Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
IMO Mitchell quit when that happened. Not exactly the right thing to do, but from a human perspective, I can't say I necessarily blame him.

Yep. The Mitchell who's giving a **** is a fine defensive player who can PK, who'll stand up for his team-mates, and also provide that depth scoring...I still remember him standing up to Buff...the Mitchell we've seen this year just doesn't care anymore. I can certainly see him being useful to another team if he does get moved at the TDL; though I too doubt anyone will give anything of value for him, which is why a McCleod like trade for an AHLer who can help replace Greer/Compher/Bigras is all I'd expect.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Wow that's all it took for Wingels? This is one of the best "buy low" deals I've seen in a long time, he's going to be a beast with Smith in Ottawa. Different system and a better role for him will bring him back to his former self.

Would have loved to see the Avs make a deal like this for once.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Trade doesn't make much sense for Sharks unless they had to open up a spot in the NHL. Guess they might like this Buddy guy.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
They don't have room for Wingels and they need cap room to have flexibility at the deadline. Tommy also took a step back the past couple of seasons.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
it's pretty much nothing for Wingels.

Here's the thing....they traded him for a bag of pucks and retained 30% of his salary on top of that. It's not a hockey move for a contender. He either requested a trade or there's some off ice issues that we aren't aware of.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
They don't have room for Wingels and they need cap room to have flexibility at the deadline.

I don't buy it. His remaining cap hit is 700k and they retain 250k of that. That's 450k in cap room savings (aka peanuts).

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Here's the thing....they traded him for a bag of pucks and retained 30% of his salary on top of that. It's not a hockey move for a contender. He either requested a trade or there's some off ice issues that we aren't aware of.

They are freeing up salary so they can get back Hertl and hopefully bank as much as they can (why I think this move was made this early). Even with the retention, they are getting Lebanc and Meier for less cap space than what they purged with Wingels. They are freeing up space so they can made an addition to the team at the deadline.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Dillon to be the next purged. He can be replaced internally for ~2.5m less.

I don't buy it. His remaining cap hit is 700k and they retain 250k of that. That's 450k in cap room savings (aka peanuts).

For them the daily factor means a lot.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

They also have no room for him and he regressed for a decent amount in the last couple of years, plus Wilson isn't too concerned with the optics of the move if they make sense to him.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Wingels really must've taken a step back (and I know he has, to an extent) if this is a move the Sharks want to be doing, considering where they are.

Trade doesn't make much sense for Sharks unless they had to open up a spot in the NHL. Guess they might like this Buddy guy.

He's not your guy, friend.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It wouldn't surprise me to see Dillon to be the next purged. He can be replaced internally for ~2.5m less.

Dillon's NHL career used to give me hope that Dunk would at least play in the NHL, even if he wasn't very good and moved on...le sigh...

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I know only I nerd out about this stuff but this basically tells you when camp is this fall... It also looks early enough for the Olympics. Camp will prob be week of 9/11 and season likely start on Oct 4. We also might have our first preseason game at home, on Tuesday 9/19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Could Jurco be someone to take a chance on if he's cheap? Hasn't shown much at the NHL level but he's still young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad