me wrong, but c'mon.

I won't bother responding to your Yakupov/Radulov assessment that was part of your phantom edit.

Last edited:

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I can see it being more like Barrie + Mitchell/Holden + 2nd rounder for 4th + yak.

I guess I simply don't see how Colorado trades Barrie and doesn't get a roster defenseman back.

In particular, I can't see how they do the above trade, since that's 3 roster players moved for 1 coming back - to a team with zero depth. My guess is that if they got that 4th, he would not play in the NHL next season.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I guess I simply don't see how Colorado trades Barrie and doesn't get a roster defenseman back.

In particular, I can't see how they do the above trade, since that's 3 roster players moved for 1 coming back - to a team with zero depth. My guess is that if they got that 4th, he would not play in the NHL next season.

If we somehow got 4th overall, I wouldn't say that player wouldn't be in the NHL next season. I think they'd give that player every shot to make the squad.

Dubois could easily play in the NHL next season he has an NHL body and NHL caliber skills. If they went defense any of the 3 main dmen could play NHL next year. Not sure that would be the best decision but they have the skill set to do so.

For me the guys that will play NHL next year are obviously Matthews, Laine, and Puljujarvi. After that I think Dubois and the big 3 dmen are the most likely to have a shot a sticking around. The others are most likely going back to juniors.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
If we somehow got 4th overall, I wouldn't say that player wouldn't be in the NHL next season. I think they'd give that player every shot to make the squad.

Dubois could easily play in the NHL next season he has an NHL body and NHL caliber skills. If they went defense any of the 3 main dmen could play NHL next year. Not sure that would be the best decision but they have the skill set to do so.

For me the guys that will play NHL next year are obviously Matthews, Laine, and Puljujarvi. After that I think Dubois and the big 3 dmen are the most likely to have a shot a sticking around. The others are most likely going back to juniors.

I like Dubois, quite a bit but even if he could play in the NHL next year, that's likely not the greatest recipe for success. We'd also have Rantanen as a full-time NHLer next year as well. While it might rarely happen to have two players that young join an NHL team's top-9 (because it's pointless to bring them in to play on the 4th line) I'm far from convinced it would make us a better team right away.

Agreed. If the Avs were to trade Barrie for the 4th overall as many here are suggesting, they better be damn sure that they can sign Yandle as a UFA. As far as I know, the tampering window only opens up after the draft making this kind of proposition incredibly risky.

To be fair about trading 3 roster players with only 1 coming back, these types of guys are easily found through free agency. Mitchell was a free agent acquisition...I think Compher will be ready to take his spot in the lineup (I personally don't see any AHL time for J.T.).

For Holden, if you count Stuart, we already have 8 d-men signed to NHL contracts for next year. Giving him up for a pick is no big deal, imo.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If the Avs didn't play Rantanen this season they aren't going to keep any of their draft picks up. The D are 2-3 years from playing on this team, IMO. They aren't going to do a Zadorov with them, they'll be going back to juniors for 2 years. Maybe they'll get light AHL time if they are lucky. Dubois maybe in 2017.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm praying we don't sign Radulov. Will not benefit this team. He isn't that good.

Yalupov >>> Radulov

There's no amount of weed that could be smoked for someone to actually think this. This is like saying that Hishon is better than Kane or Gaudreau.

...so could you hook me up with your cid source?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
If the Avs didn't play Rantanen this season they aren't going to keep any of their draft picks up. The D are 2-3 years from playing on this team, IMO. They aren't going to do a Zadorov with them, they'll be going back to juniors for 2 years. Maybe they'll get light AHL time if they are lucky. Dubois maybe in 2017.

I'm not as sure about that as you are. With Rantanen they had the ability to put him in the AHL (keeping him in their organization) and they admitted the expansion draft played a factor. Any draft pick next season likely won't have the expansion draft issue, and if they are coming from the CHL, they won't have the ability to play in the AHL.

Now most likely anybody they select goes back for next season as all but 3-4 (debatably on Dubois) of the players are not NHL ready, but any of them might be accelerated or decelerated depending on the individual situation (somebody like Brown or Sergachev will need more time, Juolevi and Nylander might need less). I don't see Chychrun being in the CHL in 17-18 in any organization.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Regarding Rantanen and the expansion draft...how did that matter? I heard Sakic mention it, but AHL games count as pro games the same as NHL games, do they not?

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012

Yalupov >>> Radulov

No to both of your points.

I would trade Barrie before I would trade Johnson at this point in time.

Radulov is far better than Yakupov.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Regarding Rantanen and the expansion draft...how did that matter? I heard Sakic mention it, but AHL games count as pro games the same as NHL games, do they not?

The rules are not fully known and not set in stone at this point. Sakic alluded to the idea that an entry level deal sliding in the AHL would be treated like a junior year in the CHL. For Rantanen it would mostly matter in a summer of 2018 expansion draft which could happen for Quebec.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo

Yalupov >>> Radulov

Is this satire? Please tell me this is satire.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

No not in Rantanen's case. His don't count because the Rampage were considered his "junior" team due to his age. He was just eligible to play in the AHL because of the Euro thing.

So in essence he just had a year where it was like he was playing in the CHL but it happened to be on an AHL team.

It just one of those odd situations that doesn't come up that often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark