Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Just saw this one on my FB feed...

j8aXyke.jpg

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If you're not s***ting on Arizona cause of their solid future, then we shouldn't be s*** on either; cause despite our issues, we're not praying that Strome turns into a Center solution or looking at whatever the f*** the Wings/Nucks/Devils are as a future. A decent Duchene return and our youth roster is no less solid than many of those teams'

Jost - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Landy - 2017 1st - Morrison?
Greer - Beaudin - Compher
Nieto - Henley - Nantel/Barron

*Dutch* - Meloche
Zadorov - Barrie
Bigras - Clurman
Mironov

Martin
Pickard

With whatever other picks/prospects we pick up for our rentals and in the duchene trade.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
If you're not s***ting on Arizona cause of their solid future, then we shouldn't be s*** on either; cause despite our issues, we're not praying that Strome turns into a Center solution or looking at whatever the f*** the Wings/Nucks/Devils are as a future. A decent Duchene return and our youth roster is no less solid than many of those teams'

Jost - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Landy - 2017 1st - Morrison?
Greer - Beaudin - Compher
Nieto - Henley - Nantel/Barron

*Dutch* - Meloche
Zadorov - Barrie
Bigras - Clurman
Mironov

Martin
Pickard

With whatever other picks/prospects we pick up for our rentals and in the duchene trade.

Meh.

Right now Arizona has a way better future.

They have everything you need.

Great #1 D in OEL, 19 year old stud with toppairing potential in Chychrun, Wood in the minors, potential #1 Cs in Keller and maybe Strome. Dvorak is not bad either. Also guys like Domi, Fischer, Perlini and Crouse on the wings.

As well as a crapload to sell at the deadline in Hanzal, Doan, Stone and Vrbata who all will land way more than any Av probably right now. And the Coyotes will also have a top4-5 pick so unless we strike gold, we are not gaining any ground there either.

The Avs are not in as good of a shape.

We could be if Sakic nails his next few trades but right now it isn't close IMO.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
since management have shown already that when they pursue someone they go until the end (see Wiercioch), I`m starting to fear we are gonna trade one of our forwards (Duchene/Landeskog) for Kulikov. :shakehead

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
since management have shown already that when they pursue someone they go until the end (see Wiercioch), I`m starting to fear we are gonna trade one of our forwards (Duchene/Landeskog) for Kulikov. :shakehead

I'd be more worried about overpaying Kulikov as an UFA. I think you can rest easy as far as him being a trade target. If this season teaches the FO anything, it's that they ain't dealing prospects and picks for rentals this deadline. We can at least breathe easy as far as that goes.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Things is, 3 years ago people were saying WE had a solid future. With the talent we do have, we're supposed to have a solid present.

Projecting down the line only helps so much if absolutely nothing clicks.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Things is, 3 years ago people were saying WE had a solid future. With the talent we do have, we're supposed to have a solid present.

Projecting down the line only helps so much if absolutely nothing clicks.

Well we were in a great position back then but management completely screwed it up.

3 years is a long time in the NHL. Back then Toronto was Kessel/Phaneuf and going nowhere.

No doubt about that. But right now the future looks brighter for Arizona.

That could change in an instant. Lets say Duchene goes for Hanifin who then completely breaks out for us and turns into a legit #1 D in those 3 years.

At that point the Avs are probably way ahead if Strome, Keller, Wood or Chychrun don't pan out the way one would hope..

My point is that atleast on paper Arizona has a solution to every problem in their system right now.

The Avs don't...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well we were in a great position back then but management completely screwed it up.

3 years is a long time in the NHL. Back then Toronto was Kessel/Phaneuf and going nowhere.

No doubt about that. But right now the future looks brighter for Arizona.

That could change in an instant. Lets say Duchene goes for Hanifin who then completely breaks out for us and turns into a legit #1 D in those 3 years.

At that point the Avs are probably way ahead if Strome, Keller, Wood or Chychrun don't pan out the way one would hope..

My point is that atleast on paper Arizona has a solution to every problem in their system right now.

The Avs don't...

Assuming a duchene trade happens, what spot don't we at least have a potential solution for? And though I like Keller, I'm not sure how high a level of #1C he can be...certainly more skeptical of him as a 1C than I am Hanifin/Sergachev as a 1D.

And I just don't rate Strome, didn't before the draft, and he has done nothing since then to change my mind.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Assuming a duchene trade happens, what spot don't we at least have a potential solution for? And though I like Keller, I'm not sure how high a level of #1C he can be...certainly more skeptical of him as a 1C than I am Hanifin/Sergachev as a 1D.

And I just don't rate Strome, didn't before the draft, and he has done nothing since then to change my mind.

Does not look like we will get Hanifin anytime soon.

And I don't trust Sergachev at all when it comes to that #1 D spot.

Have way more faith in one of Keller, Strome or Hischier/Patrick/Vilardi turning into a decent #1 C down the road than I have faith in Sergachev ever turning into a legit #1 D.

Maybe it is because I am an Avs fan and we have been a bit spoiled/burned in that regard but IMO it is way easier to get a good #1 C than it is to get a good #1 D...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I wouldn't say that... they are missing the #1C spot. That is their glaring hole IMO.

Agreed.

I think AZ will trade Strome sooner than later

Also Agreed.

Does not look like we will get Hanifin anytime soon.

And I don't trust Sergachev at all when it comes to that #1 D spot.

Have way more faith in one of Keller, Strome or Hischier/Patrick/Vilardi turning into a decent #1 C down the road than I have faith in Sergachev ever turning into a legit #1 D.

Maybe it is because I am an Avs fan and we have been a bit spoiled/burned in that regard but IMO it is way easier to get a good #1 C than it is to get a good #1 D...

I like Sergachev more than I do Keller, I don't rate strome at all and think Zads has a better chance of becoming a #1D than Strome does a #1C; which just leaves their pick. Maybe I just like Sergachev a lot more than you, even if he'll need time & development, but I'd be very happy having Zads & Serg locking down half of our top 4 in the future alongside Meloche / Bigras / Barrie / Clurman / future picks...even if Arizona's first turns out to be more likely to fill the #1C spot than Sergachev the #1D one.

I don't understand this suddenly backlash to serg, especially from our fanbase when we wanted him so badly at the draft and we're watching a similar high ceilinged defensive prospect who needed time be one of the few brightspots of this awful season. Serg needs his time as well, but all of the talent and creativity that had him as a "must get" for us in this past draft is still there. Kid's still gunna be an absolute stud if given the time to develop his game.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Agreed.

Also Agreed.

I like Sergachev more than I do Keller, I don't rate strome at all and think Zads has a better chance of becoming a #1D than Strome does a #1C; which just leaves their pick. Maybe I just like Sergachev a lot more than you, even if he'll need time & development, but I'd be very happy having Zads & Serg locking down half of our top 4 in the future alongside Meloche / Bigras / Barrie / Clurman / future picks...even if Arizona's first turns out to be more likely to fill the #1C spot than Sergachev the #1D one.

I don't understand this suddenly backlash to serg, especially from our fanbase when we wanted him so badly at the draft and we're watching a similar high ceilinged defensive prospect who needed time be one of the few brightspots of this awful season. Serg needs his time as well, but all of the talent and creativity that had him as a "must get" for us in this past draft is still there. Kid's still gunna be an absolute stud if given the time to develop his game.

I wasn't around back then. I liked Chychrun over Sergachev back then and even more now.
I mean I would have also picked him over Jost or anyother forward in that range so I certainly did not dislike him.

But I have seen Sergachev around 8-10 times this season and he hasn't impressed me once. A few of those games were NHL/preseason games so that was to be expected but I watched a few Windsor games and came away unimpressed.

I watched the WJC and came away very unimpressed.

The kid has major potential but he IMO right now is very far away from fulfilling that potential and I have my doubts if he ever will do that.

Yes he certainly could turn into a #1 D but I think Keller or a top3 pick turning into a #1 C is a way better bet than Sergachev becoming a true #1 D.

Hell even Strome is not a totally lost cause. I very much dislike him as well but the odds of him becoming a #1 C (not a high-end one but one that is decent enough to get away with it) are not that much worse than the odds of Sergachev turning into a OEL level D.

In the end they are all prospects. We are all more likely to be wrong than right unfortunately when it comes to projecting them. It is a matter of personal preference. I just personally am not currently a member of the Sergachev fanclub..

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

I never liked Sergachev that much, but I'm not talking about him (besides saying I'd be surprised if Montreal traded him) either... so maybe I'm just out of this whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad