Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I'm hoping to watch LaDue play tonight but I doubt I will be able to stay up that late.

I'm also feeling an avs win tonight! And then a trade tomorrow :( if iginla and LaDue come out in different jerseys tonight though ohh baby

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
McKenzie said on NBCSN that interest in Duchene is high, but so is the price.

Sakic is asking for...

- Established NHL Player + "A" Level Prospect + 1st Rounder

If the team doesn't want to give us established NHL player, McKenzie noted that it would take more...

- "A" Level Prospect + "A"/"B" Level Prospect + Another Prospect + 1st Rounder/2nd Rounder

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Sakic is asking for...

If the team doesn't want to give us established NHL player, McKenzie noted that it would take more...

- "A" Level Prospect + "A"/"B" Level Prospect + Another Prospect + 1st Rounder/2nd Rounder

Damn son. I like that Sakic.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Sakic is asking for...

Good to hear. Now we just need someone to bite.

Sakic is patient enough to wait until the offseason for a better return but I don't think I can take that. Give me a trade already.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Sakic is asking for...

Huh. Well I mocked Garrioch a bit the other day, but that is almost precisely what he said. He suggested it would take Ceci, Chabot, and the Sens 1st rounder for Duchene. Credit to him I suppose. Obviously the price is very high then, which is more than fine with me.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
FYI,

A deal like Muzzin+Kempe/LaDue+1st rounder seemed like one McKenzie was referring to (not sure I would like that). He did not make any note of position or age, but using common sense from past rumours that the NHL established player should be a defender.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's not that common that players as good as Duchene, with term, are available on the trade market. Should be plenty of interest.

Might set one of the 5-10 teams in the league up to contend for three years at least. That Duchene has turned into an elite faceoff guy makes him even more attractive for the post season.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Trade Duchene before he falls into a depression coma.

Bob also said calls are starting to heat up for the old guys. Mentioned Rene's name too.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I wonder if a trade with The Blues would work? With the Vegas Draft coming, and their abundance of quality D, could we trade with them maybe?

Especially with Hitchcock gone.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I wonder if a trade with The Blues would work? With the Vegas Draft coming, and their abundance of quality D, could we trade with them maybe?

If they'd accept a quantity package of mediocre assets for a guy they'd lose for nothing, sure. It depends on what their expansion draft strategy is. If we could package up some of the stuff we get for the rentals and give them that for a quality D that could be a win-win trade. We won't have anything shiny to offer them.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013

I'd be interested in Shattenkirk, provided of course that a deal is in place for him to sign an extension. That would make a Barrie for top-6 forward deal possible.

Don't be delusional folks, you won't get Shatty for spare parts. They're going to want a big return.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
St Louis has some quality D... they don't have quality young D outside of Parayko.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006

Sakic is asking for...

Fans of other teams see it like this...

Established player: DD, Ryan, etc
A level prospect: Kapanen, Demko, etc

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Fans of other teams see it like this...

Established player: DD, Ryan, etc
A level prospect: Kapanen, Demko, etc

You just know Habs fans automatically figured that "A level prospect" is Juulsen, which means Beaulieu, Juulsen, and a 1st is more than enough for Duchene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad