Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2016-17 Part XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I am surprised Brisson hasn't requested a trade publicly yet.

Just give it time, Sakic has always been extraordinary. Unfortunately he's just extraordinarily bad at this job.

I imagine if we get close to August with no action something has to give on Duchene's end. If he didnt have so much love for the franchise I'm sure he would've already. Actually says a lot about Duchene as a person.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
It's a shame that it's going to take a public trade request to get this moving. Sakic has beeb sitting on this for far too long already, and he's going to lose all the leverage once teams know he HAS to move him.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

I don't think Brisson and Duchene are the kind of player/agent combination that will publicly ask for a trade...

And I think in private it probably has already happened...

But you bet that the relationship with Brisson would be strained over this one...

And given that we already are not on the best of terms with Newport, pissing off another major agent is not really a great idea...

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia

Requesting the trade publicly would harm the organisation, because it would further lower his trade value. Duchene wouldnt do that to Avs, not that kind of person based on his off-ice behavior so far, even if he desires to be traded. At least i dont believe he would.

EDIT: Beaten to it :-D

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
They need to trade him before free agency window opens or good luck finding a suitor.

The good thing is that while this might be the worst draft in recent memory, this UFA class in comparison is far worse.

Probably even epically bad.
Especially when it comes to forwards and especially centers...

It is Hanzal and Radulov at this point who will both get insanely overpaid by default...

Also a few third tier guys like Bonino or Gagner.

It is really awful. Don't think it would have that much impact on Duchenes value...

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
This whole situation is definitely causing ripples in the organization. If I were say, Landeskog, I'd be awfully worried right now about how I'd be treated in this situation.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If there is anything that's overrated it's trade requests. There are probably 20-30 players in the league currently that's asked for a trade. I would expect someone like Evander Kane to have played 75% of his career with one.

Most of the the time the player is told to put on their big boy pants and deal with it because they are under contract and are being paid a lot of money to compensate for the inconvenience of playing on a team they might not find ideal.

Sakic knows Duchene would like to be traded.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
With Duchene (currently) not traded for a defenseman, I wonder who Sakic has in mind via free agency. They have a gaping hole on the left side due to the subtraction of Beachemin (it was gaping even when he was here to be honest).

Alzner? Kulikov as a cheapo option?

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
With Duchene (currently) not traded for a defenseman, I wonder who Sakic has in mind via free agency. They have a gaping hole on the left side due to the subtraction of Beachemin (it was gaping even when he was here to be honest).

I'm guessing Kulikov, I doubt Alzner would want to sign here after just being in the conference finals.

Zadorov-EJ
Kulikov-Barrie
Bigras/Lindholm-Mironov

member 116861

The only guy I would sign at more than 2 years is Shattenkirk so hopefully they stick to 1 year deals which means Alzner is probably out of the question.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

Zadorov
Barberio
Bigras/Lindholm

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm guessing Kulikov, I doubt Alzner would want to sign here after just being in the conference finals.

Zadorov-EJ
Kulikov-Barrie
Bigras/Lindholm-Mironov

Yeah I could see them giving Kulikov like 3M for one year or something like that. Kulikov is going to know our depth on the left side is wide open and playing with Barrie will be easy as pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad