Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'd argue that any pick in the top-10 to 15 is going to net you a really good player. Shaping up to be one of the best drafts in recent memory.

Load up on 2018 1sts.

Problem with 2018 is it's one more year to wait for the player.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Problem with 2018 is it's one more year to wait for the player.

But if it nets you a Rasmus Dahlin would you really mind waiting another year? This team isn't contending for a cup in the next couple of years.

krombat

May 3, 2016
If the team frees up even more cap space by getting rid of vets, they could keep both Dutch and Landy and sign Alzner and Shattenkirk. That would make the AVs competitive next year and moving forward as the 2017 1st round pick and Jost compete for a top 6 position.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
If the team frees up even more cap space by getting rid of vets, they could keep both Dutch and Landy and sign Alzner and Shattenkirk. That would make the AVs competitive next year and moving forward as the 2017 1st round pick and Jost compete for a top 6 position.

The only issue with that is UFAs don't usually sign with last place teams. I want to keep both Duchene and Lando as well but we can't realistically sign high end UFAs with the position were in

Avs44

May 16, 2011

There are 31 other teams in the league. Why here?

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Not at all a fan of trading Duchene. I do however realize that he is the player who will bring in the greatest return for our team.

Moving Duchene is the best chance of the team acquiring a top 4 D man and remodeling the core around Mack and Patrick(assuming we land the #1 pick).

At this point I do not believe you can keep Duchene as he has mentally prepared himself to be dealt away with all of the rumors constantly going on.

For me, O'Reilly was easy to trade, I didn't really care about him and he wanted to be overpaid.
Duchene is one of my favorite Avs players and one that I actually have an emotional connection to so seeing him dealt away would be bittersweet to me.

With that said however, I just want the Avs to improve and become a Stanley cup winner whatever it takes.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
Not at all a fan of trading Duchene. I do however realize that he is the player who will bring in the greatest return for our team.

Moving Duchene is the best chance of the team acquiring a top 4 D man and remodeling the core around Mack and Patrick(assuming we land the #1 pick).

At this point I do not believe you can keep Duchene as he has mentally prepared himself to be dealt away with all of the rumors constantly going on.

For me, O'Reilly was easy to trade, I didn't really care about him and he wanted to be overpaid.
Duchene is one of my favorite Avs players and one that I actually have an emotional connection to so seeing him dealt away would be bittersweet to me.

With that said however, I just want the Avs to improve and become a Stanley cup winner whatever it takes.

I know what you mean. I just want to see Dutchy to go somewhere and win a Cup because he has been incredibly loyal and a fan favorite. He always will be.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
If anyone cares or pays attention to this, Duchene is still at #2 on TSN's "Trade Bait Board" (Landeskog at #7, Iginla at #20).

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I think if something like Barrie for Palat was on the table, I'd do it.

I don't think it would be, though.

I wouldn't. The teams defense is appalling, trade Barrie for a winger is not a good idea.

Landeskog for vatanen and a 2nd

Barrie for palat

Then I wake up.

Wake up....? I think the Avs downgrade at both positions. I don't touch that.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Vatanen is a worse Barrie... no idea of the appeal there. Just keep Barrie. Palat is also going to be WAY overpaid. Pass.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I need to start using the sarcasm emoji.

If landeskog was going to Anaheim I'd want Lindholm but that ship has sailed big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad