Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2017-18 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
As good of a place as any to begin a thread with this thought. I concur.

If Duchene is starting the year with the AVS that means that it doesn't even matter for the FO who's there or how the players feel. They clearly don't care.

Also, didn't we used to have some summer fun threads? Now might be a nice time for some positive distraction.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
argh thread got closed as i was going to post , anyway

I suppose the Isles picks are ok, but wont they be late ? so a bunch of 2nds for Duchene essentially?

I mean i guess if we have a bunch of assets like that we can trade up, not that i think we are that capable but its a nice idea in theory

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
At this point, given the fan created proposals you keep Duchene. The time to move him has past at this juncture.
If you are Sakic you need to have a conversation with him, tell him at this point he is staying and clear the air so Duchene can focus moving forward.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

I suppose the Isles picks are ok, but wont they be late ? so a bunch of 2nds for Duchene essentially?

I mean i guess if we have a bunch of assets like that we can trade up, not that i think we are that capable but its a nice idea in theory

Sorry :( that's why I try to wait until a slow time sometimes

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
At this point, given the fan created proposals you keep Duchene. The time to move him has past at this juncture.
If you are Sakic you need to have a conversation with him, tell him at this point he is staying and clear the air so Duchene can focus moving forward.

So far just to compile them all ive read

Kamenev+Fiala

Murray +PLD+ 1st ...which looking at it..wow that is alot

NYIs mismash of picks

Maata +Sprong+ pick

Fleury/Bean + Gauthier/Roy + pick

Which one is the best one? id say CLB still but there's no way they do that

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
We should have a poll for how many more threads we go through before Duchene gets traded. :laugh:

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
We should have a poll for how many more threads we go through before Duchene gets traded. :laugh:

He's taken over this whole forum lol

Its gonna be like this every frickin summer, some major thing we have to be obsessed over

ROR
Roy
now Dutchess

and probably Barrie once Duchene is outta here

I just want some peace for once, a nice calm summer where we add to the pool and can feel good about
our org going forward...too much to ask i guess.

World peace, equal rights, Avs doing well...list of impossible things

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

Also, didn't we used to have some summer fun threads? Now might be a nice time for some positive distraction.

We should start up the favourite Av elimination game. I'd do it myself but mobile + no ambition.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
So far just to compile them all ive read

Kamenev+Fiala

Murray +PLD+ 1st ...which looking at it..wow that is alot

NYIs mismash of picks

Maata +Sprong+ pick

Fleury/Bean + Gauthier/Roy + pick

Which one is the best one? id say CLB still but there's no way they do that

These are fan proposals? Easily CBJ

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

I'd place Calgary and NYI in the mid pack. I wouldn't mind holding their firsts, you never know. I wouldn't mind holding a lotto ticket on Mike Smith and Greiss/Halak.

Seriously though, I get you cant take a face of the franchise in his prime for just magic beans but there has to be something workable out there with those kind of picks supposedly on the table.

If PLD is on the table at all then they need to figure something out.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland

Trade every player on the roster for another player who wears the same number.

ie
#4 Barrie -> Hall
#14 Comeau -> Benn

Make it challenging, and actually form a team doing that...

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
It would be nice to have all the Duchene discussion in one thread.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Aren't they all? rumors from supposed insiders are the same imo
And yes the jackets one is by far the best , even if we have to add which I hate but in that instance you do it

Nothing specific came out of CBJ beyond Friedman speculating about Murray. See this is the problem... Someone says Murray + prospect was offered, and people either assume it's trash or it's gold like PLD.

Edit : How is it that rumors from guys like Friedman, and HFboard fan proposals are the same thing?

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Nothing specific came out of CBJ beyond Friedman speculating about Murray. See this is the problem... Someone says Murray + prospect was offered, and people either assume it's trash or it's gold like PLD.

Edit : How is it that rumors from guys like Friedman, and HFboard fan proposals are the same thing?

Just my opinion but they could be making it up like Eklund or hearing it second hand from someone who's making it up. Unless its the GM going on record saying we offered this and this (which rarely happens) then it's all just unsubstantiated dribble

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

I would take a chance of one of NYI or Cal to miss the playoffs.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I would take a chance of one of NYI or Cal to miss the playoffs.

Perhaps but one team made the playoffs and got better the other is going to get Duchene and they missed by a point or something and they didn't have JT for their final 3 games or something. Very likely they both make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad