Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Would you guys trade Beauchemin for Halak? He's tearing it up in the AHL and they have almost the exact same contract (4.5M, one more year left).

twostroke27

Oct 12, 2011
Yep, been saying this for a while. His trade value, and value to the team just don't match up.

You can see younger teams keeping their top D around the league for that exact reason as well.

If Barrie, Duchene and Landy all go and I'm EJ I'm asking for a trade. No sense in using your prime years and chance at a cup on a team that is going to be a bottom feeder for the forseeable future.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If Boston is as confident as their fans are about signing Shattenkirk maybe Mcavoy really can be traded.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Based on what though? Half his rookie season? I think the Bruins would be selling insanely high on him.

You know who else looked good after half a rookie season? Eric Gelinas. I remember NJ fans praising him and seeing him as a big part of their D future.

I think this is an excellent point. If people remember, NJ fans used to be reluctuant to include him in any potential RoR deal.

It's unclear whether Carlo would follow that path but it's certainly not impossible. I do know one thing, Carlo would look A LOT worse with this defense than he currently does on the Bruins...that's for damn sure.

As a B's fan seeing JFK go would be hard because I think he's one of our better prospects. I guess I'm different then a lot of B's fan because I think Landy is a game changer. 24 yo with a reasonable contract, current captain, 25 goal a year guy, has been a 50+ point per season guy in recent years.

Carlo
1st
JFK

all day long

As soon as I read this message, I wanted to ask : swap Carlo with McAvoy and do you STILL do it 'all day long'?? But Bubba beat me to it.

If the answer is no, then I think that some Bruins fans are being disingenuous when it comes to Carlo and his current value/status/upside. I mean, shouldn't the answer be a no-brainer, easy "yes" since Carlo is already in the NHL and performing as a " definetly be a 2 or 3 on a good team."??

Because if you prefer to keep the prospect that's not proven at the NHL level over a guy with the description you just gave, something doesn't add up here.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Regarding Dom's tweet, anyone else figure that 'former NHL coach' is Julien? Kind of off topic I suppose, but he'd still be completely connected with the organization, and considering Dom is connected to the Bruins, it'd make the most sense his connection is a former Bruins coach.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Regarding Dom's tweet, anyone else figure that 'former NHL coach' is Julien? Kind of off topic I suppose, but he'd still be completely connected with the organization, and considering Dom is connected to the Bruins, it'd make the most sense his connection is a former Bruins coach.

Honestly no. I still think of him as their coach. To me, he is what defined them in the last handful of years :laugh:

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

I just figured it was our old pal Joe Sacco. :laugh:

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Who else could it be?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

Now, obviously he won't say who, but he did tell me that it wasn't Julien (and he's not spilling who it was). And I believe him.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Now, obviously he won't say who, but he did tell me that it wasn't Julien (and he's not spilling who it was). And I believe him.

Patrick Roy! :sarcasm:

Now you have me wondering which former coach would have those connections :laugh:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Considering Julien is currently speaking with many other organizations about future work I don't imagine he would be learning any current Boston roster news from the inside.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Maybe Sakic really is taking Sweeney to the cleaners? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad