Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm scared. Someone hold me.
Yeah, after reading Dom's tweet, I am getting very scared as well.

I am wondering that Sakic is going to the Beanpot to watch Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson instead of McAvoy. If it is for Landeskog, perhaps it will be Carlo+JFK+something. I am in agreement that I would rather trade Duchene since Patrick or Hischier can replace some of his offensive game. But getting Carlo and JFK is a pretty damn good package IMO. Seems that Bruins fans on their board are quite reluctant in wanting JFK to be part of any deal (which means he should be good). But this is Sweeney we're talking about here, so pretty much anything can happen (which is good news for us).

Here's his EP profile
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=115158

Carlo just doesn't have any offense to his game. He is solid defensively and will probably be a damn good shutdown guy in 2-3 years. I could see him and Z working really well together down the road. Carlo just wouldn't be a guy I'd label to fix my defense.
Agreed. He was solid last night against Montreal, but never really saw any sort of offensive tool-set in the WHL. I mean, it wasn't because a lack of trying, he actually reads the play quite well and jumps in, but isn't really effective at getting on the board.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Carlo wasn't great especially during the B's dip for that few games. With that said he can definetly be a 2 or 3 on a good team.

Based on what though? Half his rookie season? I think the Bruins would be selling insanely high on him.

You know who else looked good after half a rookie season? Eric Gelinas. I remember NJ fans praising him and seeing him as a big part of their D future.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Thats an awful awful deal for the Bruins...

But Spooner, Zboril and a 1st is so fair for the Avs, am I right?

If I'm Sakic, it's McAvoy or take a hike. Not interested in trading one of the better two-way wingers in the game for bad fits, or guys with upside limited to the 2nd pairing.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
There's nothing much at BU/BC for the upcoming draft, however.

Other than potentially the top goalie prospect in this draft ;)
But I agree with your point. Besides what organization would bother sending their GM to see a goalie prospect? Everyone knows they are voodoo so just throw a dart at the draft board and hope for the best.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Based on what though? Half his rookie season? I think the Bruins would be selling insanely high on him.

You know who else looked good after half a rookie season? Eric Gelinas. I remember NJ fans praising him and seeing him as a big part of their D future.

Quarter.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Other than potentially the top goalie prospect in this draft ;)
But I agree with your point. Besides what organization would bother sending their GM to see a goalie prospect? Everyone knows they are voodoo so just throw a dart at the draft board and hope for the best.

It's pointless to look at top goalie prospects unless we get more top 100 picks too

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

If I'm Sakic, it's McAvoy or take a hike. Not interested in trading one of the better two-way wingers in the game for bad fits, or guys with upside limited to the 2nd pairing.

Exactly how I feel

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Yeah, after reading Dom's tweet, I am getting very scared as well.

I am wondering that Sakic is going to the Beanpot to watch Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson instead of McAvoy. If it is for Landeskog, perhaps it will be Carlo+JFK+something. I am in agreement that I would rather trade Duchene since Patrick or Hischier can replace some of his offensive game. But getting Carlo and JFK is a pretty damn good package IMO. Seems that Bruins fans on their board are quite reluctant in wanting JFK to be part of any deal (which means he should be good). But this is Sweeney we're talking about here, so pretty much anything can happen (which is good news for us).

Here's his EP profile
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=115158

Agreed. He was solid last night against Montreal, but never really saw any sort of offensive tool-set in the WHL. I mean, it wasn't because a lack of trying, he actually reads the play quite well and jumps in, but isn't really effective at getting on the board.

I was looking at that JFK kid as well. Looks like a solid prospect.

Also, since you mentioned Patrick/Hischier replacing Duchene, I wonder if the development of Greer has made the idea of trading Landy more reasonable.

robinsonp16

Jan 12, 2017
As a B's fan seeing JFK go would be hard because I think he's one of our better prospects. I guess I'm different then a lot of B's fan because I think Landy is a game changer. 24 yo with a reasonable contract, current captain, 25 goal a year guy, has been a 50+ point per season guy in recent years.

Carlo
1st
JFK

all day long

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

Yeah I forget where I posted that; Because I didn't.

I'm personally hoping no deal between the Avs and Bruins happens.

Not interested in Landy tbh.:D

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I was looking at that JFK kid as well. Looks like a solid prospect.

Also, since you mentioned Patrick/Hischier replacing Duchene, I wonder if the development of Greer has made the idea of trading Landy more reasonable.

I don't think it should, and if AJ Greer (a guy with the up side of J. McGinn) makes trading Landeskog easier, then count me in on the fire Sakic band wagon, which I currently am not on.

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France

Oh ****, what a nightmare that would be : trading away Landeskog for a guy that takes the same path as Gelinas. I shudder just thinking about it :scared:.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
As a B's fan seeing JFK go would be hard because I think he's one of our better prospects. I guess I'm different then a lot of B's fan because I think Landy is a game changer. 24 yo with a reasonable contract, current captain, 25 goal a year guy, has been a 50+ point per season guy in recent years.

Carlo
1st
JFK

all day long

Would you do:

McAvoy
1st
JFK

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I don't really get the sentiments on these boards. In the GDT, people are complaining about Landeskog's poor efforts causing goals against, the guy's got 22 points on the year, there are constant rumors that management isn't happy with his performance as captain - what is everyone clamoring to keep him for, his hair? The rare complete effort he seems to bring every 8 or 9 games?

If Sakic is really going to stay, I don't think Landeskog will. My only problem is that we're not selling high.

So much this.

That said i'm at the point if they trade Landy or Dutch, just trade them both. Commit to the rebuild and start over. Build from the back out and get some assets.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Can somebody explain the urgency in us trading either of Landeskog or Duchene right now instead of waiting another couple of weeks?

Can somebody explain why the hell we would be trading Landeskog in the first place?
I'm in agreement that any deal for the Avs should wait until the offseason. However, Sweeney might be feeling the pressures of making the playoffs this season. So a player they considered untouchable in Carlo earlier, is back on the offer making things progress faster than normal. That's my two cent. Perhaps that pressure from the owner and other management, is making Sweeney potentially overpay for Landeskog.

Would you do:

McAvoy
1st
JFK
Too much for Boston, that's a deal that gets Duchene IMO.

Why would you get a used one when you can just buy a new Graovac off QVC.

Graovac would be a sweet pick up, doesn't have the speed, but is an NHL version of Martinsen IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad